Xbox Series X | S OT - Power Your Dreams, update: FTC case unredacted documents leaked, including XSX mid-generation refresh, new gyro/haptic-enabled controller, and next-generation plans for 2028

Pikachu

10 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

I think they ended up making it so not all Series X/S games need to run off the internal if they weren't designed to run off the SSD to help with storage space.  Multiplayer games where you are typically waiting for other people to load as well I think may not be required.

I guess I won’t complain since this is a net positive, but I wish they just had a symbol or some little way to tell. Already I feel I have a better library of “XSX” games loaded up than “ps5” games loaded up, which seemed like I was swapping stuff around after a week.

4 hours ago, stepee said:

I guess I won’t complain since this is a net positive, but I wish they just had a symbol or some little way to tell. Already I feel I have a better library of “XSX” games loaded up than “ps5” games loaded up, which seemed like I was swapping stuff around after a week.

Ya, it was for Back Compat games that got next gen patches.  If you start the game off your external and it requires an update and moves to the internal, I think that means it needs to be there. If not, it should just update on the External.

Really dig quick resume for bouncing in to sports games real quick. MS getting basic all sports games (i’m sure fifa will come soon) on game pass also helps with that!

Also I hadn’t played NBA2K current gen yet and damnnnnn that is crazy looking. The skin shaders are great.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Really dig quick resume for bouncing in to sports games real quick. MS getting basic all sports games (i’m sure fifa will come soon) on game pass also helps with that!

Also I hadn’t played NBA2K current gen yet and damnnnnn that is crazy looking. The skin shaders are great.

Quick Resume is great, but still has issues with online games.  I typically focus on 1 Single Player, and rotate around multiplayer games.  Too many multiplayer games struggle with how to deal with it.  

8 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Quick Resume is great, but still has issues with online games.  I typically focus on 1 Single Player, and rotate around multiplayer games.  Too many multiplayer games struggle with how to deal with it.  

Luckily I don’t play much online, but I guess all that would save you is the loading to the menu then right?

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

:o

It’s on gamepass so you can check it yourself right now :P

In other news this let me cancel my subscription to geforce now 3080 tier. Great service, love the idea of taking my pc library in the cloud, but they have to find a way to remove the need for publisher approval like Shadow does or something. The library additions are weak and it seems to get worse with time not better as it misses more and more new games.

This is a much better solution for bedroom tv gaming for multiple other reasons though of course, just a little overkill lol but wharevas.

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 2:02 PM, stepee said:

I guess I won’t complain since this is a net positive, but I wish they just had a symbol or some little way to tell. 

There is a symbol that tells you a game has to be installed internally to be played. It's the two arrows symbol.

spacer.png

I have Borderlands 3 installed on my external HDD and it has this symbol that implies that I need to transfer it internally or to my memory card to play it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The def star said:

There is a symbol that tells you a game has to be installed internally to be played. It's the two arrows symbol.

spacer.png

I have Borderlands 3 installed on my external HDD and it has this symbol that implies that I need to transfer it internally or to my memory card to play it.

That is helpful, thank you! That doesn’t show when browsing the store though or if already installed on internal right? 

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

That is helpful, thank you! That doesn’t show when browsing the store though or if already installed on internal right? 

It will only display when a game is on your external HDD. So if you see that symbol when looking at your downloaded games it means it needs to be transferred to your internal drive to be able to launch it. 

3 minutes ago, The def star said:

It will only display when a game is on your external HDD. So if you see that symbol when looking at your downloaded games it means it needs to be transferred to your internal drive to be able to launch it. 

Actually I notice Ori 2 has that symbol and it still launches just fine so idk if even that is accurate!

Its just like I didn’t have enough space to install Madden, and I wanted to play Madden, so I figured I’d try to see if NBA2K22 would run off the external. It did not so I had to move it out and find some other stuff to delete to install Madden. Since I’m going to be cleaning the fridge a lot it would be nice to see what works off external without having to move it first to see. 

Im probably going to get more storage really soon even if i get ripped off. I think I can work with it if I have another gb but there are some things I’m going to want to stay on the hard drive. I don’t want to remove Madden, Flight Simulator, NBA, or Horizon 5, and I want COD on for a bit, and that’s like 700gb there.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Actually I notice Ori 2 has that symbol and it still launches just fine so idk if even that is accurate!

