The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (11 November 2021) - 'modpocalypse' partially averted by a key modder getting early access (PC Gamer)

CitizenVectron

Speaking of mods... are there any that make the combat good? Not a joke, I might actually play the game again if someone took the time to make enemies react to hits (and attacks doing a reasonable amount of damage, not chip damage or a silly one-shot) and made the player's attacks feel weighty and skill based. 

I know there were a few attempts last time I played this game in 1985, but none were any more than some damage modifiers and a few new janky abilities. 

I feel like everything gets overhauled except the part that's super, super bad. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Speaking of mods... are there any that make the combat good? Not a joke, I might actually play the game again if someone took the time to make enemies react to hits (and attacks doing a reasonable amount of damage, not chip damage or a silly one-shot) and made the player's attacks feel weighty and skill based. 

I know there were a few attempts last time I played this game in 1985, but none were any more than some damage modifiers and a few new janky abilities. 

I feel like everything gets overhauled except the part that's super, super bad. 

If I recall, there was a mod that changed the game to have target-locking (like Zelda, etc) so you could play like that. I never installed it, but it looked decent. I agree that the combat itself is the worst part of the game.

I think there was a mod that added Dark Souls type combat and another that added a slow down time when you dodge mechanic. I believe thre are quite a few mods that make the combat better.  There's so many but here's one list

Skyrim-Combat-Mods-Featured.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

Skyrim's combat system may be outdated, but the right mix of mods can bring a whole new level of fun for players - especially these ones.

@Xbob42

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I think there was a mod that added Dark Souls type combat and another that added a slow down time when you dodge mechanic. I believe thre are quite a few mods that make the combat better.  There's so many but here's one list

Skyrim-Combat-Mods-Featured.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

Skyrim's combat system may be outdated, but the right mix of mods can bring a whole new level of fun for players - especially these ones.

@Xbob42

Thanks!

Already leery of this article's integrity and the sanity of the author based on literally the first sentence of the first mod:

Finishing enemies off in style is one of the high points in Skyrim

But I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and check some of these out!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Thanks!

Already leery of this article's integrity and the sanity of the author based on literally the first sentence of the first mod:

But I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and check some of these out!

That's just one list. Google best combat mods for Skyrim and you'll get a bunch of lists of mods. There will often be overlap though.

What is the price of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition and the Anniversary Upgrade?

• The MSRP for the Skyrim Anniversary Edition on digital storefronts will be USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399 at launch.
  • If you already own Skyrim Special Edition, the MSRP for the Anniversary Upgrade on digital storefronts will be USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429 at launch.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (11 November 2021) - Pricing Announced: $50 new or $20 for Special Edition owners

Gonna take a look at the Series S/X enhancements and see how it is. If they improve some things like the rock textures (which are still absolutely horrendous) and make the game look like it's not a decade old, then it might interest me enough to drop the $20 on all the extra content.

It already runs at 60, so if the "enhancements" are just a res bump, then I don't know if I can get interested enough to get into it again.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (11 November 2021) - Anniversary Edition Trailer
5LmdUVZ3U63oZ2BpnecHTb-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Bethesda gave early access to Skyrim Anniversary Edition to the developer of the cornerstone Skyrim Script Extender.

The latest named version of The Elder Scrolls V is now out in the wild as Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Which means that everyone can now get on with piecing back together their custom version of the game complete with all their favorite Skyrim mods installed. Mostly, anyhow. Skyrim Script Extender, one of the cornerstone mods required by many, many other Skyrim mods, was preparing for a full-on "modpocalypse." Fortunately, Bethesda gave early access to the Skyrim Anniversary Edition to the developers of SKSE, who say that the outlook for the Skyrim Special Edition modding scene is now "better than expected."

Last month, SKSE developer Extrwi posted a warning that the Skyrim Anniversary Edition would be "much more disruptive to the modding scene than is commonly believed." As is often the case with game modding, Skyrim mods can be an intricate Jenga tower. Your favorite mods may very well be the middle blocks in a tower of dependencies that rests atop the Skyrim

Script Extender mod. Some major favorite Skyrim Special Edition mods such as SkyUI and Legacy of the Dragonborn both require SKSE, for instance.

Anticipating the modpocalypse, Extrwi predicted that they would be able to rush through a stopgap update to SKSE within a few nights, but that this wouldn't entirely solve the situation.

That's precisely what happened, it turns out, though fortunately it's been prior to the Skyrim AE update rather than after. Extrwi says in a new post that Bethesda gave them early access to the new version and that they've been spending all their free time for the last week and a half preparing for the Skyrim AE update.

• Shocked 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (11 November 2021) - 'modpocalypse' partially averted by a key modder getting early access (PC Gamer)
5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
5LmdUVZ3U63oZ2BpnecHTb-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Bethesda gave early access to Skyrim Anniversary Edition to the developer of the cornerstone Skyrim Script Extender.

There’s already a D1P for the Anniversary Edition and SKSE is out of date with it OLO

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Who in the fuck is buying this? Jfc Bethesda! I'm so sick and tired of ESV it's literally insane. People....STOP BUYING THIS HORSE SHIT!

We just keep getting fed the same ole shit we have played numerous times. Remastered, Directors Cut, etc. just means the same ole shit. It has gotten really bad lately. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
ekuLvfi83tun74dsxaAUnT-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

If you're getting a black screen after loading a modded save in Skyrim Anniversary Edition, here's a fix for that.

I literally was gonna post that the game broke when I installed the upgrade (I didn’t buy the anniversary stuff, just downloaded the “upgrade”)

I don’t have any mods going though so I’m a little confused of what is causing my issue. How annoying. 

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...