~* The official thread of stonks, tendies, safe, sound and very real professional financial advice *~

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

So basically, all the internet has to do at this point is watch out for large shorts by hedge funds, and then do this again. And each time, they can guarantee major losses for the funds.

Except now hedge funds have a strategy to combat it and we know our gov’t ain’t gonna do shit to stop them. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

So basically, all the internet has to do at this point is watch out for large shorts by hedge funds, and then do this again. And each time, they can guarantee major losses for the funds.

Let’s make an official thread for this, we’ll all help each other, become millionaires, and buy a small island for D1P meet ups.

WHO’S IN!??!?!!?

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, yes, but no. Shorting is pretty common, and even at 50%-60% you aren't guaranteed a buyer. It's sadly a common strategy to hedge against market downturns.

The fact GameStop was over 100% is insane. Like, it just doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

This is the perfect thread on what is happening the past few weeks, for anyone not familiar with the details.

As a person who never delved into how the stock market functions, this was a good explanation of a piece of it.

Would I be correct in saying that these hedge funds who kept shorting over and over again is like a pyramid scam?

5 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

As a person who never delved into how the stock market functions, this was a good explanation of a piece of it.

Would I be correct in saying that these hedge funds who kept shorting over and over again is like a pyramid scam?

I'm not sure what term I would use, but disgusting comes pretty close. But sadly shorting happens all the time.

The real disgusting part is trading platforms blocking the purchase of stock, only allowing the sale.