~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

I feel like I'm missing out on a bunch of money by not getting in on this, but I would have no idea what to do. 

I JUST WANT MONEY, DAMNIT!! 

You are more likely missing out on losing money, but this is a fun ride anyway :lol: 

Set some upper limit orders on selling tomorrow in case there are major upward bounces.

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Pussy

I was giving my wife running commentary on the gaaainzzzzz earlier when it was in the $3500 range for me, and she was like "So you're gonna sell, right?"

And I just kept saying "Nah babe, to the moon!"

She filed for divorce this afternoon.

Just now, sblfilms said:

I was giving my wife running commentary on the gaaainzzzzz earlier when it was in the $3500 range for me, and she was like "So you're gonna sell, right?"

And I just kept saying "Nah babe, to the moon!"

She filed for divorce this afternoon.

She’s entitled to half that stock now. You better up the limit to $100 to mitigate your losses.

17 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I'm out lol. It hit my stop loss during the fall and ended up losing like 1.5k. I should have expected the hedge funds to step in and rig the system when they started losing.

I hope you autists strike back tomorrow

Can we please stop using this term as an insult, and whatever this is supposed to be here. As someone whose girlfriend is a behavioural therapist for autistic children, and have some autistic friends myself, I find it very offensive. :|

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Can we please stop using this term as an insult, and whatever this is supposed to be here. As someone whose girlfriend is a behavioural therapist for autistic children, and have some autistic friends myself, I find it very offensive. :|

Whilst I don't use it, apparently it is meant to be a self-deprecating term amongst the degenerates over at WSB about themselves. They also refer to themselves as the R-word a lot, it would seem. Tacky none the less. 

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Whilst I don't use it, apparently it is meant to be a self-deprecating term amongst the degenerates over at WSB about themselves. They also refer to themselves as the R-word a lot, it would seem. Tacky none the less. 

Its used as a term of joking endearment among WSB risky stock play types but I apologize regardless. 

• Thanks 1

On 20/01/2021 at 2:58 PM, ARZ said:

Who cares what it is - it's not Battlefront....which is all we've had for SO LONG!!

It's been what, 2014 they've owned rights to the license...and we've gotten 2 Battlefront games? WTF is that? Took them until last year to do anything else SW related.

I WANTZ MOAR!!

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I mean, yes, but no. Shorting is pretty common, and even at 50%-60% you aren't guaranteed a buyer. It's sadly a common strategy to hedge against market downturns.

The fact GameStop was over 100% is insane. Like, it just doesn't happen.

There are more than you think.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Ugh SAME. 

Due to all the Robinhood fuckery though, I think I'm just not going to do anything on their platform. 

Same. Glad the wife chose fidelity. We were able to buy NOK, AMC, and GME all day. We only bought 2k worth of GME at 220$ though. Luckily she took money out of some other stocks recently and it was sitting there. We also bought up a lot of DOGE this morning, which is cheap as dirt.

28 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I'm by no means excusing what Robinhood did today, but this does lend some credibility to their blog post last hour that this was due to "risk management" ie needing enough capital to cover their order books.

I mean when they instantly give users access to $1,000 ($5,000 if you have Robinhood Gold) and allow to your reinvest your sales immediately, they obvious have to cover during the 2-3 day ACH.

It does beg the question how they allowed themselves to get in such a dire situation that they needed to halt buying for an entire day.

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

If I have a margin account, then "fine".
If I have a cash account, then "fuck you".

I can't find any details on what "limited buying" will mean.

I would wager either a minimum order amount or minimum assets on hand.