One can only hope that Rudy didn't get a pardon

I remember when there was talk about how Trump didn't like pardons for his family and allies after being told it could leave them all pollen to civil lawsuits. I don't know how else to read into going through the effort of impeding investigations of Guiliani, but not just issuing a pardon to render any such investigation impotent.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to One can only hope that Rudy didn't get a pardon

It's kind of funny, after 9/11 he could have lived the easy life of doing speaking engagements, having his name listed on consulting firms and corporate boards.  But for some reason he decided to come back and hitch his wagon to the Trump train after being old as shit and not having done anything approaching a real job for damn near 20 years.  Tried to be his fixer after Michael Cohen went to prison for being his fixer and in the process got that Trump slime all over him that rubs off on everyone in his circle.

20 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

It's kind of funny, after 9/11 he could have lived the easy life of doing speaking engagements, having his name listed on consulting firms and corporate boards.  But for some reason he decided to come back and hitch his wagon to the Trump train after being old as shit and not having done anything approaching a real job for damn near 20 years.  Tried to be his fixer after Michael Cohen went to prison for being his fixer and in the process got that Trump slime all over him that rubs off on everyone in his circle.

Rudy has always been like this though

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Rudy has always been like this though

No one ever said Rudy wasn't a piece of garbage.  He just could have lived the easy life for the rest of his days after 9/11, he didn't have to slog into the pig shit that is Donald Trump's life.

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

When much of the nation considered him "America's Mayor," speculated about his presidential ambitions (shit, if Gore was president in 2000, I wonder if Giuliani would have ran in 2004), and he was considered this moderate darling... it's amazing how disliked he is now.

@Kal-El814 made an analogy a long time ago -- 2019(!) -- and has stayed with me to this day: 

"Imagine being America's mayor after 9/11. I bet it's like sitting at a blackjack table with a 20 while the dealer is showing an 8. Imagine deciding to hit to get that ace. Giuliani has been doing that for eighteen fucking years."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

lc6rjksyaqaxbalibtlf.jpg
POLITICS.THEONION.COM

NEW YORK—Leaping from a bannister on the upper story of a Manhattan luxury hotel, the president’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani reportedly shouted “you’ll never take me alive!” Wednesday before jumping towards a chandelier and immediately falling three stories onto the floor below. “Good luck catching me as I disappear like a ghost in the wind—ha, ha, you can’t catch someone who never existed! Sayonara, suckers,” said the former New York City mayor...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's like the human centipede made real.

It's like a super predictable, Trumpworld game of Mad Libs(which, come to think of it, is kind of ironic :p )

Donald Trump's ________ was brought up on criminal charges for ________ and he will be legally represented by ________.

• Haha 3

• 5 months later...