Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

25 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is it down again, I was playing Halo maybe an hour ago with no issues.

I honestly can't remember last time Xbox has been down.  Stepee really is bad luck.

I honestly think it might be due to the Fortnite stuff.  That must have added a lot of traffic to Xbox Live and the cloud services.  Azure should be able to scale easily to handle it but may have caused other issues.

The timing is quite coincidental, I’m just surprised that many people would be jumping on since there are already a bunch of ways to play it.

20 minutes ago, stepee said:

The timing is quite coincidental, I’m just surprised that many people would be jumping on since there are already a bunch of ways to play it.

There wasn't really a way to play it on any iOS device though.  My nephews used to largely play on their iPad Mini's before it got blocked.

No clue what kind of demand would be, but I don't doubt Fortnite could throw some huge numbers pretty quick.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Can't even play my single player offline games smdh.

If its set as your Home Xbox, unplug it from the Intenet.  It thinks its online and trying to authenticate, but if you unplug it and its offline, it may play Single player offline games.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Was there ever an official, or verified but anonymous source to say what caused XBL and access to games to be down for 48 hours? 

I don’t think so. Whatever it was also made even offline games not work the way the drm is actually supposed to work, I feel like whatever it is they don’t want out for some reason. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: Xbox Games Showcase announced for June 12, Showcase Extended announced for June 14
12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd get a Samsung TV if they'd finally just support Dolby Vision instead of insisting on HDR10+ which barely has any support :nerd:

It’s really weird, they are just making themselves not an option for enthusiasts to save like 80 cents or whatever.

57 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s really weird, they are just making themselves not an option for enthusiasts to save like 80 cents or whatever.

I'd like to switch to a QD-OLED, but hopefully LG releases one in the next couple of years (or Micro LED goes mainstream)

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd like to switch to a QD-OLED, but hopefully LG releases one in the next couple of years (or Micro LED goes mainstream)

That’s what I think I want to get next year, hoping Sony’s is good as that will have DV and Im not buying a tv without it that’s insane.