Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

51 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

And Trump has nixed the second debate because potatoes.

So all he has left right now is the third debate to really help him, but even if he wins that it may be too little too late by then.

Still, I'm not dismissing Trump to try and reveal some kind of October surprise.

Luckily it seems like he was counting on the Durham investigation to be the October surprise that would put him out ahead, and it isn’t concluding till after the election. (and like Benghazi, it’ll probably wind up being an overblown nothingburger in the end.)

4 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I take back every negative thing I said about Pete during the primary. 

It's from an old appearance on Fox, but he has been an excellent campaign surrogate for Biden.

I know shitting on Pete was fashionable here when Bernie was an option and you had something other than centrism to vote for, but let’s be real, if you had to choose between Pete and Biden, you’d definitely want the former, right?

29 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I know shitting on Pete was fashionable here when Bernie was an option and you had something other than centrism to vote for, but let’s be real, if you had to choose between Pete and Biden, you’d definitely want the former, right?

For president? No. Pete still had some growing to do. He's still young in the sense that he's trying to find his (political) identity, but it seems like he's growing into one fast. 

I would in fact turn it around; if you like Pete you should be glad for a Biden candidacy because this is the perfect place for him to grow and he wouldn't have got that with another candidate. 

5 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I take back every negative thing I said about Pete during the primary. 

It's from an old appearance on Fox, but he has been an excellent campaign surrogate for Biden.

Wow a politician who actually fucking understands the situation that happens in late pregnancy terminations. I might add even better than a few users here do. :|

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

No.

I really liked Pete in the early days of his campaign. However, the more he did interviews and debates, the less I liked him. Why? Because he quickly turned into an non-genuine candidate, always fishing for a “center option” and telling people what they wanted to hear for more votes - at least that’s how he began to come off, IMO. 
He completely lost me with his nonsensical argument against tax-payer funded college. “Why should middle class families pay for the education of rich people’s kids?” ... uhhh... we already do with their ability to go to public elementary and high schools, STFU.

Curious what this week's events will do.

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

What were the polls showing for those two states right before the 2016 election?

Michigan:

rtfoj3w.png

Wisconsin:

yXW2Bwz.png

Biggest differences are Biden's individual numbers: he's been closer or over 50% while Clinton wasn't. Michigan was pretty close in the polls compared to Wisconsin.

Also, I looked at nearly each state and have no idea Google Consumer Surveys was doing.

• Thanks 1