~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Well. Only play them on large caps and some mid caps. Small caps are already cheap and volatile, you'll get crushed.

Also, after about Wednesday, you should take next week expirations (at minimum) unless you're very confident and/or scalping. 0dte are for degens. I've made money off them but they are scary with how the move. You can be up like 100%+, turn to blow your nose and be down 50%.

If you think the metaverse is gonna be a thing and don't want to invest in FB, RBLX might be worth a long shot. Also I think FSLY will rebound especially with TikTok taking over the youth market. Also for me anyway AMD is a no brainer, I won't be selling until Intel can prove they are worth a shit again which won't be for at least a few years. 

• Thanks 1

I've been buying Vanguard's whole stock market ETF the last couple of months. It feels really really insane that something like that is doing as well as it does on as short a timeframe as it does. I'm not worried about it being volatile, but the plan is to buy a share a month or so and just build up so maybe I can pay my house off earlier. 

6 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I've been buying Vanguard's whole stock market ETF the last couple of months. It feels really really insane that something like that is doing as well as it does on as short a timeframe as it does. I'm not worried about it being volatile, but the plan is to buy a share a month or so and just build up so maybe I can pay my house off earlier. 

That is not insane. What is insane is basically every other post in this thread. 

8 minutes ago, Chris- said:

That is not insane. What is insane is basically every other post in this thread. 

Okay, fair :p 

I guess the weirdness to me is that everything else going on with stonks and tendies just obviously seems like outright gambling. What I'm doing--and mutual funds, stock funds, etc in general--SEEMS like you're putting money in the bank, but the volatility and risk is still there. The idea that the stock market just goes up and up and up is insane to me. 

How in God's name is this at all sustainable?

unknown.png

It blows my mind. But I'm gonna ride this bull I guess. 

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I guess the weirdness to me is that everything else going on with stonks and tendies just obviously seems like outright gambling. What I'm doing--and mutual funds, stock funds, etc in general--SEEMS like you're putting money in the bank, but the volatility and risk is still there. The idea that the stock market just goes up and up and up is insane to me. 

unknown.png

It is gambling, but what you are doing is only ‘volatile’ when looking at it within a specific timeframe; over time index funds pose almost no risk*. 

*And if that proves to not be the case, there are MUCH BIGGER problems at hand i.e. 2009

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

unknown.png

A big thing pushing securities higher are the weak yields on treasuries with the current inflation situation and concern it may not abate any time soon. If you are essentially losing value in the bond markets, it will push money into riskier financial instruments as at least there is some upside potential. 

The rally will go on for some time, but it’s gonna be brutal when it turns. I would definitely suggest people keep some cash holdings for when the sell off happens to get some sweet on sale items.

57 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Your periodic reminder that crypto is a scam at worst, and at best should serve as a cautionary tale about how unregulated capitalism is malignant cancer from which there is no recovery.

One of my life goals is to gain enough notoriety to pump my own shitcoin 

On 11/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, Air_Delivery said:

If you think the metaverse is gonna be a thing and don't want to invest in FB, RBLX might be worth a long shot. Also I think FSLY will rebound especially with TikTok taking over the youth market. Also for me anyway AMD is a no brainer, I won't be selling until Intel can prove they are worth a shit again which won't be for at least a few years. 

FSLY poppin right now @ManUtdRedDevils

• Thanks 1