Loki Trailer and Discussion Thread (Update: Series premiers on June 9th)

Part of me is suspecting that she's not really a Loki at all or more of a version of the Enchantress (moving closer to Hela or even Loki's mom). She takes a lot of effort to point out that she doesn't like being called Loki by Loki himself. Either way, I think they're setting up something a lot deeper than it just being a female version of Loki. But they're also really good at throwing out curveballs that still manage to cross the plate as they should have been expected. Did that a few times with Wandavision.

52 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don’t think I saw anything that confirmed anything beyond what we know as of this episode.

Well it was on the site briefly selling a collectable headset of both Loki & Sylvie but *POSSIBLE BIG SPOILER*

Spoiler

next to Sylvie was her last name with a /Enchantress after that. 

57 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Well it was on the site briefly selling a collectable headset of both Loki & Sylvie but *POSSIBLE BIG SPOILER*

Hide contents

next to Sylvie was her last name with a /Enchantress after that. 

Ah, fair, I just assumed that was obvious after this recent episode. But who knows, really, after the baits and switches in WandaVision all bets are off.

10 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Is this and TFAWS viewer-friendly for someone who hasn't kept up with any MCU stuff since Endgame?

Nothing since Endgame has been interconnected. The next Spider-Man and Doctor Strange movies are the next movies where the recent stuff will be taken into account. Black Widow takes place before Infinity War, I'm assuming Shang-Chi and Eternals won't have anything to do with any of the recent stuff

Also, WandaVision is really short. Some of the episodes are only like 20 minutes long. You can knock it out in a day if you want to, and it's pretty good.

• Thanks 1

Even though I saw that Zavvi thing. I wanna put it out there that I still feel that she is somehow not his variant from another timeline, but a variant of his adopted mom. She wields a sword like mom, both magic, and again that brief moment of emotion Sylvie let out after Loki talked about his mom.

17 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Even though I saw that Zavvi thing. I wanna put it out there that I still feel that she is somehow not his variant from another timeline, but a variant of his adopted mom. She wields a sword like mom, both magic, and again that brief moment of emotion Sylvie let out after Loki talked about his mom.

I thought of that too. Or even a future daughter. A lot of possibilities really.

41 minutes ago, heydude93 said:

Is this and TFAWS viewer-friendly for someone who hasn't kept up with any MCU stuff since Endgame?

Nothing has come out since Endgame except for Spider-Man: Far From Home. While Far From Home is a sequel about what happens with Peter Parker, you don't have to see it to enjoy WandaVision, TFATWS, or Loki (though I recommend you watch it anyway, it's enjoyable and fun). You just need to have seen Infinity War/Endgame and these three shows pick up the pieces of the characters of Wanda, Vision, Falcon, Bucky, and Loki after Endgame, respectively. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2021 at 7:00 PM, silentbob said:

I like this one. She could be doing all this to save her Loki that the Time Keepers have earmarked for destruction or even simple revenge.

For the shortest episode in the series so far, boy they crammed a lot of good shit in that runtime. I like the common theme for Sylvie and Wanda in that both were told “they shouldn’t exist” Be interesting to see who the wizard behind the curtain is for the TVA now that we’ve been Snoke’d. I liked the little cameo and really enjoyed people coming to realize who/what they really are. Can’t wait for the final 2 episodes, especially with that bonus credit scene. Which I love seeing them embrace the various costumed looks they have goon through, like what they did with Vision throughout that series.

So that after credits scene we're definitely getting something about all the "pruned" characters coming back by the end of the final episode, right?

Also I hate this unpredictable random credits scene bullshit. I checked for it on the first one but then the first three episodes didn't have one so now you have to be told to go back and look unless you're the kind of person who just checks the end of every episode. Just fill the credit scene slot with a fucking gag/outtake reel for all I care on the times you don't want to do meaningful credits scene content, just knowing there's something to watch every time is better than the haphazard way of doing things.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

So that after credits scene we're definitely getting something about all the "pruned" characters coming back by the end of the final episode, right?

Also I hate this unpredictable random credits scene bullshit. I checked for it on the first one but then the first three episodes didn't have one so now you have to be told to go back and look unless you're the kind of person who just checks the end of every episode. Just fill the credit scene slot with a fucking gag/outtake reel for all I care on the times you don't want to do meaningful credits scene content, just knowing there's something to watch every time is better than the haphazard way of doing things.

I was getting a Superman Phantom Zone vibe with the bonus scene setting myself. Although these scene might get altered, because they just altered ever so slightly the final bonus scene at the end of Wandavision this past week.

5 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I was getting a Superman Phantom Zone vibe with the bonus scene setting myself. Although these scene might get altered, because they just altered ever so slightly the final bonus scene at the end of Wandavision this past week.

Hopefully that means they're gonna give us the full originally planned Wandavision finale at some point. As discussed in that thread apparently everything was filmed but they hacked off massive parts of the episode because the VFX wasn't going to be done in time...which seems especially stupid considering they had an off week anyhow between Wandavision and FatWS, they could have just split it up into a two-parter without affecting the schedule if they needed extra time for the VFX.

9 hours ago, silentbob said:

Be interesting to see who the wizard behind the curtain is for the TVA now that we’ve been Snoke’d.

Spoiler

Kang the Conqueror is what I've been guessing even before this episode. My thought is he wants the timeline to follow the "prime" timeline where he conquers the universe. Ravonna has been a love interest in the past in the comics, so makes sense that she was doing her best to keep Mobius from knowing the truth. We also know Kang is in the next ant-man, so this should help set him up in that story.

I have mixed feelings about the last 2 episodes, despite really enjoying them.

