Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

4 hours ago, rc0101 said:

I’m on the hunt for a couple of these or at least one for my son for Christmas. Thought I had one from Best Buy the other night but couldn’t get the checkout to go through. 

I basically checked the Target app every morning for the white OLED and when it says limited availability, head on over. When I got there the app said it was sold out but there was one in the display case. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I basically checked the Target app every morning for the white OLED and when it says limited availability, head on over. When I got there the app said it was sold out but there was one in the display case. 

Yupp. Same thing for me. Checked every morning. Last Tuesday it says limited availability. I’m like yeah riiiighhht. Go over. Guy checks in the back. Boom. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Nice I’ll try this thanks. 

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

OLED screen is great. The Deck not having one is gonna be a bummer. 

Yeah, I thought about this lol. This is why we can never win, I’m going to be always wishing I could have the specs of one in the form of the other. I guess I’ll probably get some light third party stuff on switch still if performance is the same.

Valve should have had an oled one for like $100 more or whatever instead of the anti glare one.

Does anyone here know what the "unpatched" first versions of the Switch consoles are? I was thinking about trading mine in and upgrading to this OLED model. But someone mentioned that early version Switch's are unpatched, and I checked mine through someonline program and it is. But I don't know what that really means, and I have no clue if its worth getting rid of for an OLED model.

Anyone have any opinions? Thanks

14 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Does anyone here know what the "unpatched" first versions of the Switch consoles are? I was thinking about trading mine in and upgrading to this OLED model. But someone mentioned that early version Switch's are unpatched, and I checked mine through someonline program and it is. But I don't know what that really means, and I have no clue if its worth getting rid of for an OLED model.

I'm guessing it refers to the Switches with the original firmware that made it easy to hack.

14 minutes ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Its basically "Jailbreaking" your switch.

You can run software not typically available on the switch such as Retroarch (emulators)

You can run mods, install new themes, you can run games from different regions and in some cases even english translations for JP games.

You can outright be a pirate if you want to be.

https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchserials/

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Yeah, I thought about this lol. This is why we can never win, I’m going to be always wishing I could have the specs of one in the form of the other. I guess I’ll probably get some light third party stuff on switch still if performance is the same.

Valve should have had an oled one for like $100 more or whatever instead of the anti glare one.

Hopefully it is a quality LCD panel. The OG Switch panel isn’t great so going to the new OLED is really dramatic. 

It will be interesting to see which handheld I will favor. I am sure it will be like you said though where I want to take the best parts of both and make a new handheld.  

White looks great. I kind of wish the back body was white as well. 

16 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Hopefully it is a quality LCD panel. The OG Switch panel isn’t great so going to the new OLED is really dramatic. 

It will be interesting to see which handheld I will favor. I am sure it will be like you said though where I want to take the best parts of both and make a new handheld.  

White looks great. I kind of wish the back body was white as well. 

Yeah, I’m hoping it’s more of a monitor grade lcd or something if that exists in that size at least, do they do portable QLED? I guess it’s not that or it would say it was quantum or whatever.

hmm the shipment now says it’s out for delivery and expected to arrive on 11/4 which coincidentally is the same date as today!

Edit: So, what’s the best thing to do if you plan to still use your other switch sometimes? I want both my lite and the oled working with my digital collection and saves and stuff.

The standard transfer sounds like it moves all the save data and everything over to the oled, then do you start the lite up again and link to your Nintendo account and restore saves to it from the cloud or what?

I see the annoying animal crossing thing so I get how that works but I don’t quite see why I can’t just add my account to the oled then and just download my saves and games.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

hmm the shipment now says it’s out for delivery and expected to arrive on 11/4 which coincidentally is the same date as today!

Edit: So, what’s the best thing to do if you plan to still use your other switch sometimes? I want both my lite and the oled working with my digital collection and saves and stuff.

The standard transfer sounds like it moves all the save data and everything over to the oled, then do you start the lite up again and link to your Nintendo account and restore saves to it from the cloud or what?

I see the annoying animal crossing thing so I get how that works but I don’t quite see why I can’t just add my account to the oled then and just download my saves and games.

During the transfer process it asked me if I plan on using both switches, I said no since I am giving it to someone. Not sure what happens if you say yes. 

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Dude, it’s fucking 5:23pm and still nothing. :(  It still says out to delivery and it has said “by 8pm” all day but come the fuck on! For reals, it gets me all anxious when I’m expecting a package and it gets past 5pm lol.

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Dude, it’s fucking 5:23pm and still nothing. :(  It still says out to delivery and it has said “by 8pm” all day but come the fuck on! For reals, it gets me all anxious when I’m expecting a package and it gets past 5pm lol.

I am lounging in some sweats, drinking a nice beer, watching football on tv and playing Dread on the OLED. #greatevening