The Falcon and the Winter Soldier OT - It's the Same but Black!

I'm digging it. Really digging the further exploration into Marvel lore and the "Post Blip" Marvel Cinematic Universe. Pretty dope that their squeezing so much Captain America lore into this, particularly Mark Gruenwald's 80's run ( I have all of those comics :D) I would love for us to get an Isiah Bradley series or movie or soemthing.

On 3/23/2021 at 1:40 PM, ort said:

So he's kinda like Homelander but without "superman" powers?

Not really... In the comics he was more of a contrast to Steve Rogers having been a former Viet Nam vet and a lot more conservative since he was from The South. He was younger and stronger because he had been augmented (I think his strength was around SPiderman's level) and he wasn't above killing and maiming his enemies. He did lose it at one point when his parents were murdered but he eventually regains his senses. He's still a "good guy" but is regarded as a being kind of a jerk by most of the other heroes. He's not psychotic though like Homelander. Curious to see what they do with him in the show though.

I'm happy this isn't playing out like I thought it was gonna. 

I thought it was going to be Falcon v the Winter Soldier on opposing missions for 3 episodes, meeting up and 3 episodes of fighting each other, then realizing they have to unite and have a common goal for 3 episodes, then falcon becomes cap over 3 episodes. 

I'm glad it was just like, sup bro? Also Falcon is kinda a jerk to Winter Soldier. Also did Winter Soldier go from Autist to Handsome? 

10 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I'm happy this isn't playing out like I thought it was gonna. 

I thought it was going to be Falcon v the Winter Soldier on opposing missions for 3 episodes, meeting up and 3 episodes of fighting each other, then realizing they have to unite and have a common goal for 3 episodes, then falcon becomes cap over 3 episodes. 

I'm glad it was just like, sup bro? Also Falcon is kinda a jerk to Winter Soldier. Also did Winter Soldier go from Autist to Handsome? 

There's only 6 episodes

The show is funnier than I expected!

I really like it so far.

They’re doing a good job at showing Sam’s struggles as a black man, even an exceptional one. And it’s clear that he and Bucky like one another, but there are things about themselves that the other one just can’t relate to even though they obviously want to. Stan and Mackie have good chemistry and they’re fun to watch.

I think they’re doing a good balancing act with new Cap, too. Obviously the government wouldn’t put a pushover in that role and I think the character and actor are walking the line between wanting to show respect to Steve / the shield while also wanting to forge new Cap’s path.

The “Thanos was right” squad isn’t super interesting yet, but I like them incorporating black super soldiers into the MCU’s past.

53 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Isaiah Bradley in the MCU is pretty awesome! Hope we get a flash back scene.

I want a flash back series or movie :p

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

The “Thanos was right” squad isn’t super interesting yet, but I like them incorporating black super soldiers into the MCU’s past.

The Flag Smashers (Known as U.L.T.I.M.A.T.U.M. in the comics) are less about Thanos being right and are more that the world was unified after the blip and they want to go back to that. They basically want to abolish the status quo and governments and unite the world as anti-nationalists. They're not nihilists or a death cult.

On 3/28/2021 at 12:40 PM, SuperSpreader said:

I guess that's the difference between Marvel and DC. DC is all about what happened that is causing this moment, Martha, you killed my parents, I'm from a dead planet wahh. Marvel is like, yup bitten by a spider wassup! Les go!

No not really

14 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Reveal hidden contents

They're called

Spoiler

The Dora Milaje which means "Beloved Ones."

I feel like this episode was more convoluted and confusing. I think I missed out on a few lines of important dialog yelling at my 8-year old and got pretty lost a few times during this episode.

It had some strong Rick n Morty "You son of a Bitch, I'm in" vibes. I feel like they're doing a greatest hits album with all of the B-characters.

6 minutes ago, ort said:

I feel like this episode was more convoluted and confusing. I think I missed out on a few lines of important dialog yelling at my 8-year old and got pretty lost a few times during this episode.

It had some strong Rick n Morty "You son of a Bitch, I'm in" vibes. I feel like they're doing a greatest hits album with all of the B-characters.

I felt like I was missing something about why Sharon was on the run. I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be something that happened off-screen but quick Googling says she stole the shield in Civil War...but I honestly have no memory of that nor of Sharon being on the run with anyone else as a result of doing that.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

I felt like I was missing something about why Sharon was on the run. I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be something that happened off-screen but quick Googling says she stole the shield in Civil War...but I honestly have no memory of that nor of Sharon being on the run with anyone else as a result of doing that.

Pretty sure she gave Cap his shield back and Sam the Falcon suit back in Civil War. I don’t think she shows up after that, but everyone in that scene is on the run at that moment.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

She was on the run with Captain and everyone else when the Cap and his side refused to sign the Accords. I always assumed she was pardoned the same as all the heroes, but it looks like that wasn't the case. I believe she stole the shield and Falcon's wings.

4 hours ago, Jason said:

She was the one who gave Sam his wings and Cap his shield so yeah... she was a fugitive. I'm assuming she got dusted and by the time she came back there her pardon got lost in the shuffle.

As I type Civil War is playing on tv and that scene did just recently came up. They were given receipts when they are at the super prison for the shield and “bird costume” They explained that they technically belong to government and maybe in fact to Stark himself with the shield. When the power surge happens, Carter looks to them Cap and Sam and tells them exactly where they are being kept. So she helped in the aid of them escaping (because they weren’t in a cell but were under arrest) and for stolen government property

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

She was the one who gave Sam his wings and Cap his shield so yeah... she was a fugitive. I'm assuming she got dusted and by the time she came back there her pardon got lost in the shuffle.

She didn't get dusted from my understanding. She spent the last few years building her little empire in Madripoor. No way she did that in a few months.

21 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

She didn't get dusted from my understanding. She spent the last few years building her little empire in Madripoor. No way she did that in a few months.

I don't think she was either. She was listed as missing after the blip, but that didn't mean she was missing because she was dusted. Seems she was just really good at staying hidden.