The Olympics are gonna be stupid

14 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Also I think jagger eaton got robbed on best trick, but whatever. Yuto Horigome is probably the best skater alive right now and the olympics are in his backyard, it feels right he gets a gold.

the judging in skate was really bad. a bunch of dudes were getting underscored. 

20 minutes ago, johnny said:

the judging in skate was really bad. a bunch of dudes were getting underscored. 

Jagger's trick did a 270- flip in, yuto just did a 270 grind to regular. Doing really spinny tricks on handrails is kind of the thing in skating right now, and I'm like jagger eaton's trick was objectively harder and looked just as good. If everyone is doing spinny rail tricks, pick the one that was the hardest to do.

I kind of like how the X games is doing scoring now, where they'll just rank everyone at the end, there isn't pressure of doing a live scoring

Also I think I saw nyjah do a tre flip-back 50 in a street run, that was arguably harder than what he was trying for best trick even if it doesn't look as flashy. And if a pro like that throws it on a street run, he can probably land that trick 9 times out of 10, otherwise it wouldn't be in his run.

Women's soccer advances to the knockout stage.

ellie-carpenter-megan-rapinoe-2021-olymp
WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

The U.S. women's national team clinched second place in Group G with a scoreless tie against No. 9-ranked Australia to advance to the quarterfinals and a Friday matchup against either the Netherlands or Brazil.

58 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Well this fucking sucks

she very well could have a physical injury but i think the bigger issue for her is her mental health right now. ive been following this and Biles made a lot of mistakes in the olympic trials, the last event before the olympics. she struggled again in qualifications the other day. she seemed in her head (the media had to have played a role here). keep in mind i don’t think biles has lost an all around event since like 2013 or something absolutely stupid, so she’s definitely not used to struggling like she has. the media says shit like “simone biles is absolutely winning. the question is by how much” and put even more pressure on her. if she has a physical injury her mental health/anxiety may have played a role in it. 

i know a lot of people won’t be kind to her on the internet but she is just a human being. 

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Women's soccer advances to the knockout stage.

ellie-carpenter-megan-rapinoe-2021-olymp
WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

The U.S. women's national team clinched second place in Group G with a scoreless tie against No. 9-ranked Australia to advance to the quarterfinals and a Friday matchup against either the Netherlands or Brazil.

Yeah, I woke up to watch this and it was fucking awful. I swear half the game was either the US playing hoof ball or the Aussie back 4 imitating that Simpsons gif.

It was basically a mutually beneficial, agreed-upon draw.

50 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don’t understand how water polo is physically possible.

Water polo is a VERY strenuous, physically demanding sport as you're essentially treading water and sprinting around the pool for an extended period of time (as well as the ball passing aspects of it).

It's also very much a contact sport as the players are kicking the hell out of each other underwater.

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In any sport that is likely to end up in a draw (especially soccer), there should be one of two methods of determining the winner:

• Preferably, keep playing until someone scores

You mean keep playing until someone dies? :p

Your second one is goodish but shootouts are shitty.

How about both teams start in the middle and the first team that can make it into the last quarter of the field with possession wins?

38 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In any sport that is likely to end up in a draw (especially soccer), there should be one of two methods of determining the winner:

• Have shootouts before the game, so both teams know who will win in a draw

Today's game could have possibly been avoided if the women had 4 groups like the men instead of 3, thus eliminating the 2 third place wild card berths.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

she very well could have a physical injury but i think the bigger issue for her is her mental health right now. ive been following this and Biles made a lot of mistakes in the olympic trials, the last event before the olympics. she struggled again in qualifications the other day. she seemed in her head (the media had to have played a role here). keep in mind i don’t think biles has lost an all around event since like 2013 or something absolutely stupid, so she’s definitely not used to struggling like she has. the media says shit like “simone biles is absolutely winning. the question is by how much” and put even more pressure on her. if she has a physical injury her mental health/anxiety may have played a role in it. 

i know a lot of people won’t be kind to her on the internet but she is just a human being. 

She admits that it's her psychological state:

4057.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Simone Biles was forced to withdraw from the women’s team final, citing mental health concerns after struggling on her opening vault

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

She admits that it's her psychological state:

4057.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Simone Biles was forced to withdraw from the women’s team final, citing mental health concerns after struggling on her opening vault

11 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

• Have shootouts before the game, so both teams know who will win in a draw

The current set up is fine. League play and group stages earn 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, and 0 for a lose. Back in the day it was 2 points for a win. That followed by extra time and penalties is good enough for a game where we need to determine who advances. 

Also we need it so smaller countries like Greece can draw their way to win the Euros or something.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Kirk is a delta male tbqh. I won't talk TOO much about dumb conservative talking heads since most people don't know who he is versus Simone Biles, but I thought this was interesting:

Okay, back to the games! Y'all see our first American woman to win a gold in taekwondo?!