Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

jez-xbox-feedback-2022.jpg
WWW.WINDOWSCENTRAL.COM

Recently, I took to Twitter to solicit feedback on the current status of the Xbox platform in general. A (wholly unscientific) analysis of over 1,000 tweets gives us a glimpse into the major pain points Xbox core fans still think need to be fixed and improved throughout the next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Xbox-Twitch-logos.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

With everything going on in the world, it’s more important than ever that we stay connected with our friends, families, and communities. We’ve heard your feedback and are excited to bring back this fan favorite feature, re-engineered, and better than ever. Starting today, Xbox and Twitch are teaming up to make live streaming from your […]

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Wire-Post-Hero_JPG.jpg
NEWS.XBOX.COM

Carbon negative, water positive and zero waste by 2030, sustainability updates to our Xbox Series X|S consoles, empowering players with energy saver mode, and more At Microsoft – and, by extension, at Xbox – we’ve set ambitious commitments to meaningfully reduce the company’s environmental impact and operate as a carbon negative, water positive and zero […]

Carbon negative, water positive and zero waste by 2030, sustainability updates to our Xbox Series X|S consoles, empowering players with energy saver mode, and more

Summary

• Today, we’d like to share an update on how we’re progressing toward our commitments of being carbon negative, water positive, and zero waste by 2030.  
  • By 2030, we will design Xbox products and accessories, and all Microsoft product packaging, to be 100% recyclable in Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries.
  • Last year, we made improvements to the console’s Energy Saver sleep mode. Energy Saver mode consumes about 20 times less power than Standby mode when the console is not being used or receiving updates. Now, system and game updates can be downloaded during Energy Saver mode, further saving energy.
  • We’ve also revisited the materials we use in our products by incorporating Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) resins in Xbox Series S and our controllers.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: "An Update on Xbox Sustainability Efforts"
    WireAsset_TwitchID_March22_v2.jpg
    NEWS.XBOX.COM

Here we are almost one year since our very first ID@Xbox and /twitchgaming showcase! We’ve had the pleasure of working with /twitchgaming and putting together some incredible showcases since then, and guess what? We’re nowhere near done! ID@Xbox and /twitchgaming will be coming together once again to showcase updates and new announcements of amazing games […]

For any Canadian user wanting a system. Walmart Canada has Series X system bundles with an extra controller (in either white or black) Was also able to up my gamepass ultimate for 3 years for the cheap with old gold card and a single month of gpu to auto convert the 3 years. Just make sure your subscription has ended before adding live cards to get the trick to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, well I did buy it. It came yesterday. It's pretty impressive on a bunch of different levels.

I started up Last Stop, basically basic bitch game and it had a 6 gig update so I updated it. I had been playing this previously on Xbone and so now I'm playing the Sex version and the first thing that happened after firing up the game I was about to go do something else because I'm used to this game taking like a minute to load but it loaded up right away. Then the game runs at 60 now it feels completely different. Also somehow it looks more vibrant and even sounds better. Also very cool that my save just worked and I could continue playing the game where I left on the Xbone version, I didn't have to start the game over.

Now I'm upgrading Outriders to see how that runs because it was tough to play on the Xbone.

I didn't think the new controller would be that big of a deal but the D-pad is really nice and it comes with rubber grips as default. I kinda still want to get a design lab version though. 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

There were reports if a huge supply hitting retailers last week for Xbox.  Hopefully we are starting to see the end of supply constraints and Playststion follows suite soon after.

According to Speshal Nick on his podcast the other day, Microsoft paid for "chip priority" last year, and that's why we're seeing an influx of Series X consoles now. If that's true, I wouldn't bet on Playstation supplies bumping up any time soon.

1 hour ago, brucoe said:

I just managed to finally score an XBox Series X through Amazon. As mostly a PC player, I've been pretty good on PC games, but am curious if there are any games that are XBox only that I should start looking into.

They don't exist, they all come to PC. Unless you mean OG Xbox then you could play Ninja Gaiden or Otogi and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
    jbareham_220118_ecl1087_stock_xbox_0002.
    WWW.POLYGON.COM

From Xbox design director, to architect, to leading Xbox research and design

If you’ve subscribed to Game Pass or obsessed over Xbox achievements, you’re familiar with Chris Novak’s work.

The head of Xbox research and design is leaving the company after nearly 20 years. Novak has led the user experience research and design efforts for more than five years, and previously held positions as Xbox design director and Xbox design architect. Across these roles, Novak was responsible for user experience in many of the company’s biggest projects, including Xbox Game Pass, along with cloud gaming and Xbox Live.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Chris Novak (head of Xbox R&D) departing MS after nearly 20 years

So I got $350 in Amazon money for my bday and I could buy a bear buy card and get the Xbox SX on Saturday. I’m still a little torn but if I really want to get it then I should probably just order it now before it’s sold out again.

It would be my bedroom game system and mostly to play my collection of BC stuff on it, esp Xbox originals, and gamepass stuff and any play anywhere stuff being able to switch between rooms. I wont use it for any media stuff at the moment really because I can’t imagine moving from the nvidia shield.

I guess I’m looking for any impressions if there are any of pc gamers who also have a SX and what they think of having the combo, since there are no longer new games that are unique to the system. That being the sticking point I get stuck on when I’m close to pulling the trigger.

Edit: I see the bear buy typo but Im leaving it

1 hour ago, stepee said:

So I got $350 in Amazon money for my bday and I could buy a bear buy card and get the Xbox SX on Saturday. I’m still a little torn but if I really want to get it then I should probably just order it now before it’s sold out again.

It would be my bedroom game system and mostly to play my collection of BC stuff on it, esp Xbox originals, and gamepass stuff and any play anywhere stuff being able to switch between rooms. I wont use it for any media stuff at the moment really because I can’t imagine moving from the nvidia shield.

I guess I’m looking for any impressions if there are any of pc gamers who also have a SX and what they think of having the combo, since there are no longer new games that are unique to the system. That being the sticking point I get stuck on when I’m close to pulling the trigger.

I like being able to bounce from PC to XSX and my saves carry over for GamePass games.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I like being able to bounce from PC to XSX and my saves carry over for GamePass games.

That is something that is super appealing to me yeah. Would you say most game pass stuff let’s you do this? I looked at the list and play anywhere is more robust than I thought.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

That is something that is super appealing to me yeah. Would you say most game pass stuff let’s you do this? I looked at the list and play anywhere is more robust than I thought.

Anything that says crossplay, I think. Hades is one of them, which is nice because if you buy it on PC and XSX (not through GP), you don't get crossplay.

It was also great for Halo Infinite.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Anything that says crossplay, I think. Hades is one of them, which is nice because if you buy it on PC and XSX (not through GP), you don't get crossplay.

It was also great for Halo Infinite.

Hmm yeah I know it would be sweet once MS games start rolling in more to play the same game looking great in bed or the living room and eventually on deck as well. Oh right, Starfield. Let’s do it.

9 hours ago, stepee said:

In for bear buy!

I have both (a PC and XSX) my impressions are above. Basically if you want to play something not on your computer (like I play game pass stuff on it) then the games run very well.