The Falcon and the Winter Soldier OT - It's the Same but Black!

I wasn't sure what to expect with WV and that blew me mind. I don't know what to expect with FAWS but my expectations are now pretty high. I'm excited for Friday!

I have a question! The MCU has caught up with my comic book knowledge after the twists in WV. This might be a dumb question but I always had this assumption that the way Cap throws his shield and catches it without breaking his arm had to do with the super soldier serum he was given. Does something similar happen to Sam or are we supposed to just let go of that thought and believe a non supped up human arm can handle the force of the shield like he's doing in that trailer? if that question is in itself a spoiler, I don't really care to be spoiled about that, so please let me know!

15 hours ago, NeoJoe said:

I wasn't sure what to expect with WV and that blew me mind. I don't know what to expect with FAWS but my expectations are now pretty high. I'm excited for Friday!

I have a question! The MCU has caught up with my comic book knowledge after the twists in WV. This might be a dumb question but I always had this assumption that the way Cap throws his shield and catches it without breaking his arm had to do with the super soldier serum he was given. Does something similar happen to Sam or are we supposed to just let go of that thought and believe a non supped up human arm can handle the force of the shield like he's doing in that trailer? if that question is in itself a spoiler, I don't really care to be spoiled about that, so please let me know!

Sam is just a normal human when he takes up the shield. No super soldier serum. You just have to believe he is capable of handling it.

Earth-616 (main Marvel comic universe) Cap isn’t technically “superpowered,” he’s just as strong as a human possibly could be. So all his shield chicanery could be accomplished by someone with a good arm and practice. MCU Cap is obviously enhanced beyond normal human limits but presumably the shield stuff could still be accomplished by normal people even if they’re working with less oomph.

i thought the episode was alright. had no idea GSP was returning to the MCU lol, that action sequence was cool. it was nice to see some normal life stuff from the heroes. 

was i supposed to recognize this guy who is the next captain america? 

3 hours ago, johnny said:

i thought the episode was alright. had no idea GSP was returning to the MCU lol, that action sequence was cool. it was nice to see some normal life stuff from the heroes. 

was i supposed to recognize this guy who is the next captain america? 

You were only supposed to notice he was white.

I thought it was a good first episode. The first action sequence was great. Batroc returning was cool. Rhodey's cameo was also cool. I like seeing the personal struggles of our heroes because it grounds them and adds to their background story. Can't wait to see how they treat U.S. Agent (the new cap) in this series.

39 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I thought it was a good first episode. The first action sequence was great. Batroc returning was cool. Rhodey's cameo was also cool. I like seeing the personal struggles of our heroes because it grounds them and adds to their background story. Can't wait to see how they treat U.S. Agent (the new cap) in this series.

This is where I’m at as well. 

I had to watch the episode a second time to really appreciate it. Going back to guns and murdering bad guys and explosions was jarring after WV. But, once I remembered this was how TSW, AoU, CW, and the likes were I was able to get back into the right mindset for it.

That initial action sequence was awesome. I'm loving seeing this side of Bucky and am 10x more invested in his story so far than Sam's. I'm sure Sam's arc will be regret of giving up the CA mantle and shield, and I'm super curious how US Agent plays into it. I felt dumb that I didn't recognize the US Agent on first viewing and had to brush up on his history but now I'm really intrigued how they will integrate his story into the show. As for Bucky, I'm not sure how his "amends" story will play out and how he's gonna fit into the grand scheme of the dude with the masks story but I'm 100% on board for it.

The therapist and Bucky's session was my favorite part.

edit: Also Sebastian Stan with short hair, awkward smiling and being shirtless? Yes, please. More of all that. :drool:

Gwyneth Paltrow has said she'd do the odd cameo here and there, but has no interest in anything greater than that.

604bbbfbfea127001886a830?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

Don't expect a Pepper Potts standalone movie anytime soon. Gwyneth Paltrow only wants "small" appearances in the MCU going forward.

Either way, Tony's money is all with Stark Enterprise and his widow. I'm sure if Falcon asked, he could probably get Pepper to help him out, but I also don't think he's looking for a handout. He shouldn't have to be a charity case. Like @NeoJoe said, there's no way Captain America doesn't get that loan approved.

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Pepper is still alive. I'm not sure if the MCU has any plans for her after Endgame. Her character doesn't function all that well without Tony Stark, so probably best to just put her in the background.

she didn’t even want Tony doing all this superhero stuff so it would be kind of odd if she was more than a background character going forward unless there’s something that causes her to care about it more. 

Oh, we only pay our warfighters by calling them heroes in the real world today. None of the billionaires they protect are rushing in to give them money. Sam Willson's story is just putting that into sharp relief.

Also his story is clearly about how he's going to earn the shield, both for the audience and in his own mind.