Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

24 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

@stepee, mission accomplished! One white OLED switch purchased sir. let's move this chat to PM and we can workout payment and shipping details. :sun:

HOLY FUCK AHHHH 

I was just playing Dusk last night and again thinking man this game would look so much better on the oled with its stark black, red, and oranges.

Thank you mr Soprano!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

HOLY FUCK AHHHH 

I was just playing Dusk last night and again thinking man this game would look so much better on the oled with its stark black, red, and oranges.

Thank you mr Soprano!!

Can't wait for you to play on it!

• Like 1

Luckily I have a 400gb micro ss card just waiting for it as well! My internet is a lot better than when I got my switch lite so hopefully it doesn’t take an entire week to download everything like it did back then.

Fucking Nintendo, I went from talking shit about this to being over the moon in excitement for it now. I need to remember I always desperately want whatever little bits they will feed me.

Also tbf I have sometimes missed the larger switch and having the ability to at least sometimes check out games on the big screen, so it’s going to be a little more since I’m going from the lite. Oh and might check out Ringfit Adventure now. Might be fun to try as I begin to walk and stuff lol.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Luckily I have a 400gb micro ss card just waiting for it as well! My internet is a lot better than when I got my switch lite so hopefully it doesn’t take an entire week to download everything like it did back then.

Fucking Nintendo, I went from talking shit about this to being over the moon in excitement for it now. I need to remember I always desperately want whatever little bits they will feed me.

Also tbf I have sometimes missed the larger switch and having the ability to at least sometimes check out games on the big screen, so it’s going to be a little more since I’m going from the lite. Oh and might check out Ringfit Adventure now. Might be fun to try as I begin to walk and stuff lol.

It took mine all fucking night to re-download my games and I know you have a hell of a lot more games than me. Even hardwired the Switch is slow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It took mine all fucking night to re-download my games and I know you have a hell of a lot more games than me. Even hardwired the Switch is slow.

lol damn so it’s just the network is still so slow. Yeah I’ll be filling up an entire 400gb card since my entire library is about 1tb, but at least it does have an ethernet jack now in the dock so that should help. 

25 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

For the record I'm a project manager now! And yes, I do handle construction management, but that means I handle their contracts and risk mitigation. That said, yes, I'm in the mob... :sun:

It is cute when you guys try to be legitimate with your titles. All I know is you can’t spell project manager without Capo. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

lol damn so it’s just the network is still so slow. Yeah I’ll be filling up an entire 400gb card since my entire library is about 1tb, but at least it does have an ethernet jack now in the dock so that should help. 

and I'm positive your internet is a lot better too lol.  I'm super excited for you!  Get Vic to overnight that thing!

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

and I'm positive your internet is a lot better too lol.  I'm super excited for you!  Get Vic to overnight that thing!

It looks like it’ll be out tomorrow so I should get it in a few days! I’m trying to think if there is any pre-prep to do, I guess not, all my saves are in the cloud.

Oh right, forgot about the bigger battery life too coming from a lite, probably won’t have to recharge during long sessions now.

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

It looks like it’ll be out tomorrow so I should get it in a few days! I’m trying to think if there is any pre-prep to do, I guess not, all my saves are in the cloud.

Oh right, forgot about the bigger battery life too coming from a lite, probably won’t have to recharge during long sessions now.

speakers are much better too!

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Nah I don't have it. Animal Crossing looks fantastic on it though.

Oh that’s right, that’s what I see you playing every day lol. I’m about to get back in with the dlc so that’s good though. Also Vic got it out today so I should get it by Friday!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I sold my OG Switch there last week for $200 cash. 😎

Now that I’m thinking about it, I sold my og switch last year for like $400 cuz covid and since I preferred lite to it lol. So it’s not like I’m buying it again really, since i got money for the first one back.

I love justifying purchases so much!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'd gladly trade in all my consoles for an Xbox Series X at gamestop. $200-260 is a phenomenal trade-in value.

It sucks you can’t do something reasonable like sell everything and at least get in a queue for one of the next shipments to get one. It’s going to impossible to ever sell the items and get a ps5/xsx at the same time.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

It sucks you can’t do something reasonable like sell everything and at least get in a queue for one of the next shipments to get one. It’s going to impossible to ever sell the items and get a ps5/xsx at the same time.

They'd probably force a bundle on you anyhow.

Helps to have other platforms that you don't sell as your mainstays.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

Well I'll wait until 2024 if I have too. Maybe when the pro versions come out it will be easier to snag the originals. It's not even "next gen" yet imo. We are still very, very early in this new gen. 

• True 1