Diablo IV - Information Thread, update: "Season of the Construct" announcement trailer (January 23)

Bacon

9 minutes ago, Moa said:

No, the $90 edition (in the us) also lets you play early. I rationalized my decision as I was probably going to get the battle pass anyway so I’m really only paying $10 for the early access 

:shrug:

Like someone else in the thread somehow ordering the normal version of the game locks me out of the deluxe version, so it looks like my only option is adding 30 bucks. I’ll probably just wait it out. 

6 hours ago, Moa said:

What class y’all rocking? 

I’m playing a sorceress but some of those rogue videos are really tempting me. Honestly all the classes seem appealing and I could probably be happy maining any of them. 

chain lightning sorceress. yes it got nerfed from beta but can still melt mobs

6 hours ago, Moa said:

What class y’all rocking? 

I’m playing a sorceress but some of those rogue videos are really tempting me. Honestly all the classes seem appealing and I could probably be happy maining any of them. 

chain lightning sorceress. yes it got nerfed from beta but can still melt mobs

I’m playing as a necromancer and my friend is a Druid. He’s been playing a WareBear and been dying a lot. We’re both lvl 25 and I think I’ve only died once. It helps having a tank to agro for you. lol 

Ive been focusing more on range and area control, creating blood orbs and trapping enemies in poison miasmas. My friend is thinking about respecing though. He’s finding his survivability has become problematic. 

the loot feels good. Almost too good for its own good. Not that it’s making the game too easy or anything. I just get something with good perks and just don’t want to swap it out when something with much higher armor or damage drops. A staple of games like this, but at the same time I find I don’t enjoy this loop nearly as much as I used too. It also feels at odds with unlocking so much armor and weapon modification and upgrade venders so early into the game. I feel very little to play around with them since I could be swapping out this rare yellow item I just upgraded for a white item I get from the very next group of enemies. don’t get me wrong, still a lot of fun. 

I'm primarily rocking my Barbarian but I also have a Sorcerer that I'm moving along; my wife's main is a Necromancer and her alt is a Rogue. 

The game is great, it is exactly what I hoped it would be. It doesn't do anything revolutionary, but it scratches the exact itch I wanted it to scratch.

Good Lord is it me or is the level scaling in this game really bad? Like, what is the point of loot and leveling if enemies are going to instantly match every improvement you make? I keep getting it handed to me by friggin side quest bosses. I’m playing as a Barb so I’m wondering if I need to re-roll as a ranged character. I don’t remember it being this bad with the first three games. I could usually play for hours before I even came close to dying. I’m still really liking it though. Everything else is top notch. Just annoyed that I’m level 20 and nothing that I have done has seemed to make a difference. 

39 minutes ago, nublood said:

Good Lord is it me or is the level scaling in this game really bad? Like, what is the point of loot and leveling if enemies are going to instantly match every improvement you make? I keep getting it handed to me by friggin side quest bosses. I’m playing as a Barb so I’m wondering if I need to re-roll as a ranged character. I don’t remember it being this bad with the first three games. I could usually play for hours before I even came close to dying. I’m still really liking it though. Everything else is top notch. Just annoyed that I’m level 20 and nothing that I have done has seemed to make a difference. 

I was reading this is one of the major complaints about the game. You never feel powerful or like you are getting stronger than enemies. They match you 1:1. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I was reading this is one of the major complaints about the game. You never feel powerful or like you are getting stronger than enemies. They match you 1:1. 

I fought a certain boss, got beat numerous times and then left the area to get better equipped and level up. So I came back and it was actually harder than before. I think they gotta fix this. Because for me, it’s keeping this game from being a really good time. 

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

Also is the Activision account for COD totally separate from battle.net? Idk why they have two launchers. Logging into battle.net somehow my Diablo 3 login is banned which I can’t remember doing anything to cause at all and I barely touched that game. That shouldn’t cause any issues here right?

3 hours ago, nublood said:

Iron skin makes a heck of a difference for me. Absorbs damage and heals me 10% of my max health per second. I then have the shout skill that gives me 40%+ damage resistance in the same tree. And now I have the death blow skill that just annihilates weaker enemies.

Other than that I’ve got frenzy for fury generation and hammer of the ancients. Hasn’t been bad at all but to lvl 22.  

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Iron skin makes a heck of a difference for me. Absorbs damage and heals me 10% of my max health per second. I then have the shout skill that gives me 40%+ damage resistance in the same tree. And now I have the death blow skill that just annihilates weaker enemies.

Other than that I’ve got frenzy for fury generation and hammer of the ancients. Hasn’t been bad at all but to lvl 22.  

