Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

Games-With-Gold-May-1ed202ee4c9c2f5cd722
NEWS.XBOX.COM

It’s time to announce the May Games with Gold lineup! On the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, flip and bump your way thru Yoku’s Island Express, and solve mind-bending puzzles in The Inner World – The Last Wind Monk. And for our classic lineup via Backward Compatibility, race across waves in Hydro Thunder Hurricane, […]

Oh lame I thought Sonic Unleashed was 60fps which it is but also 4k. But only Sonic Generations got the res boost. :/ I’ll probably still get it since it finally should run well and does get auto hdr at least but maybe up the res on the game that doesn’t already have a 4k version next damn dillholds. 

Edit: And yes, the first game I’m buying for Series X is going to be Sonic Unleashed

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

Question in case I do get it today: I have two old external hard drives from my xbox one x loaded with games, can I just plug them into the SX and be good to go? 

They are all obviously last gen or prior games.

You plug them in but it will download the next gen update of the game so it will save some time at least I suppose.

15 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You plug them in but it will download the next gen update of the game so it will save some time at least I suppose.

I mean games that don’t have next gen versions, are those just ready to play?

Gotcha, thx. Well I got a txt it’s out for delivery so looks like it might actually happen today!

I’m going to have to beat COD quick because I imagine it takes up a huge chunk of space. Wish I could opt to download last gen versions so that I could throw them on the external for some stuff. I wish the 2tb was $200 and then I’d be okay with getting that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m going to have to beat COD quick because I imagine it takes up a huge chunk of space. Wish I could opt to download last gen versions so that I could throw them on the external for some stuff. I wish the 2tb was $200 and then I’d be okay with getting that.

I'm eagerly awaiting m.2 adapters for that expansion port. A couple people made their own, but there's no f'n way I'm paying that ridiculous price for 1tb.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

I'm eagerly awaiting m.2 adapters for that expansion port. A couple people made their own, but there's no f'n way I'm paying that ridiculous price for 1tb.

That would be fantastic and you could just put nvme gen 3 x4 drives in then yes?

Just now, stepee said:

That would be fantastic and you could just put nvme gen 3 x4 drives in then yes?

I believe XSX/XSS uses a custom m.2, so you may want a gen 4. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it maxes at 4800MB/sec, which puts it at lower-end Gen4 speeds.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I believe XSX/XSS uses a custom m.2, so you may want a gen 4. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it maxes at 4800MB/sec, which puts it at lower-end Gen4 speeds.

That still makes a 2tb affordable then once adapters hit at least. And then can upgrade that as prices drop.

The memory cards are cute though, I’ll give them that. I might get a 1tb one with the $125 in gamestop I have left and adding a bit though until then. I’ll see how it fills up but I want horizon 5 and flight simulator to remain on the drive and that’s already a lot.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

That still makes a 2tb affordable then once adapters hit at least. And then can upgrade that as prices drop.

The memory cards are cute though, I’ll give them that. I might get a 1tb one with the $125 in gamestop I have left and adding a bit though until then. I’ll see how it fills up but I want horizon 5 and flight simulator to remain on the drive and that’s already a lot.

The 1tb is still over $200, isn't it? (Do they even make a 2tb?)

@stepee

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Support PCIE4.0 protocol, Up to 32G bandwidth, double the bandwidth of PCIE3.0. 1 x Hard Drive Conversion Box. Exquisite and compact, easy to carry. 200x90x180cm Foldable Travel Camping Mosquito Fly Net Insect Tent Indoor Outdoor.

Please Guinea pig. Thank you in advance. 

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

@stepee

s-l400.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Support PCIE4.0 protocol, Up to 32G bandwidth, double the bandwidth of PCIE3.0. 1 x Hard Drive Conversion Box. Exquisite and compact, easy to carry. 200x90x180cm Foldable Travel Camping Mosquito Fly Net Insect Tent Indoor Outdoor.

Please Guinea pig. Thank you in advance. 

ehhh maybe I would if I didn’t have to buy the hard drive also, someone else who already has a gen4 laying around needs to :P

I looked and the 1tb is fucking $220, I thought it was like $175.

It's been on sale before for under $200, but ya it sucks.  I like the external form factor cause I do take it to my parents house at times where I have a Series S, so easy way to bring over my most played games without dealing with updating over there.

Supposedly it was only a limited time exclusivity deal with Seagate and MS to make external drives, so hopefully we see other 3rd parties start making some drives and getting the price down.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

It's been on sale before for under $200, but ya it sucks.  I like the external form factor cause I do take it to my parents house at times where I have a Series S, so easy way to bring over my most played games without dealing with updating over there.

Supposedly it was only a limited time exclusivity deal with Seagate and MS to make external drives, so hopefully we see other 3rd parties start making some drives and getting the price down.

Didn't even realize there was an exclusivity deal. How fucking dumb is that, make an exclusivity deal artificially bumping up the price to expand storage aka creating an obstacle for players to buy/play more games on the system. DID YOU NOT SEE THE VITA, MS?

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Didn't even realize there was an exclusivity deal. How fucking dumb is that, make an exclusivity deal artificially bumping up the price to expand storage aka creating an obstacle for players to buy/play more games on the system. DID YOU NOT SEE THE VITA, MS?

If there wasn't a deal in place we would have seen other companies with their own by now.  It's a shitty part of the business and one I would have hoped Microsoft would have moved away from, but evidently not.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

It was theorized to be a year, but apparently that's wrong or it got renewed/extended. :sadsun:

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

Would've made more sense for MSFT, to... I dunno... have a port that flips open or an included "box" that pulls out which you can put your own m.2 in

Also a side note, Microsoft has added Cloud Gaming to the console itself.  So if you are browsing games on Game Pass or have games you own that have Cloud support, you can try them out without downloading and taking up storage space.

@ARZi know just plays quite a few games without ever downloading them now when we talk about co-op games .   So if it's a game you don't necessarily know if you want to download, can go that route as well.

2 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Also a side note, Microsoft has added Cloud Gaming to the console itself.  So if you are browsing games on Game Pass or have games you own that have Cloud support, you can try them out without downloading and taking up storage space.

@ARZi know just plays quite a few games without ever downloading them now when we talk about co-op games .   So if it's a game you don't necessarily know if you want to download, can go that route as well.

Yeah that’s one thing I wanted to use as well when buying it, I’ll have it hard connected to ethernet too.