We’ve had Loki in what, 6 movies? He’s never really showed romantic interest in anyone before. And as clever as it is to have a narcissist almost literally fall in love with himself, I don’t think they built to it at all in any kind of real way. It’s clever and I guess it’s inevitable, but it’s a bit odd to have this show focus on Loki’s growth while also have=ing his first love interest be an alternate version of himself.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Lady Sif again, that whole scene feels like it would have played out better with almost any other character in Loki’s life.

And this most recent episode was paced like that forgot they only had 6 episodes to play with, so they put everything on fast forward. I don’t think anything really got the chance to land.

20 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

We’ve had Loki in what, 6 movies? He’s never really showed romantic interest in anyone before. And as clever as it is to have a narcissist almost literally fall in love with himself, I don’t think they built to it at all in any kind of real way. It’s clever and I guess it’s inevitable, but it’s a bit odd to have this show focus on Loki’s growth while also have=ing his first love interest be an alternate version of himself.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Lady Sif again, that whole scene feels like it would have played out better with almost any other character in Loki’s life.

And this most recent episode was paced like that forgot they only had 6 episodes to play with, so they put everything on fast forward. I don’t think anything really got the chance to land.

I like that he so deeply in love with himself because he has always been told he would always be alone. I think they sort of explained “the why” we got so much happening all at once like that in the episode too. The 2 Loki’s together, when together, cause CHAOS to happen. Kind of a reverse Hancock movie scenario, in which that they get stronger when the 2 get closer together.

Would be a great time to bring in the Grandmaster variant Jeff Goldblum and explain the chaos theory from Jurassic Park. 

42 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

and yet that could have been a kind of wink that perhaps at one time he had a thing for Sif. The old thing about boys teasing girls they secretly like, pulling their pigtails and whatnot....but this being Loki he had to take it up a notch and cut her hair. And so her perhaps being his first crush telling him that his and always will be alone might feel especially devastating given that he now has discovered he once again feels for another person again. Granted I could be reaching here and they never really gave any indication that Loki cared for anyone other then his mother for most of the early movies he was in...we only start to see the switch him after his mother is killed in Thor 2, and while still most self centered you see him embrace some semblance of humanity after that. 

35 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I like that he so deeply in love with himself because he has always been told he would always be alone. I think they sort of explained “the why” we got so much happening all at once like that in the episode too. The 2 Loki’s together, when together, cause CHAOS to happen. Kind of a reverse Hancock movie scenario, in which that they get stronger when the 2 get closer together.

Would be a great time to bring in the Grandmaster variant Jeff Goldblum and explain the chaos theory from Jurassic Park. 

Yeah. It’s not BAD, it’s just odd that one of Loki’s first questions to Sylvie is basically, “so do you have a boyfriend?” I know this isn’t the Loki that ultimately ended up getting close to Thor, and some of his loneliness was set up in Ragnarok.

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah. It’s not BAD, it’s just odd that one of Loki’s first questions to Sylvie is basically, “so do you have a boyfriend?” I know this isn’t the Loki that ultimately ended up getting close to Thor, and some of his loneliness was set up in Ragnarok.

What do you mean this isn’t the Loki that ended up getting close to Thor? All these movies blurred together in my brain lol.

41 minutes ago, Joe said:

What do you mean this isn’t the Loki that ended up getting close to Thor? All these movies blurred together in my brain lol.

I think they are referring to the events of Thor: The Dark World and Ragnarok, where the 2 kind of gained respect for each other. None of these events have or will happen to this Loki being a variant off that original timeline from Avengers/Endgame. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

The Loki on the show bounced at the end of the first Avengers, so he didn’t live through Dark World or Ragnarok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

The Loki on the show bounced at the end of the first Avengers, so he didn’t live through Dark World or Ragnarok.

yeah, but since he saw the record of his 'past' or rather his future, he was processing some of the loss even if it was from a distance. It's hard to know where the hell his mindset is at this point 

10 hours ago, jinx8402 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also 

Spoiler

The time keepers actually resemble him a LOT.

9 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

We’ve had Loki in what, 6 movies? He’s never really showed romantic interest in anyone before. And as clever as it is to have a narcissist almost literally fall in love with himself, I don’t think they built to it at all in any kind of real way. It’s clever and I guess it’s inevitable, but it’s a bit odd to have this show focus on Loki’s growth while also have=ing his first love interest be an alternate version of himself. They spent the whole previous episode building the bond between Silvie and Loki. Almost dying together would definitely accelerate any romantic feelings he would have for her.

As much as I enjoyed seeing Lady Sif again, that whole scene feels like it would have played out better with almost any other character in Loki’s life. Loki actually cut all of her hair off in the comics because he was jealous of her and Thor’s relationship and thought that by shaving her hair and making her “ugly” it would ruin their relationship. Sif was originally blond and when she got magic locks that grew her hair back, it became the black that we know today. Thor thought she was even MORE beautiful with the dark hair. I thought that whole scene was a nice nod to that story and it may have been inspired by actual Norse myths. Not sure about that though. 

8 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

and yet that could have been a kind of wink that perhaps at one time he had a thing for Sif. The old thing about boys teasing girls they secretly like, pulling their pigtails and whatnot....but this being Loki he had to take it up a notch and cut her hair. And so her perhaps being his first crush telling him that his and always will be alone might feel especially devastating given that he now has discovered he once again feels for another person again. Granted I could be reaching here and they never really gave any indication that Loki cared for anyone other then his mother for most of the early movies he was in...we only start to see the switch him after his mother is killed in Thor 2, and while still most self centered you see him embrace some semblance of humanity after that. 

See my above response to Karl-el’s post.