Games everyone forgot about

heydude93

12 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Thinking about old PS2-era JRPGs, I can't be the only one that likes Shadow Hearts, right? I really liked their battle engine. I think the devs that made them went under, though. They cranked out like three or four of those in a pretty short span of time. 

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

The first one was a little rough around the edges, but the second one was a classic. The third one might have been made by a different dev,I can't remember. It was alright.

(By the way I own all three and I'm going to be selling all of my games soon:sun:)

The games had lots of fans when they came out - the second game is held in particularly high regard. Three were made in all. The games feel like they've definitely been forgotten though, but they were quite good! All three were made by the same company, Sacnoth/Nautilus and indeed they went defunct in 2009.

A lot of Sacnoth/Nautilus guys then went to feel plus, which went defunct in 2010. Feel Plus, Artoon, and Cavia were all absorbed into AQ Interactive ultimately. AQ Interactive also went defunct in 2011, getting merged with Marvelous Entertainment to become Marvelous AQL. Not sure what their gaming division has been doing since then though, or if any Sacnoth/Nautilus guys made it through all those transfers. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dre801 said:

True Crime: Streets of LA.

Scarface

Both great games... I never finished Scarface though and still have my O.G. Xbox version. The True Crime sequel Streets of NY wasn't as good as the first one. Here are some others I'd say...

THE SABOTEUR

MERCENARIES

MERCENARIES 2

I still haven't beaten the second game.

BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI

TOBAL NO 1

60FPS on the OG Playstation :shock:

These threads are weird because a lot of people remember most of the games mentioned. Especially stuff like Syphon Filter and The Bouncer and The Getaway. There are still people itching for a continuation of Getaway by Sony London.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:58 PM, Remarkableriots said:

51PVHYUG9vL._SY445_.jpg

This was my fucking jam back in the day.

hqdefault.jpg

I remember buying it AFTER playing a demo at funcoland. My teenage self thought flying through hoops was a worthy $53 investment. I remember i couldn't get past the second "level" because I kept running inside of another room. It was clipping times 1 million. 

Complete trash of a videogame.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:26 AM, Ghost_MH said:

Thinking about old PS2-era JRPGs, I can't be the only one that likes Shadow Hearts, right? I really liked their battle engine. I think the devs that made them went under, though. They cranked out like three or four of those in a pretty short span of time. 

Pretty sure Lost Odyssey was a colab between Mistwalker and the developers of Shadow Hearts... We need more of those franchises.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, Hazer said:

Already saw someone mention Metal Arms: Glitch in the System, so I'll throw in Deathrow for the original Xbox. The style, teams, arenas, and (from what I remember) tight gameplay.

Me and a buddy played this game many nights.  If I remember right the difficulty really ramped up after about game 5 or 6 of the career and I don't think we ever made it past that.  But it was fun.

The fact that Golgo has gotten SO much love in such brief a time pleases me. Yes, those first person mazes were abhorrent but watching a walkthrough recently, it dawned on me ... was Golgo 13 actually the FIRST FPS as it predates even Wolfenstein 3D!?

Also, yes it should totally get remade into not only a new title across all platforms, but also a Netflix exclusive anime series!

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

The fact that Golgo has gotten SO much love in such brief a time pleases me. Yes, those first person mazes were abhorrent but watching a walkthrough recently, it dawned on me ... was Golgo 13 actually the FIRST FPS as it predates even Wolfenstein 3D!?

Also, yes it should totally get remade into not only a new title across all platforms, but also a Netflix exclusive anime series!

I believe that smiley face Atari game beats it by a couple of years. I can't be bothered to look it up right now. There were also a few maze games and first person RPGs. It might be the first FPS on a console and not a PC, but I also don't really feel like correcting myself there either. I'm feeling quite lazy today.

I'd be down for a remake. That said, the manga is still running. I'm pretty sure it's the longest running manga series ever. I'm shocked there hasn't been more interest in adapting it. There are decades of material to work with.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dre801 said:

Yeah, the mazes in Golgo messed me up.  I only got out by luck.  

I never played the sequel, don't know if it had them 

The sequel did still have them, but if I remember correctly, they replaced the helicopter scenes with car chases. I wasn't a fan as I actually liked the helicopter parts.

1 hour ago, heydude93 said:

Who could forget Seaman? I wish Sega would reboot this series as a mobile game.