Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm not sure. Sounds like a good excuse, though. :p

11 minutes ago, silentbob said:

No he’s right. Some car manufacturers are also on hold because of the lack of the chipsets available for the infotainment setups 

Yeah there's a big global chip shortage happening right now and it's kinda messing up everything.

17-march_chip-shortage.jpg
WWW.NEWSCIENTIST.COM

The covid-19 pandemic, a trade war between the US and China and a drought in Taiwan have affected the availability of computer chips for cars, appliances and video game consoles

gettyimages-1252248589.jpg
WWW.ZDNET.COM

The semiconductor industry reported record figures this year, but is still crippled by capacity constraints. For consumers, it means longer wait times.

It's a real thing and is definitely affecting the gaming industry.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Interesting. Thank you guys for the info. I'll just have to be patient. 

Best Buy seems to have the Series S in stock more often than anything else. I've gotten a Series S from them, and while I have to say there is a tiny bit of FOMO due to the fact that the S doesn't do the One X BC enhancements, if a game is optimized for the X/S, it's been great. On top of that, the games that have been added to the FPS Boost list have been excellent. Going back to a game like Sleeping Dogs (that now has Auto-HDR and runs at 60fps) has been very enjoyable (it looks and feels like a new game). I still have my One X so whenever I want to play a game that has One X enhancements, I just play it on there. Otherwise I'm enjoying everything on the S so far.

I still intend to get a Series X once they become more readily available, but I'm not regretting picking up a Series S in the slightest.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Best Buy seems to have the Series S in stock more often than anything else. I've gotten a Series S from them, and while I have to say there is a tiny bit of FOMO due to the fact that the S doesn't do the One X BC enhancements, if a game is optimized for the X/S, it's been great. On top of that, the games that have been added to the FPS Boost list have been excellent. Going back to a game like Sleeping Dogs (that now has Auto-HDR and runs at 60fps) has been very enjoyable (it looks and feels like a new game). I still have my One X so whenever I want to play a game that has One X enhancements, I just play it on there. Otherwise I'm enjoying everything on the S so far.

I still intend to get a Series X once they become more readily available, but I'm not regretting picking up a Series S in the slightest.

Thanks for the heads up, but if I'm going to upgrade I'm going all in on the xsx.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: May update features Quick Resume improvements, Passthrough Audio, and more
7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@best3444 If you join the Xbox Insider program on your Xbox they have a thing going where they will notify you and you can buy an XSX but it has to be through your XBONE.

Thanks! After playing Village I have absolutely no interest in the next consoles this year. Village looks next gen IMHO on the one x and so I just don't see a reason for buying one. Ps5 meh... nothing out or coming out this year making me want to buy it. Ratchet looks great but I've never liked those games. Horizon will be delayed so overall, until gamestop has them readily available I'm done even thinking about them. Any next gen game will come out on my ps4 pro and one x. I'm good for a long time. 

Updated yesterday. It's really nice to be able to see what games are in my Quick Resume, and be able to remove them manually. I didn't even realize I had Ori and Spyro Reignited in Quick Resume, two games I had no intention of playing again any time soon. At least now they're not taking up memory.

2 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Updated yesterday. It's really nice to be able to see what games are in my Quick Resume, and be able to remove them manually. I didn't even realize I had Ori and Spyro Reignited in Quick Resume, two games I had no intention of playing again any time soon. At least now they're not taking up memory.

I had Skyrim in QR and it's been over a month since I last played it :lol:

A few guys over at IGN posted basically the same Tweet a few minutes apart.   Just found it a bit odd that they almost read like Microsoft advertisements.  I've been enjoying both consoles quite a bit, and my PC as well.  Next month or so is gonna be a lot of fun with E3 and finally seeing some new stuff.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

A few guys over at IGN posted basically the same Tweet a few minutes apart.   Just found it a bit odd that they almost read like Microsoft advertisements.  I've been enjoying both consoles quite a bit, and my PC as well.  Next month or so is gonna be a lot of fun with E3 and finally seeing some new stuff.

That is a bit suspicious lol

8 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

when the check clears. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Awesome. You must have been on top of that to get one. Good for you. 

To his credit, my neighbor Joe snagged it for me by accident while trying to hunt down a 3080!  True story, he didn't get a 3080! :dab: He has a knack for getting hard to find items, probably because he obsessively hunts the latest tech like its his day job. In truth he is a UI programmer, and I think he has tricks, but I don't tell Joe his business! :p

15 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

• Haha 1

image-1-1.png?fit=940%2C528
NEWS.XBOX.COM

We strive to make Xbox the most inclusive gaming platform on the planet, and a key part of this journey is introducing more accessible experiences for our players.   Although we already offer game transcription for converting in-game player speech to text and reading chat text that you type to other players aloud, we knew there were opportunities to improve.   That’s why we’re excited to share […]

• Like 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Xbox is testing "accessible" chat options like transcription and speech synthesis for Party Chat
6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Will anything from the beta carry over?  It's just for the weekend right?

It's only for the weekend. The game said progress won't carry over. So don't get too attached to your character I suppose. (The previous beta was a Japanese beta so the character was wiped in this NA beta, but maybe the character gets saved because it's the NA version, maybe wishful thinking on my part)

In any case if not this weekend maybe whenever it comes this out in June we could play. :p

Bought Microsoft’s wireless Xbox headset. For $100, the headphones are nice. The headset is comfortable. I would say similar to Sony’s Gold headset which I really like (hated the pulse headset).  I like how you can control the volume by turning the dial on the ear cup. It’s so much better than trying to find buttons. My only complaint so far is that when the headset connects, it doesn’t mute your tv. I hope they patch a firmware update for that. 

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Bought Microsoft’s wireless Xbox headset. For $100, the headphones are nice. The headset is comfortable. I would say similar to Sony’s Gold headset which I really like (hated the pulse headset).  I like how you can control the volume by turning the dial on the ear cup. It’s so much better than trying to find buttons. My only complaint so far is that when the headset connects, it doesn’t mute your tv. I hope they patch a firmware update for that. 

That would be my big complaint for them as well. Do a lot of late night gaming and have woken my sister because I forgot that the TV volume was still on. I love the bass on the headphones, even after dialling them down in the equalizer. If you don’t it will rattle your skull like a maraca 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Bethesda and Microsoft to hold joint E3 press event