The Olympics are gonna be stupid

I would cancel them myself. I feel bad for the athletes who probably did everything they could to be Covid free, only to get it and miss out on the games they worked years for. I’m surprised more sponsors don’t speak up like Toyota did by dropping their official Olympic logo from ads they paid through the nose for. 

"Guinea pulls out of Tokyo Olympics, citing coronavirus"

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) — The African country of Guinea has pulled out of this year’s Olympics, keeping five athletes from competing at the Tokyo Games. Minister of Sports Sanoussy Bantama Sow made the announcement in a letter...

0e6aa5f1f1d029e81822de018cfa5921.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

TOKYO—With hours to go before the start of an Olympics already fraught with controversy, organizers of the Tokyo Games announced Thursday they had fired their lead choreographer for the opening ceremonies, Bashar al-Assad, after learning about the Syrian president’s past use of chemical weapons. “It’s has recently…

• Haha 6

9a88b360-edac-11eb-bbff-2922773c3341
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

In its bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics, Japan claimed "this period provides an ideal climate for athletes to perform." It doesn't, and they lied.

The last time Tokyo hosted the Summer Games was 1964. It was held in October to avoid just these kinds of conditions. That made sense.

Well, Japan is 3.6 degrees warmer now on average, per government figures. The number of days hitting 95 or above have gone from an average of one per year to 12. In both 2018 and 2020, it reached a record 106, part of heat waves that saw hundreds pass away.

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
9a88b360-edac-11eb-bbff-2922773c3341
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

In its bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics, Japan claimed "this period provides an ideal climate for athletes to perform." It doesn't, and they lied.

I mean.. weather isn't secret knowledge, plenty of blame for so many!