If you could visit any area in a video game which would it be?

stepee

My initial thought was actually Mario 64 castle area just because of how magical it was when I first saw it, but actually na. It would just be some trees and grass, and the castle itself would be cool but I’d probably get bored of it pretty quickly. 

So actually I might go with Mass Effect 1 Citadel. I loved that area so much and kept wishing they would expand it instead of shrinking it (me3’d was a little better than 2’s but still nowhere close). And there would be a lot to do and experience and different types of aliens to meet. And in ME1 it’s all still fairly peaceful as far as someone just visiting would notice.

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Any place from RDR2. It would be beautiful and mostly peaceful if you stayed away from trouble. 

dude the game just takes place in America you could visit those areas right now essentially. Cmon, out of all the possibilities!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, stepee said:

My initial thought was actually Mario 64 castle area just because of how magical it was when I first saw it, but actually na. It would just be some trees and grass, and the castle itself would be cool but I’d probably get bored of it pretty quickly. 

So actually I might go with Mass Effect 1 Citadel. I loved that area so much and kept wishing they would expand it instead of shrinking it (me3’d was a little better than 2’s but still nowhere close). And there would be a lot to do and experience and different types of aliens to meet. And in ME1 it’s all still fairly peaceful as far as someone just visiting would notice.

You kind of can go to Mario 64 castle, and all of the levels in Steam VR. 

14 hours ago, stepee said:

dude the game just takes place in America you could visit those areas right now essentially. Cmon, out of all the possibilities!

I was just thinking about the best gaming worlds I've played in and RDR2 is the very best. I'd like to visit that region back during that time period. 

9 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

But seriously why would you want to visit the miserable shitheap that is the Elder Scrolls universe?

I thought that was a great answer. Oblivion and Skyrim had beautiful worlds to explore.

7 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I do wish DoA was a bit less sexualized though, because its fighting is great, but the aesthetic turns off as many as it draws in.

I feel the more recent games have dialed it down...Dead or Alive 5 went for a more "realistic" look so things aren't quite as, uh, "exaggerated." I haven't played Dead or Alive 6 yet so I'm not sure how that one panned out. 

15 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, women fighting in bikini's is a long way from hentai. 

I do wish DoA was a bit less sexualized though, because its fighting is great, but the aesthetic turns off as many as it draws in.

That's my major problem with DoA. It's easily my favorite 3D fighting engine, but I haven't bothered picking up a game in the series since Dimensions on the 3DS because of how ridiculous it's been.

DoA6 core is free on Steam, so I'll pick it up and see if it's gotten any better. That said, I do see that a lot of the DLC is just skimpy outfits and bikinis.

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

That's my major problem with DoA. It's easily my favorite 3D fighting engine, but I haven't bothered picking up a game in the series since Dimensions on the 3DS because of how ridiculous it's been.

DoA6 core is free on Steam, so I'll pick it up and see if it's gotten any better. That said, I do see that a lot of the DLC is just skimpy outfits and bikinis.

Yup. One of the few types of games my wife will play are rhythm games and fighting games. DoA is definitely not the game im gonna suggest, even though she would probably really enjoy the mechanics.

3 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Yup. One of the few types of games my wife will play are rhythm games and fighting games. DoA is definitely not the game im gonna suggest, even though she would probably really enjoy the mechanics.

Have her try it. Report back on her reception to it.

Just curious.