~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

20 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I feel like any publicly traded company doing anything to entice people to buy stock, even if it’s dumb shit like offering free popcorn, is super fucking gross.

19 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It certainly raises my eyebrows and I would hope the SEC would feel the same way.

GettyImages-1231741589.jpg?resize=1200,6
FORTUNE.COM

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Crypto is a scaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam

c7ncag5uarz1yhjjtbe6.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Only a week after a Chinese bust involving cheat makers and luxury cars, authorities have seized hundreds of smuggled Nvidia cards after a speedboat chase in the waters near Hong Kong International Airport.

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

c7ncag5uarz1yhjjtbe6.jpg
KOTAKU.COM

Only a week after a Chinese bust involving cheat makers and luxury cars, authorities have seized hundreds of smuggled Nvidia cards after a speedboat chase in the waters near Hong Kong International Airport.

I want to see a photo of a bunch of cops standing around with their guns and a table full of 3080s and 3090s they seized from a bust.

For anyone still interested in fucking around with dogecoin Coinbase has dogecoin now, which is better than Robinhood or screwing around with sites like Kraken I think. The fees are significantly better on Coinbase Pro and you can do stop and limit orders but they're doing a dogecoin giveaway for buying $100 of dogecoin on regular Coinbase. You can just transfer the coins to Coinbase Pro for free after. https://www.coinbase.com/sweepstakes/dogecoin-launch

14 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

My limit was triggered on the first quick runup so I'm out already.  

Paper hands :(

I've sold and rebought multiple times since April of last year. Wish I went a lot heavier when it was sub $1

20 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I don't know if you guys are touching options but covered calls are a great way to make a little extra if you know what sell price you want on a stock and willing to let it go if it hits it.

I would need a decent primer on options before I'd be willing to touch them, I wasn't even willing to set a stop-limit before I was satisfied I understood how it worked.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I would need a decent primer on options before I'd be willing to touch them, I wasn't even willing to set a stop-limit before I was satisfied I understood how it worked.

covered calls are when you own a stock, lets say AMC, you can write a contract on that to sell the shares at a strike price that you set. It is trading at 52.xx right now, lets say you bought it at $20 and completely satisficed selling your shares at $60 and exiting your position. Contracts are sold in 100 share blocks so you need at least 100 shares in the underlining stock to do this.

So you write a contract to sell 100 shares at $60 by a certain expiration date, lets say 6-25-21. Someone can buy this contract for right now $695(the price of varies depending on share price, volatility and how far away the strike is from the current price), you get paid that $695 minus fees as soon as they buy the contract.

If the share price goes up to $60 they can execute the contract and your shares will be automatically sold at $60 per share and assigned to the contract purchaser. If the share price does not go up and the contract holder does not execute you still keep the $695 and your shares. 

Because of AMC's extreme volatility you can get excellent premiums on selling the contracts right now, a $100/share contract which is WAY out of the money is even paying $250/contract

all that being said you NEED to do serious education before you start messing with options 

3 minutes ago, elbobo said:

covered calls are when you own a stock, lets say AMC, you can write a contract on that to sell the shares at a strike price that you set. It is trading at 52.xx right now, lets say you bought it at $20 and completely satisficed selling your shares at $60 and exiting your position. Contracts are sold in 100 share blocks so you need at least 100 shares in the underlining stock to do this.

So you write a contract to sell 100 shares at $60 by a certain expiration date, lets say 6-25-21. Someone can buy this contract for right now $695(the price of varies depending on share price, volatility and how far away the strike is from the current price), you get paid that $695 minus fees as soon as they buy the contract.

If the share price goes up to $60 they can execute the contract and your shares will be automatically sold at $60 per share and assigned to the contract purchaser. If the share price does not go up and the contract holder does not execute you still keep the $695 and your shares. 

Because of AMC's extreme volatility you can get excellent premiums on selling the contracts right now, a $100/share contract which is WAY out of the money is even paying $250/contract

So to be extra clear. In your example $95 is the price the other person is paying me for the contract, $600 is for the shares since that's the target price being set in the contract, but if it never hits I still get the $695 (less whatever fees my brokerage charges me for setting up the contract) while keeping my shares?