~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
Image-2021-01-28-12_38_25.png
VELVETHAMSTER.COM

A first-time investor has bought a physical AMC Theaters location in his neighborhood after misunderstanding what the fuss was today in the stock market. Ralph Maller, 34, told his friends...

OK, so this is actually what I did this morning. I’m such an idiot.

I know this is completely unrelated, but for some reason the headline reminded me of this article from last year when oil futures were trading at like -$100.00

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-11-03/that-time-i-tried-to-buy-some-crude-oil

2 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

NOK or AMC?

NOK, long term the business is not priced too far off.

AMC is about to sell more shares, shorts can cover, and that price will go down.

Also, GME, holding until Friday does "nothing", need to hold until the shorts are down to pulling their briefs off and throwing them on the table. If you see what happened Wednesday tomorrow, hold, and buy whatever is down (always have money on the side). I'm holding GME and doing $10K stop losses, if there is no inventory to sale, those will sell. Also try buy in again in the morning, tried to do a $325 open limit order, but for the first time ever I was notified that I can't because the last list price is more that 50% away from my limit order price. 

Also, this is not investment advice, its just my hobbiest ideas. Plus I've been playing with house money since 2007 (took out a $10K student loan to buy Nintendo at $11+ share, and sold for $70); so I'm rolling, and winning with their dice. 

9 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

NOK, long term the business is not priced too far off.

AMC is about to sell more shares, shorts can cover, and at price will go down.

Also, GME, holding until Friday does "nothing", need to hold until the shorts are down to pulling their brief off and throwing them on the table. If you see what happened Wednesday tomorrow, hold, and buy whatever is down (always have money on the side). I'm holding and doing $10K stop losses, if there is no inventory to sale, those will sell. Also try buy in again in the morning, tried to do a $325 open limit order, but for the first time ever I was notified that I can't because the last list price is more that 50% away from my limit order price. 

Also, this is not investment advice, its just my hobbiest ideas. Plus I've been playing with house money since 2007 (took out a $10K student loan to buy Nintendo at $11+ share, and sold for $70); so I'm rolling, and winning with their dice. 

I don't know what this means :daydream:

16 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Also, GME, holding until Friday does "nothing", need to hold until the shorts are down to pulling their briefs off and throwing them on the table.

From what I've read the epic short squeeze is coming either Friday (tomorrow) or Monday.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

From what I've read the epic short squeeze is coming either Friday (tomorrow) or Monday.

Friday is possible if people hold, Monday would be more likely because if they cover the shorts on Friday, those transactions will take some time to do through. However, they could just hold their shorts and continue to play chicken.

Or, we could see the Government, the Media, and the Financial market repeat the largest crime I've seen my 3+ decades on the earth; to F the people. 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Completely unrelated to our quick lottery investments, but what do the regular traders in this thread think about CCIV? My buddy is telling me anything I earn on AMC should go into it, however, it’s a long termer, not a short.

I like CCIV as a spec, if its really does merge with EvGo, its a winner. 

Wait until after the merger, SPACs tend to go down a bit.

Just my hobbiest ideas.

8 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

I got in on AMC today when it dropped to 7.50 I bought 50 shares. If I make a couple grand that'd be amazing, but I'm really just here to be a part of history.

Same, we bought another 550 to make is a cool thousand. We decided we would only play with our "pandemic profits", ie the profit we made in the market last year, at the very most. 

We put most of it and DOGE, and bought 2500$ more of gamestock.

• Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I don't have any play money left in my brokerage account at Schwab, and I'm afraid my wife may kill me if I transfer any money from our bank account to literally fucking gamble with it on shit like dogecoin.  :lol:

Thats why we only decided to play with what we were willing to lose.

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I don't have any play money left in my brokerage account at Schwab, and I'm afraid my wife may kill me if I transfer any money from our bank account to literally fucking gamble with it on shit like dogecoin.  :lol:

Wait, you can trade cryptos in a Schwab brokerage account? Never knew that, but I don't trade with my Schwab, I just use it for that sweet 4% interest I was grandfathered into for jumping in on them early. 

3 minutes ago, Commodore D said:

Wait, you can trade cryptos in a Schwab brokerage account? Never knew that, but I don't trade with my Schwab, I just use it for that sweet 4% interest I was grandfathered into for jumping in on them early. 

I don't believe you can actually.  I looked for dogecoin in Schwab but I couldn't find it anywhere.  

I guess my point was, even if I wanted to put some money on dogecoin, I'm out of funtime money to do so. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I don't believe you can actually.  I looked for dogecoin in Schwab but I couldn't find it anywhere.  

I guess my point was, even if I wanted to put some money on dogecoin, I'm out of funtime money to do so. 

Ah thanks. I'm over here looking on the site like I Elmer looking for Bugs.

What do you all use for Crypto? I use Sofi (buy IPOE if that is going to happen) for my bitcoin position, DOGE can only be watched.