The Olympics are gonna be stupid

34 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah well Odysseus’s wife has > 100 suitors while Odysseus is out of town, making him one of history’s greatest cucks. 

Yeah but Odysseus was probably busy going to pound town on boys, which you know was the TRUE love back then or something. 

27 minutes ago, 69los said:

A feel good story at least. With all the conservative outrage at Simone, your new women's all-around champion is...

Reveal hidden contents

They'd be totally fine with that because East Asians are an "acceptable"/"preferred" minority for American conservatives.

17 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Alright, Dan, you've earned yourself one "pass" from me.

Yeah, as part of that rarified political prospective around these parts put me in that camp.

From the moment I found out why she pulled out my opinion hasn't changed:  She is a champion who doesn't have to answer to anybody but herself.  She has nothing left to prove.  Furthermore, if I am not in the right frame of mind at work I get a papercut.  If SHE isn't she could die.

Makes no difference whether the crisis of confidence was yesterday or two weeks ago.  When it happens...heed it. 

That said, I would felt the same even if it wasn't Simone. 

4 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Furthermore, if I am not in the right frame of mind at work I get a papercut.  If SHE isn't she could die.

BINGO!

Her particular sport -- more so than most others -- ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES that an athlete be in the right psychological state to perform otherwise a mistake could result in serious physical injury.  

Perform a vault if your head ain't in the game?  To hell with that!

She also has literally zero to prove on the field of competition. Nobody is in her league, she’s accomplished everything you could hope for in an athletic career.

Time to move on to whatever the rest of her life will be. I kinda hope she finds a place as a leader in USA Gymnastics as they continue to pivot away from the abusive culture of the Karolyi regime.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

BINGO!

Her particular sport -- more so than most others -- ABSOLUTELY REQUIRES that an athlete be in the right psychological state to perform otherwise a mistake could result in serious physical injury.  

Perform a vault if your head ain't in the game?  To hell with that!

But to be clear, if anyone goes and quits at bowling you can go f*** yourself.

;)

EDIT:  See, Wade gets it was a joke.  However, I absolutely expect someone to roll in with, "You try and deal with a 7-10 split and keep your sanity, moron!"

IF so, I am sorry as one person's genial past time might be another person's manifesto writing worthy reason for living and I don't want to unpack that baggage anywhere near where I live. 

...and for the record I live in an undisclosed location somewhere in the Northeast.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

She also has literally zero to prove on the field of competition. Nobody is in her league, she’s accomplished everything you could hope for in an athletic career.

Time to move on to whatever the rest of her life will be. I kinda hope she finds a place as a leader in USA Gymnastics as they continue to pivot away from the abusive culture of the Karolyi regime.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Or, even better, half the field with double the players. 

And no offsides :]

On 7/2/2021 at 9:31 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And there was great rejoicing within Team Jamaica.

Called it! :p

"Elaine Thompson-Herah leads Jamaica with 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics"

8fb2a26f-c6ee-4639-84a3-c1199fa3246c-USP
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Jamaica's Elaine Thompson-Herah won consecutive Olympics golds in the women’s 100 meters, leading a Jamaican sweep of the medals in Tokyo.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Seems like this would be a fun dunk since he withdrew from a doubles competition after which left no room for a possibility for his country to compete for that one, but it doesn’t look like he ever said that to/about Biles. It looks like it was just a response about being questioned about his own pressure in trying to achieve the golden slam.

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

Seems like this would be a fun dunk since he withdrew from a doubles competition after which left no room for a possibility for his country to compete for that one, but it doesn’t look like he ever said that to/about Biles. It looks like it was just a response about being questioned about his own pressure in trying to achieve the golden slam.

But the steely-eyed Serbian seems to thrive under pressure.

"Pressure is a privilege," Djokovic said when asked about the attention on him after reaching the singles quarter-finals and also winning a mixed doubles match on Wednesday.

"Without pressure there is no professional sport. If you are aiming to be at the top of the game you better start learning how to deal with pressure. And how to cope with those moments on the court but also off the court, all the expectations."

I think you are correct