Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy - The Definitive Edition (11 November 2021, PlayStation consoles/Xbox consoles/PC (Rockstar Launcher-only)/Switch) - Official Trailer and Screenshots

Brian

• Brian changed the title to Rumor: Rockstar is working on a remaster of all three classic Grand Theft Auto games - Coming late October/early November to PC, PS4/5, XBO, XSX/S, Switch, mobile and Stadia aka The Jaded/Salty Gamer Thread
4 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

I wonder how much it would cost Rockstar just to be able to maintain the rights to the game soundtracks...(not that it matters, Rockstar probably covers the cost in one week of GTA Online)

As someone who never played the first 2 3D games I would gladly give them a go....

I tried 3 out last year (after wanting to play through all the games on PS2) and whilst not awful, it feel archaic.

Vice City through nostalgia alone is a fun game.

I'm playing Skyward Sword on Switch in between games in the Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Final Fantasy remakes. One of my favorite things from last year was the Tony Hawk 1+2 remake, and if they give 3 a similar treatment I'll buy it immediately. I'm not personally interested in these particular games being remade, but I can't be mad at it. 

14 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Body Harvest.

I love Body Harvest... ugly as it was there was a legit method to the madness in how the bugs harvested humans...

-but the walking speed of the main character...

-you had to use the upgraded weapons cheat to even be able to really harm the bugs

-the maps were huge and had great variety of vehicles (area 51 even had the room for the staged moon landing)

-the concept of the game is great and deserves another shot... (Buck Bumble too btw)..

-made it all the way to Siberia...

On 8/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, 5timechamp said:

I love Body Harvest... ugly as it was there was a legit method to the madness in how the bugs harvested humans...

-but the walking speed of the main character...

-you had to use the upgraded weapons cheat to even be able to really harm the bugs

-the maps were huge and had great variety of vehicles (area 51 even had the room for the staged moon landing)

-the concept of the game is great and deserves another shot... (Buck Bumble too btw)..

-made it all the way to Siberia...

My friend beat it recently. Might give it a go on the deck or my neo. 

I think a new one could be epic.

10 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

What else are they supposed to do? Allow people with new ideas a chance?! Ridiculous!

I wonder if most of these ideas were conceived during the height of the pandemic (pre-vaccine) when companies were deciding on what would be the easiest release with the highest yield. 

It’s also worth considering that the people doing these remakes/remasters probably aren’t the people who would otherwise be making GTA6 or whatever. From what I can tell, Rockstar Dundee (formerly Ruffian Games) is a small studio that hasn’t really done much since Crackdown 2. Maybe after a decade of failed/cancelled projects and support jobs for other studios, they’re excited to work on something that will actually come out and make a bunch of money. 

18 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Why not? If they put out L.A. Noire on Switch…

True, but that’s it for Switch. Rockstar isn’t really known for their Nintendo support, haha. Especially GTA. Though that series has a long history on Nintendo’s handhelds, it’s never been on their consoles...for one reason or another. 

This will be the first time any of the “mainline” GTA games have been on a Nintendo home console. 

Assuming, of course, you consider the Switch a home console (I don’t!). 

Still, pretty close. If this ends up being true, I may buy (and then likely never play) the trilogy on Switch. Just owning it for nothing but the sheer novelty of it, LOL. :p 

6 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

True, but that’s it for Switch. Rockstar isn’t really known for their Nintendo support, haha. Especially GTA. Though that series has a long history on Nintendo’s handhelds, it’s never been on their consoles...for one reason or another.

Chinatown Wars was nothing to you? :talkhand:

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@GameDadGrant will soon play the GTA series (from 3 on) for the first time ever!

Very exciting!

OBJECTION!

I’ve played some GTA before.

GTA (original): Playstation 

GTA 2: Dreamcast

GTA 3: Playstation 2

GTA VC: PC

GTA LCS: PSP

GTA: GBA

GTA CW: DS

And I feel I played some England/London-based GTA way back on PSOne as well. But can’t remember if that’s an actual GTA game or one that just seemed like a GTA game? I dunno.

I don’t think I finished any of those games, lol. Got bored. But I feel I gave that series an honest try...!

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

SA is closest to the previous best one, GTA 2 because the gang stuff.

GTA2 was tons of fun back in the day for mostly just goofing around. Stealing the tank from the army base was always a joy (too bad Rockets could easily destroy it). The Gang stuff though I will admit were fun in terms of the variety of missions. And it was even possible to do all missions from every gang if you simply killed enough of your "friends."

I always did hate it though when I believe it was the Mafia when they would fire on you with shotguns. Two hits on your car, and it explodes...which I believe was the same in GTA3 after the Don was killed.

SA though I just felt it threw everything into the game, and hoped it would all stick. Granted, it has been years since I last played SA, so maybe my thoughts are different now, but I always preferred Vice City over San Andreas. VC was also that era of stunt videos with your car, or motorcycle (even made one myself back in the day).

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Turning Hare Krishnas into hot dogs was always the highlight for me. :p

Ah yes. A Classic. Picking up random citizens in a stolen Metro Bus only to drive them to their eventual death. All courtesy of the Russian Mafia.

EDIT: Also, we can't forget the rather excellent Theme of GTA2:

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...