GOP Ousts Cheney From Leadership Over Her Criticism Of Trump

Trump is and has always been a concentrated nugget of the true American conservative platform. They've always pledged increasing fealty to some nebulous idea of "conservativism" that has always been a dog whistle for white supremacist power politics. They aren't going to abandon him because he is them. And they are him. 

210513193304-cheney-on-fox-news-super-te
WWW.CNN.COM

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney calls out Fox News during a combative interview with Bret Baier in which she argued that "Fox News has a particular obligation to make sure people know the election wasn't stolen."

609db08ba9b6a40018f1c069?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

During a tense exchange Thursday, Fox News host Bret Baier responded by saying Fox News has reported "numerous times" that the election wasn't stolen.

There's something ironic about the daughter of the Republican Vice President who had Fox News on all the time, being on Fox News and having this conversation.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:
WWW.CNN.COM

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney calls out Fox News during a combative interview with Bret Baier in which she argued that "Fox News has a particular obligation to make sure...

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

During a tense exchange Thursday, Fox News host Bret Baier responded by saying Fox News has reported "numerous times" that the election wasn't stolen.

There's something ironic about the daughter of the Republican Vice President who had Fox News on all the time, being on Fox News and having this conversation.

It's like a free ride when you've already paid. 

Cheney out there on these streets doing her best to remind people that if the GOP just embraced a candidate that’s 10% more sane than Trump, the country can get back to the lucrative business of endless war against brown people, Fox just isn’t having it right this minute.

On 5/12/2021 at 1:29 PM, sblfilms said:

Anytime I think of people like Trump trying to “take things back” I think of Randall in Clerks 2

Very NSFW language

Totally off topic but this movie is so much better than it had any right to ever be. 

Also, I absolutely think of Randall's idiotic 'taking it back' rants in this movie every time I hear that shit as well. He's such a great avatar for asshole opinions in this movie. 

On 5/12/2021 at 9:33 PM, Air_Delivery said:

I don't give a shit about Liz Cheney but it is incredibly disturbing the direction the Republican party is heading. 

Not that they haven't been utterly filled with disturbing antics but yeah, this is one of those 'ah yes, we're not even vaguely hiding going full back-the-dictator mode anymore' moments and I hadn't seen that shit in a while. 

4 hours ago, SaysWho? said:
WWW.CNN.COM

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney calls out Fox News during a combative interview with Bret Baier in which she argued that "Fox News has a particular obligation to make sure people know the election wasn't stolen."

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

then didnt he go right after and have some dumbfuck who wrote a booked about rigged election?

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

She' STILL a Republican so she's STILL full of shit. 

yeah, this is a “broken clock” kind of situation if I ever saw one. She doesn’t agree with the laws, not because they are morally wrong, but because some are using the false narrative of a stolen election as justification. She’d be perfectly fine with all these voter suppression laws if they were just typical Republican attempts to hinder turnout, like they’ve done for decades.