Nintendo Switch (OLED Model) announced, launching October 8th (MSRP $349.99), update: reviews are being released

Pikachu

I have so many good switch games including ones I still need to get to, getting a fresh switch and going into the shop is like a free candy store. I’m going to hold off on downloading everything because I’m getting a 1tb micro sd on Monday, I figure if I actually double my storage space that makes it all more fresh.

• True 1

21 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It is. I am babying this thing until the screen protector arrives tomorrow. 

What screen protector did you get? Keep forgetting it’s glass now.

Though I guess I never use one on my phone actually, is there a reason why I see everyone recommending it here?

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Though I guess I never use one on my phone actually, is there a reason why I see everyone recommending it here?

I’ve never used one. Don’t like them. I’m just real careful with my stuff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

There is a plastic film over the glass that can be scratched. The film is there to prevent the glass from shattering. I got the AmFilm protector. 

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

There is a plastic film over the glass that can be scratched. The film is there to prevent the glass from shattering. I got the AmFilm protector. 

man something about this guys voice makes just want to start clawing at the walls

• Haha 1

Just now, Rachel said:

oh we posted at the same time IGNORE MY LAST POST

daaaaaw thank you

that will come in handy for when I throw it out of planes for fun

GameStop is paying $260 for a used one so you can always trade the busted one you threw out of a plane for a new one. #winning

Just now, stepee said:

man something about this guys voice makes just want to start clawing at the walls

I didn’t watch. There is an article about the plastic. I guess if the plastic gets scratched you could peel it off. Since I only use the Switch in handheld, I put a screen protector for peace of mind. 

Ah ok, I’ll have to look into it. Seems like if you could just replace the plastic film if you were to scratch it, that would be ideal for me. 

Going from the lite to this screen is just bonkers, the motion tracking is so much better which actually does sharpen the visual quality in a way you don’t think of the same as resolution. Of course shit like XB2 that won’t matter, but there’s lots of great looking stuff to enjoy on this oled. Pokémon Snap and Crusin Blast are crazzy nice looking. Ori 2 is quite stunning on here now as well. 

Man, Nintendo better patch the ability to have a black border on all the nintendo online emulators. I didn’t care about that before but now that they have a system that can eliminate the look of having a border and save battery life as well, come on. It’s kind of infuriating playing them on it because you have this great big beautiful screen and it would be perfect if they would just allow such a simple thing.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:00 PM, Mr.Vic20 said:

For the record I'm a project manager now! And yes, I do handle construction management, but that means I handle their contracts and risk mitigation. That said, yes, I'm in the mob... :sun:

I'm gonna see your username now and gangsta rap songs are gonna start playing in my head.

All these posts make me want to get the OLED but I don't leave my house.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I don't necessarily hate it just not the biggest fan. I love new technology though so the new screen has my interest. I'd love to at least check it out.

Youd be impressed with this screen and like it a lot, but if you don’t play handheld you don’t play handheld, I don’t think it would change it.

We just need to find ya a current gen system brotha.

Oh and back to the black borders thing, Sega Genesis collection let’s you do it and that looks great now, like it’s a handheld that has a screen that is the right aspect with large bezels. Street Fighter 30th Collection also lets you use black bars and looks REALLY good here.

This will be such a great system for old games with the large screen and oled for perfect black borders, Nintendo just has to spend like 15 minutes to fix it for their shit.

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m glad my boys @stepee and @ManUtdRedDevils  both got the OLED. 

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Hell yeah, team oled switch represent. Once you got yours it really did put a fire in us to make sure to get it, we needed someone to break first! 

Im glad I wasn’t stubborn and continued to talk myself out of it just because it wasn’t exactly what I wanted, the improvement for handheld is pretty damn massive. Especially if you are going from an og switch or lite and getting that battery bump too. 

BUT imagine how amazing it would be if it was this screen and build quality AND a pro, man I hope Nintendo keeps oled now.

• True 1

16 hours ago, vaxick said:

My OLED Switch fits in my old case, but with a TPU case on the Switch, it's too large to store it in there.

TPU seems excessive. You drop it that much or is it one of those cases with built in grips?

Going from the OG battery life to the OLED battery life is extremely noticeable. It is nice not having to charge it every night after using it. 

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

TPU seems excessive. You drop it that much or is it one of those cases with built in grips?

Going from the OG battery life to the OLED battery life is extremely noticeable. It is nice not having to charge it every night after using it. 

Has the grips built into it.  Just feels nicer to play that way since I mostly use it in handheld mode.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Luigi’s Mansion 3 looks really good on the OLED. 

Yeahhh, that’s a good one. There is this arcade pac-man/snake combination game called Pix the Cat that’s on sale for $2 that looks really cool on the oled. I think it’s a fun game too. But I always thought it looked nice on vita and now it’s just so much more so with the brightness.