Get in losers, we're going projecting

Joe

4 minutes ago, mrbiggsly said:
XwG98.png
WWW.270TOWIN.COM

Create your own forecast for the 2020 presidential election

Not what I think will happen but it'll allow for the most possible chaos

269-269

This scenario is interesting, and it makes the House races critically important.  Which ever party controls the most House state (not state house) delegations, would determine who the next President would be.  Every state gets 1 vote in this scenario:  So South Dakota's 1 vote for president is worth just as much as California's 1 vote for president. 

9 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

The upside is that my projection is based on an absolutely monumental polling error in PA, one of such historic proportions that the entire data science discipline should be cast into the void.

Based on the phone banking that you did over the weekend, what is your feeling about how PA/MN will go? 

6 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I really couldn't gauge MN from the few calls I did connect with on my shift.  I feel reasonably positive about PA.

I came out of my experience feeling about the same as you regarding PA. My biggest concern is first time voters emboldened by Trump to vote when in previous years they had no interest in voting at all.

What I think is going to happen

DJr3g.png
WWW.270TOWIN.COM

What I hope will happen

YORKd.png
WWW.270TOWIN.COM

I think my map was the same as Joe's.

Really surprised how many people peg NC as red. Trump has never led in polls, the margins for Cooper have been astounding, and even Cunningham recovered to a comfortable lead. The polling here demands more than an unexamined gut feeling to justify turning it red. 

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I think my map was the same as Joe's.

Really surprised how many people peg NC as red. Trump has never led in polls, the margins for Cooper have been astounding, and even Cunningham recovered to a comfortable lead. The polling here demands more than an unexamined gut feeling to justify turning it red. 

People are really underestimating how quickly the urban areas of NC are growing. I lived in a shitty part of nc for a hot minute and charlotte was booming and looked different every single time I went there.

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

People are really underestimating how quickly the urban areas of NC are growing. I lived in a shitty part of nc for a hot minute and charlotte was booming and looked different every single time I went there.

I know a ton of different people from HS and just in general who have moved to Charlotte and say it's absolutely amazing.

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'd say the key difference is that charlotte was a complete backwater until the 80's, and most development is relatively recent. The newness of it all is just strange

Yeah, I agree with that. The similarities I see are in the lack of culture, both have that full of transplants feel.