Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

ok, NOW I want one!

Its just weird since they are playing up the “you can use it in all these different scenarios” angle, but it’s showing how that pans out for a rich celebrity which is kinda like who is this ad even for.

On the plus side, got my 1tb micro sd in today! Now I can really go to town checking out different stuff on the oled, I didn’t want to download too much until I had my permanent micro sd card in.

On the down side, how in the world is downloading still so slow when using ethernet? My goodness it’s like 20 minutes for Animal Crossing still.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

On the plus side, got my 1tb micro sd in today! Now I can really go to town checking out different stuff on the oled, I didn’t want to download too much until I had my permanent micro sd card in.

On the down side, how in the world is downloading still so slow when using ethernet? My goodness it’s like 20 minutes for Animal Crossing still.

I told ya. Even hardwired it’s slow as shit. 

• True 1

On 11/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, stepee said:

The download is still going, hoping to finish later tomorrow!

• Haha 1

Downloading my last game I’m going to put on it for now! So about 72 hours, glad to finally stop draining the battery with that whenever it’s not docked. 

250+ games all loaded up, but I’ll get rid of some stuff I don’t need so i don’t have to clean the fridge all the time. It just seemed easier for me to just load everything on the 1tb and then work from there.

42 minutes ago, stepee said:

Downloading my last game I’m going to put on it for now! So about 72 hours, glad to finally stop draining the battery with that whenever it’s not docked. 

250+ games all loaded up, but I’ll get rid of some stuff I don’t need so i don’t have to clean the fridge all the time. It just seemed easier for me to just load everything on the 1tb and then work from there.

You have 250 switch games!?

55 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He literally buys every game, surprised it's not more. :p

Not true, you won’t catch me buying a strategy game unless it’s Mario or that tom clancy one on 3DS again!

And yeah @best3444 I have quite a switch digital collection. It’s a mix of stuff though. Like 10 of it is from this dev that was doing a $1 game a day Christmas thing and they are like just these alright little games. Some of the stuff is cheaper retro stuff like Neogeo games. Some of it is trash $2-$3 on sale stuff I figured I’d try because who cares. I started getting less of those because it became more about do I even want to see the icon. And of course also a lot of really good shit!

It’s like 265 total, not counting the switch online console collections, and things like Genesis collection or namco collection are counted as one game.

• Haha 1

Man, you guys even got me wanting one! That's saying something...lol My original switch is just sitting back behind my tv docked where it's been for about a month untouched except to buy and download metro dread. Before that, it's not been touched gor EVER! It's a really cool system, but it's just never really grabbed me. I think after losing my cartridge collection in the camp fire I just lost interest. I did have the console in the truck and had to find a used dock again, but I just cant rebuy all the lost ones.

You guys do make us want one though...lol I'm wrapped up in some expencive projects right now and boy I just wish I had a new ps5 and series x for the 83" oled coming on the 27th! That and the new sound system I'm so blessed, and in debt fir awhile. I love new tech. I just cant put in the time to track down a ps5, I'm just not wired like that.

Enjoy that screen boy and girls, I'm happy for you all!

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

Do you guys think $350 is too much for this? I personally think that it should have retailed at $199. But, Nintendo can sell poop for $500 and people will line up and buy it. :/

As a standalone product, no. As an upgrade from the previous Switch, yes, unless you can sell back your old one for at least $200.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Do you guys think $350 is too much for this? I personally think that it should have retailed at $199. But, Nintendo can sell poop for $500 and people will line up and buy it. :/

I think it should have sold for $300 and replaced the current Switch version. Upgrading from the launch Switch has been worth it. Better battery and OLED screen is quite nice. Of course it helps that you can trade your switch in or sell it for more than half the cost. 

50 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I think it should have sold for $300 and replaced the current Switch version. Upgrading from the launch Switch has been worth it. Better battery and OLED screen is quite nice. Of course it helps that you can trade your switch in or sell it for more than half the cost. 

I'd do a trade in if you could actually do it on the spot. I don't want to have to trade in my Switch and then wait for GameStop to have an OLED available and I likewise don't want to just sell it myself and then grab the OLED from wherever since each leaves me without a Switch for an indefinite amount of time. 

On 10/28/2021 at 1:30 AM, vaxick said:

Set up my Switch OLED tonight and all I have to say is wow, what a difference that screen makes.  It's not just the fact it has an OLED panel, the fact Nintendo finally got rid of that air gap between the screen makes a difference as well.  Also impressed by the build quality, it's the most premium feeling product Nintendo has ever made and so far these Joycons don't sound like they're shaking themselves apart when they vibrate unlike my launch ones.  Glad I made the decision to sell my launch unit and upgrade to this.

Late reply but I wanted to echo this.  Switch OLED feels like the "real" switch in every way. I hate to say it but the regular switch feels like a toy. 

• True 1