GOP Ousts Cheney From Leadership Over Her Criticism Of Trump

gettyimages-1231647923-1-_wide-0a1d15c40
WWW.NPR.ORG

This is the second time the Wyoming Republican faced calls for her removal as the No. 3 Republican in the House. But this time, she did not have support from top Republicans.

House Republicans have removed Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming as conference chair in retaliation for her unyielding criticism of former President Donald Trump, his continued false claims of a stolen election, his role in the Jan. 6 riot and his future in the Republican Party.

"I will do everything I can to ensure that the former president never again gets anywhere near the Oval Office," Cheney told reporters after her ouster, which was done by a voice vote.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Voice vote lol

They had the votes, maybe, but they didn't want to attach names to votes because her support within the house is high enough to embarrass trump and gain the ire of his voters

Too bad she couldn't have requested a written vote. 

4 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I love how Cheney just accepted Trump's framing of the election as "The Big Lie," which is the same name Hitler used to claim that Jews blamed Germany for losing WW1. This was used as part of the propaganda to instigate the Holocaust. 

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2005-0828-525_Eric
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Unless by her saying "everything [she] can" involves 2A it won't matter one single bit

19 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I love how Cheney just accepted Trump's framing of the election as "The Big Lie," which is the same name Hitler used to claim that Jews blamed Germany for losing WW1. This was used as part of the propaganda to instigate the Holocaust. 

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

What is it with Trump and “accidentally” using Nazi terminology all the time?

56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unless by her saying "everything [she] can" involves 2A it won't matter one single bit

Liz Cheney going full Death Wish and stalking pro Trump and pro Insurrection congress members is a film I would absolutely watch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Just an FYI: the “Big Lie” in this context didn’t originate from Trump, it came for Dems.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My care cup for this event is so very empty that it has defied the very laws of physics themselves and crossed into “negative” care in which it actually reduces the amount of care I have for things I actually give a damn about.

so it sounds like you still could care less. 

;)

• Guillotine 1

Yeah, that's 100% backwards. The Big Lie was the left wing co-opting nazi terminology to describe Trumps actions.

I 100% agree with it. The fact that his attempt to steal the election barely moved the needle is fucking terrifying. I consider it the single most disturbing and terrifying political occurrence I've ever witnessed in my lifetime.

22 minutes ago, ort said:

Yeah, that's 100% backwards. The Big Lie was the left wing co-opting nazi terminology to describe Trumps actions.

I 100% agree with it. The fact that his attempt to steal the election barely moved the needle is fucking terrifying. I consider it the single most disturbing and terrifying political occurrence I've ever witnessed in my lifetime.

If the GOP controls both the house and senate, Biden (or Harris, I guess) is not winning in 2024.

The entire Republican Party and their propaganda network has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that they are actively willing to cheat, lie and do literally anything to win. They are doing it right out in the open and everyone is mostly acting like it's just political as normal. It's a fucking joke.

The peaceful transfer of power is one of the most sacred and important pillars of American democracy and they are just shitting all over like a collection of morally brazen fuck-lords.

And most people don't give a shit at all. This is how it's all gonna end. They are actively trying to destroy our faith in the election process and it has the capability to literally rip this country to shreds. How do we come back from this shit?

This cannot be normalized.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Just an FYI: the “Big Lie” in this context didn’t originate from Trump, it came for Dems.

1 hour ago, ort said:

Sure guys. 

trump-desk-1200x628.jpg
WWW.DONALDJTRUMP.COM

Over the past four years, Donald J. Trump's administration delivered for Americans of all backgrounds like never before. Save America is about building on those accomplishments!

unknown.png

11 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Sure guys. 

trump-desk-1200x628.jpg
WWW.DONALDJTRUMP.COM

Over the past four years, Donald J. Trump's administration delivered for Americans of all backgrounds like never before. Save America is about building on those accomplishments!

unknown.png

Did you watch the Reuters video, or do we also not watch videos here anymore :p 

This is just Trump trying to make the term meaningless. Just like "fake news" was a lefty term before Trump took it from them and turned it into one of his catch phrases.

He didn't originate the term being used in this context. He's trying to take the phrase back and turn it against his opponents. This has been one of the main moves in his playbook for his entire political run. It's very much a calculated and purposeful play. He knows exactly what he is doing and why.

He knows his followers are either so stupid that they will literally believe anything, or so morally craven that they will go along with anything. He knows his audience. Idiots and shitheads. That's the Republican Party. That's Trumps party. Get on board or get out. Trump is the party and the party is Trump.

5 hours ago, CayceG said:

Sure guys. 

Trump didn't start using the exact phrase until last week. In fact it's the statement that he uses that phrase in that Cheney responded to that's got her booted from leadership. She's not repeating trump here. You have it backwards. 

5 hours ago, CayceG said:

Sure guys. 

trump-desk-1200x628.jpg
WWW.DONALDJTRUMP.COM

unknown.png

Do you need a reminder on the timeline of events? People have definitely been using it to describe Trump's election stealing attempt since before May 3 of this year.

I have to say, I truly haven't been paying attention to members of congress and what they say regarding Trump. 

Their inaction by and large has removed nearly all credibility in my eyes. They are only worth a cursory glance to see which way the wind is blowing. 

And it hasn't changed direction. 

29 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I have to say, I truly haven't been paying attention to members of congress and what they say regarding Trump. 

Their inaction by and large has removed nearly all credibility in my eyes. They are only worth a cursory glance to see which way the wind is blowing. 

And it hasn't changed direction. 

It hasn't just been Congresscritters calling it the big lie doe.

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My care cup for this event is so very empty that it has defied the very laws of physics themselves and crossed into “negative” care in which it actually reduces the amount of care I have for things I actually give a damn about.

I don't give a shit about Liz Cheney but it is incredibly disturbing the direction the Republican party is heading. 

The thing that I don't get about all this is that it seems like such poor political calculus. Sure, I understand that during his presidency anything other than unwavering support for Trump seemed like political suicide. Now? He's the twice impeached one term President who lost you the Presidency and the Senate last election.

Certainly there are some folk who are in deep Trump districts that need to show fealty, but certainly the entire party would be better off by distancing themselves.

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

The thing that I don't get about all this is that it seems like such poor political calculus.

The GOP didn’t have a platform in 2020 besides… Trump. They’re an opposition party with no ideas beyond game rigging and grift. Until the brand becomes toxic to the point that they’re losing local or congressional elections, why would they bother? Less work, same results.