Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Ok fuck it I ordered one from Gamestop and paid $55 for the stupid fucking call of duty game. It did not go how I wanted it to and I’m pissed now because it didn’t let me use $125 of it because of some arbitrary gift card limit bullshit but not getting it would just piss me off more so I’m also getting the stupid cod game and $125 of gamestop credit for some other stupid fucking shit I guess.

Now the fucking thing isn’t showing in my order history though I’ve certainly paid and the status tracker says no such order exists. Really wish I just waited for Amazon or Best Buy to get one.

I got an email saying they will send me a notice on shipping later after they ship and it shows the address but not the apt number so that’s what I want to know is if that’s just on a second line but I won’t know I guess until after they ship which is handy.

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

Ok I guess it’s finally in the system and they got my apartment number right so sometime by early next week or before I’ll get one of these things so that’s cool.

How many games can you keep paused on quick resume?

6 games. Nice that you're getting one.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Ok fuck it I ordered one from Gamestop and paid $55 for the stupid fucking call of duty game. It did not go how I wanted it to and I’m pissed now because it didn’t let me use $125 of it because of some arbitrary gift card limit bullshit but not getting it would just piss me off more so I’m also getting the stupid cod game and $125 of gamestop credit for some other stupid fucking shit I guess.

Skyrocket Game Over GIF by DOMCAKE

• True 1

lol 3 is still going to be cool, looking forward to checking that out. 6 would be amazing though. 

They didn’t ship still, I just want to know the date even if it’s after the weekend, once I get that I can get hyped now that I’ve calmed down from my terrible mood.

5 hours ago, stepee said:

Just went up for sale on Microsoft.com for straight $500, no bundle.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Just went up for sale on Microsoft.com for straight $500, no bundle.

Checked during the time too and it only had a bundle with gamepass. Just wasn’t my lucky time oh well. At least I forced myself to accidentally have $125 I need to spend on even more game stuff now. 

edit: I mean the entire thing was bumming me out by the end and I was in a shit mood to start but I do like playing COD campaigns and I bet it looks great on the XSX so that part isn’t that bad for me.

Kinda forgot that the reason I have nothing to play on tv in my room anymore is because I used to move my ps5 back and forth and I’m not doing that with my leg now lol. Okay fine I deserve this and it’s fine it’s more expensive than I planned.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase announced for June 12
13 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

xsx.png

SUPPORT.XBOX.COM

I'm unsure if you get more via the expandable storage? But that's the default amounts.

Trying to google an answer on that looks like it shouldn’t expand it? From what I read it uses the internal for quick resume even if the game is on the expansion storage. Maybe 3 games is really just an estimate and it only depends on how much memory the games use so more than three less demanding games works? Or maybe JP IS A BIG DUMB PHONY.

If you haven’t got Ultimate Gamepass already. Buy 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold and then a 1 month subscription of UGP to auto convert the cheaper 3 years of live all to the UGP status. Now you have games for years to play and I did the above trick and cost me $5.41Cnd a month for it. Cheaper then when Blockbuster was around for a game rental and this is instant, congrats on your purchase 

14 minutes ago, silentbob said:

If you haven’t got Ultimate Gamepass already. Buy 3 years worth of Xbox Live Gold and then a 1 month subscription of UGP to auto convert the cheaper 3 years of live all to the UGP status. Now you have games for years to play and I did the above trick and cost me $5.41Cnd a month for it. Cheaper then when Blockbuster was around for a game rental and this is instant, congrats on your purchase 

Oh yeah, I’ve been on gamepass since launch, and I’m on my second round of the converting trick. I had a Xbox One X but sold that in november for like $300 or something silly to Gamestop but they didn’t have SX in stock then.

Then it was kinda hard to justify it because of the whole I have a pc thing, but now that I pulled the trigger I’m pumped to have an Xbox again soon.

I say soon because lbr fedex is 100% drop the ball somehow and I won’t be getting it sat lol

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

Oh yeah, I’ve been on gamepass since launch, and I’m on my second round of the converting trick. I had a Xbox One X but sold that in november for like $300 or something silly to Gamestop but they didn’t have SX in stock then.

Then it was kinda hard to justify it because of the whole I have a pc thing, but now that I pulled the trigger I’m pumped to have an Xbox again soon.

I say soon because lbr fedex is 100% drop the ball somehow and I won’t be getting it sat lol

True FedEx delayed my deck a day for no reason 

1 minute ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

True FedEx delayed my deck a day for no reason 

Yeah, it’s signature required, and a saturday where nobody will be in the managers office to let them through.

I have instructions with fedex to call my number so I can let them in through their delivery manager but more likely they get to the gate, see nobody is there, and say lol I tried and drive off for the Monday shift person to deliver.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

Trying to google an answer on that looks like it shouldn’t expand it? From what I read it uses the internal for quick resume even if the game is on the expansion storage. Maybe 3 games is really just an estimate and it only depends on how much memory the games use so more than three less demanding games works? Or maybe JP IS A BIG DUMB PHONY.

If you go to My Games and Apps it shows you a list of all games currently in Quick Resume, and I have 6.  Googling it I saw a few mentions of 6 games can be in Quick Resume.  

I am testing it now though, as I may have just been in opening menu's which didn't require much memory, allowing more to stay open.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

If you go to My Games and Apps it shows you a list of all games currently in Quick Resume, and I have 6.  Googling it I saw a few mentions of 6 games can be in Quick Resume.  

I am testing it now though, as I may have just been in opening menu's which didn't require much memory, allowing more to stay open.

To be clear I was kidding that you were making it up :P

That’s a good guess though, seems like it’s something that doesn’t need to be limited by 3 titles but it’s easier to say than trying get people to count memory usage.

Also seems if size is the only limitation they could open it up in the future and let you use the entire internal space for quick resume and just go ham!

So I fired up some of the better looking games, more demanding games, and it does fluctuate.  Its def more than 3, but depending on what's being fired up, it seemed to jump between 4 or 5.  So ya just depends on how much memory each game takes up.

But had Forza Hoirzon 5 (this ones a little buggy because it detects controller being unplugged), Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Flight Sim, Shadow of Tomb Raider, Halo Infinite, and it would keep 4 or 5 active.

• Thanks 1