Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Is the screen still plastic?

It's apparently glass this time around.

d8FNWtJYjjenzTCbpouhP8-1200-80.jpg
WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

Looks aren't everything, the old saying goes, but when the Nintendo Switch OLED is this good-looking it's hard to deny that looks are definitely important. As the name...

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

You take out 8 screws, pop the back panel, and remove 3 more screws. It’s pretty easy 

You remove 4 screws, pop the joycon open, take the battery out and the mid section, disconnect some ribbon cables and swap it.

The joycon is probably longer out of the two, but neither is what I would consider hard.

I was out with the wife yesterday when we saw one in stock at BB. I had 150$ in Visa Gift Cards from my birthday and plopped down the balance. Picked up Metroid Dread, which im saving for my downtime at work, as I leave on the 15th for 2 months. My OG switch is niw my work switch, the OLED will stay home.

The screen is incredible, ill give it that. Colors are bright, blacks are deep, it looks good.

Games still run like shit on it though. Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I was out with the wife yesterday when we saw one in stock at BB. I had 150$ in Visa Gift Cards from my birthday and plopped down the balance. Picked up Metroid Dread, which im saving for my downtime at work, as I leave on the 15th for 2 months. My OG switch is niw my work switch, the OLED will stay home.

The screen is incredible, ill give it that. Colors are bright, blacks are deep, it looks good.

Did you get a screen protector for it? Trying to decide if I should. 

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

:hmm:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 6:43 PM, Paperclyp said:

I was able to snag an OLED today (to pick up a week from now) at best buy. 

On 10/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, Amazatron said:

Welp, my dumbass stopped by Target in the morning and somehow they one white one available.

impressions?

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

impressions?

Pretty much echo everything you’ve heard. Screen is noticeably better, especially with games that use a lot of black. The entire unit feels sturdier. The dock is a lot nicer. It’s great having a fresh set of joy cons. I really like the damn thing.  

Otherwise it’s the same, outdated hardware and laggy OS! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

impressions?

Screen is absolutely beautiful, and the larger size isn't much but is noticeable. I love the white color of the Joycons. I'm strictly a handheld Switch gamer, so with the Gamestop trade-in of the previous Switch, the upgrade is worth it to me. But still, same laggy shit is annoying, but at least the frames look crisper while dropping.

44 minutes ago, stepee said:

listen right here you mother fucker, how did you manage to score this???? Since I got ran over by the truck I’ve been regretting not preordering one and have been looking online lol.

Local Target said they had limited stock online. Went up there and the guy was nice enough to go get them off the truck. They only had 3. Thank goodness they had the white joy-cons because I wasn’t going to buy the red & blue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Local Target said they had limited stock online. Went up there and the guy was nice enough to go get them off the truck. They only had 3. Thank goodness they had the white joy-cons because I wasn’t going to buy the red & blue. 

Nice get. Post impressions later! Jealous man, yeah the white joy-cons are KEY to the look of it.

30 minutes ago, Biggie said:

And so did you check first online and then ran down there is that right? Like you can’t have them hold it.

35 minutes ago, stepee said:

And so did you check first online and then ran down there is that right? Like you can’t have them hold it.

There is limited stock at a nearby Target for the white. :thinking:

I feel like I would be cheating on the Deck by buying it especially since I rarely use the Switch. 

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

There is limited stock at a nearby Target for the white. :thinking:

I feel like I would be cheating on the Deck by buying it especially since I rarely use the Switch. 

I thought of that too, then I got ran over by a truck and figured fuck it I can have both lol. I’ll just sell my old phone I never use (i just use the backbone with my real phone now since I got an easy slip off case). I need to check Target.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

I thought of that too, then I got ran over by a truck and figured fuck it I can have both lol. I’ll just sell my old phone I never use (i just use the backbone with my real phone now since I got an easy slip off case). I need to check Target.

I used Brickseeker to search the local

area

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Yeah they won’t hold it for you. Well, atleast my local Targets say they won’t. Don’t know about where you live.  

• Sad 1

I tried that brickseeker site and it showed two targets having them in stock but it wasn’t correct for either after I called them. Both seemed to be a glitch of the website causing it to pop up.

o well I’ll keep trying since i decided I want it like a total cuck, @Biggie you lucky dog can’t wait to hear impressions

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I tried that brickseeker site and it showed two targets having them in stock but it wasn’t correct for either after I called them. Both seemed to be a glitch of the website causing it to pop up.

o well I’ll keep trying since i decided I want it like a total cuck, @Biggie you lucky dog can’t wait to hear impressions

That’s a bummer. I have yet to make the trek over. I guess I should call first