I have iron skin and it isn’t helping me at all. I don’t have the other abilities you mentioned so I’ll have to try that. But I just went back…again… to the same dungeon and now it’s three times harder with different enemies all together. It’s not really an issue of skill for me, it’s just all the enemies are extremely damage spongey. To the point my abilities and weapons are barely making any difference. I don’t get it. 

5 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m committed to getting this because I told my step dad I would play with him but that sounds really bad. I’m assuming no difficulty settings?

Just world tiers. So stay on Tier 1 for as close to easy as you can get.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, nublood said:

I have iron skin and it isn’t helping me at all. I don’t have the other abilities you mentioned so I’ll have to try that. But I just went back…again… to the same dungeon and now it’s three times harder with different enemies all together. It’s not really an issue of skill for me, it’s just all the enemies are extremely damage spongey. To the point my abilities and weapons are barely making any difference. I don’t get it. 

My guess is you’ll have to get to the paragon level stuff before you start to feel like you’re out leveling enemies. 

25 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

My guess is you’ll have to get to the paragon level stuff before you start to feel like you’re out leveling enemies. 

I don’t really want to feel like I’m out leveling enemies. I just want to feel like the loot, abilities and leveling that I’m doing is making a difference. Because so far, I really haven’t seen it. There was an early boss I faced, where the best I could do was taking a little over half its life. So I leveled up about 10 levels, got better abilities, weapons, etc. I come back and now I could barely even make it to the boss because the enemies are so ridiculously OP’d and I can’t even take a quarter of the boss’s life. But I’ll be aiight. There’s tons of other things to do in this game. I’ll just focus on what I can do for now. 

• Hugs 1

24 minutes ago, nublood said:

I don’t really want to feel like I’m out leveling enemies. I just want to feel like the loot, abilities and leveling that I’m doing is making a difference. Because so far, I really haven’t seen it. There was an early boss I faced, where the best I could do was taking a little over half its life. So I leveled up about 10 levels, got better abilities, weapons, etc. I come back and now I could barely even make it to the boss because the enemies are so ridiculously OP’d and I can’t even take a quarter of the boss’s life. But I’ll be aiight. There’s tons of other things to do in this game. I’ll just focus on what I can do for now. 

One of the thing I appreciate about 3 and that this has also embraced is the ability to swap difficultly levels on the fly. I understand what you’re wanting and I would like that too, but I think they abandoned that dream in 3 and there’s no looking back.

5 hours ago, nublood said:

I'm assuming your playing World Tier 1?

If you're having that much of an issue, your build is just bad.  The game is definitely much  harder for Melee based characters, because it is very difficult to dodge the Bosses when you need to get close, and then there's so many AOE attacks bosses put down near them, just getting close to hit them is a pain.

You may want to use a different class with more range to start to get more comfortable with the game.  What Lvl Barb are you?  I feel like once you hit Lvl 20 you should be able to start getting some synergized builds.

When I first played the beta as a Barbarian I struggled quite a bit early on with boss fights.  It forced me to respec my skill tree pretty early and rethink some thing about survivability.  After making some tweaks I was much better off. 

I do agree with you though regarding the Scaling.  I was telling Tomcat and ARZ in a Discord call, its my one small complaint.  In Diablo 2, if you were struggling, you coud just grind it out and get more powerful.  If you got powerful and went back to earlier areas, you really felt the progression because you'd be dominant.  You don't get quite the same feeling in Diablo 4, but if you get some good Legendary Gear that synergizes with your build, as well as just leveling up to unlock some new skills, it still does feel really really good. 

Just do more tinkering and trial and error if your current strategy isn't working out too well.  Also don't forget to upgrade your Potion, and Level up the Region for bonus skill points.

@JPDunks4 what build are you running on your Druid? I rolled a druid too and running a storm build. Im only level 19 right now. I can melt mobs and get through most dungeons pretty easily…but the final bosses in the dungeons are destroying me. Ive had to just leave a few of them bc Im getting worked over. 

Im finding that resource generation is really lacking in this game. Im 6hrs in and I havent seen a single piece of gear with a resource regen affix on it. Or even life on kill/hit. and there doesnt appear to be much of that in the skill tree either. 

my issue with the druid is you need to get in for melee to generate spirit and then blow through it so fast that you have to melee again. getting close to these bosses is not easy. so ive focused on movement speed and adding an extra evade. so I can kite around a bit get a few shots in to generate spirit then do it again. its making for very slow fights. 

17 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m committed to getting this because I told my step dad I would play with him but that sounds really bad. I’m assuming no difficulty settings?

There is an easier difficulty. I'm guessing most of us are playing on world tier 2 though. 

• Thanks 1