Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I found one on Amazon. I ordered it on instinct. Doesn't get here until after Christmas but I am debating if I should just cancel it.

All I can say is if you are a portable gamer then keep it and sell the old switch. It’s worth that upgrade price if you sell the original easily. I’m so happy I got mine, I appreciate it a lot more than I thought it would. Especially if you have a gen1 switch and then you get the huge battery boost too.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

All I can say is if you are a portable gamer then keep it and sell the old switch. It’s worth that upgrade price if you sell the original easily. I’m so happy I got mine, I appreciate it a lot more than I thought it would. Especially if you have a gen1 switch and then you get the huge battery boost too.

If you play a ton of handheld, then there is good chance your OG Switch is creaking. The OLED casing feels way better than the OG. And there is zero chance a Pro is coming before BotW 2. If you play in handheld mode, it’s worth the upgrade. 

Though while the OLED feels better, I still have joy con issues. The right joy con has a noisy spring in the joystick and bumper. It’s ridiculous that Nintendo can’t improve the quality control on the joy cons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

If you play a ton of handheld, then there is good chance your OG Switch is creaking. The OLED casing feels way better than the OG. And there is zero chance a Pro is coming before BotW 2. If you play in handheld mode, it’s worth the upgrade. 

Though while the OLED feels better, I still have joy con issues. The right joy con has a noisy spring in the joystick and bumper. It’s ridiculous that Nintendo can’t improve the quality control on the joy cons. 

Yeah it’s true the casing is so much better as well, just the feel of the unit is a huge improvement. I haven’t noticed anything with the joycons yet but I’m sure I will. I’ve had like 5 sets drift (thankfully the lite hasn’t though!). They really improved how tight the joycons feel in the unit here though, they really snap in there now.

Edit: Oh yeah and the sound being louder is quite nice!