~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

God, you love to see this.

As a hippy dippy radical progressive leftist who actually has an economics degree, a JD, and an MBA (most people in these fields hate me, I assure you, due to my politics), all I have to say is:

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

This has been a great thread, and I am so glad people are catching on to the bullshit of hyper/crony capitalism and the stock market. Been texting all my Wall Street "friends" who work at banks, hedge funds, places like Freddie Mac even and just sending this. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Iculus said:

Someone got into GME with $700k that was sitting at just under $14mil when he posted a screenshot of his market account. 

He was up to $47m (total account value) yesterday. The $14m is the cash from positions he's closed.

He still has over $20m in open options and stock.

Just now, osxmatt said:

He was up to $47m (total account value) yesterday. The $14m is the cash from positions he's closed.

He still has over $20m in open options and stock.

Nuts! It was just splashed in a video I was watching so I didn't have much time to look at it.

just got my "we are only trying to protect you from yourselves" email from TDameritrade

We are in the midst of an unprecedented week in investing. It has included some of the highest-volume days in history.

I want to acknowledge that this week's trading volume and volatility across our entire industry has led to significantly increased call volumes and hold times for our clients, as well as challenges for some with our platforms at market open. Nothing is more important to us than serving you. We understand that service disruptions are frustrating and want you to know that we take these issues very seriously and sincerely apologize for any problems this may have caused.

In some cases, the volatility we are seeing in a small number of stocks has forced us to put restrictions in place. These restrictions will not prevent clients from buy and sell transactions. For the latest list of impacted stocks, visit tdameritrade.com/restricted.

We appreciate your patience and are committed to providing the high level of service and reliability you have come to expect from us.

here is there restriction list

Securities with trading restrictions

We have placed some restrictions on the following securities. These restrictions will not prevent clients from making basic buy and sell transactions. This list is as of January 28, 2021, 4:00PM ET.

• AMC, CVM, EXPR, FOSL, GME, NOK, BB, BBBY, FIZZ, GSX, IRBT, NCMI, TR, UONE, VIR, NAK, NAKD, DDS, KOSS

The following restrictions are in place:

• Stocks - 100% holding requirement (not marginable)
      • Long calls and puts are allowed
      • Covered call and short put orders may only be placed with a broker. Please be aware that wait times to speak with a broker may be longer than normal due to current market conditions.
        • Covered calls only allowed if your account currently has the shares
        • Short puts only if you have the maintenance/cash to cover the entire exercise amount of the short puts
      • All other complex options orders will not be accepted
      • We may also implement additional restrictions on the opening of option trades that expire Friday, January 29th

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Wife and I bought 400 AMC this morning. We'll see where it goes. We also bought into silver.

Why did you buy silver? Do you think that will gain more traction with Wall Street bets? I know there is some posting going on about it.

I have an old silver position from a decade ago. It would be neat to watch it go from 14-250 an ounce!

Just now, Massdriver said:

Why did you buy silver? Do you think that will gain more traction with Wall Street bets? I know there is some posting going on about it.

I have an old silver position from a decade ago. It would be neat to watch it go from 14-250 an ounce!

Seems to be the end game. Silver is heavily leveraged with shorts by major banks. 

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

They seem to think they created a stock singularity since the hedge funds can't possibly buy all the stock they need.

tl;dr This is what a lot of people have been trying to explain with the stock being shorted over 100%, at times up to 240%. Investment firms still need to return more shares than actually exist to their borrowers. This has, to my knowledge, not happened before, at least not in a very long time if at all.

That's why what WSB is doing is different this time. I've been a user there for 3-4 years and we've barely been able to pump meme stocks and at times successfully Tesla.

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

It’s been shorted like this for decades. The question is will WSB bet on it. 

They've been planning it for a while now apparently. Ive been furiously catching up. My wife and i have been yelling info at each other all day, while we each have multiple screens on.