Its just like I didn’t have enough space to install Madden, and I wanted to play Madden, so I figured I’d try to see if NBA2K22 would run off the external. It did not so I had to move it out and find some other stuff to delete to install Madden. Since I’m going to be cleaning the fridge a lot it would be nice to see what works off external without having to move it first to see. 

Im probably going to get more storage really soon even if i get ripped off. I think I can work with it if I have another gb but there are some things I’m going to want to stay on the hard drive. I don’t want to remove Madden, Flight Simulator, NBA, or Horizon 5, and I want COD on for a bit, and that’s like 700gb there.

Do you have two copies of Ori on your xbox and your external?

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

Do you have two copies of Ori on your xbox and your external?

Na it’s weird, it doesn’t show up if I filter to only show internal, only does on the external drive. I loaded it and played it and it does 6k or 120.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Na it’s weird, it doesn’t show up if I filter to only show internal, only does on the external drive. I loaded it and played it and it does 6k or 120.

I just transferred Ori 2 to my external and I don't have that symbol showing up for it. That's probably why you can launch it from the external. Weird that it's showing it for you.

36 minutes ago, The def star said:

I just transferred Ori 2 to my external and I don't have that symbol showing up for it. That's probably why you can launch it from the external. Weird that it's showing it for you.

Yeah I just double checked again to make sure I’m not losing my mind and that symbol is definitely there so strange.

I might just put in $100 to my gift card money and get the stupid fucking 1tb card lol.

Edit: They had 1 in stock at my local gamestop so I just ordered it to pick up after work. It was either that or continue to bitch about space on here all weekend!

@Spork3245 feel free to ridicule me :P

Both Odyssey and Valhalla are on sale about the same price on the Xbox store and I’m thinking some AC in bed sounds nice and they are actually cross save and could play split between pc/xbox if I get into one.

I think both are 4kish 60fps on XSX now. Does Valhalla look a lot better than Odyssey or is it about the same now that it’s 60fps? 

Anyone try that Valhalla God or War expansion? I was also thinking maybe just getting that or the combo pack. 

Or there was a Watch Dogs Legion bundle with Valhalla for only $30 that seems like a good deal and I could play that pc/xbox too.

Any opinions here for some ubi Xbox playin?

48 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I just double checked again to make sure I’m not losing my mind and that symbol is definitely there so strange.

I might just put in $100 to my gift card money and get the stupid fucking 1tb card lol.

Edit: They had 1 in stock at my local gamestop so I just ordered it to pick up after work. It was either that or continue to bitch about space on here all weekend!

FF8-A0-AEB-6-F23-4-CC9-9-E06-BE61-A35-BF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

I own a 1TB and 2TB card, ya'll can ridicule me instead.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Both Odyssey and Valhalla are on sale about the same price on the Xbox store and I’m thinking some AC in bed sounds nice and they are actually cross save and could play split between pc/xbox if I get into one.

I think both are 4kish 60fps on XSX now. Does Valhalla look a lot better than Odyssey or is it about the same now that it’s 60fps? 

Anyone try that Valhalla God or War expansion? I was also thinking maybe just getting that or the combo pack. 

Or there was a Watch Dogs Legion bundle with Valhalla for only $30 that seems like a good deal and I could play that pc/xbox too.

Any opinions here for some ubi Xbox playin?

There are a lot of rumors around Ubisoft+ coming to Game Pass soon.  So depending on how quickly you want to play them, may be worth holding on.  I'd assume on sale they must be pretty cheap by now.

Valhalla looked quite a bit better than Odyssey or Origins, but all still looked pretty good.

If you want to know what needs to be installed where, if you go to File Info while under Manage Game, about 75% of the way down, it has a line saying Gen9, or Gen9Aware.  If it's Gen9 needs to be on Internal.  If it's Gen9Aware can play off external.

Not idea but one quick way to find out.

2 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:

If you want to know what needs to be installed where, if you go to File Info while under Manage Game, about 75% of the way down, it has a line saying Gen9, or Gen9Aware.  If it's Gen9 needs to be on Internal.  If it's Gen9Aware can play off external.

Not idea but one quick way to find out.

Ahhhh that’s what I was looking for, ty!

For games I ended up going for Valhalla since I realized I started that on Ubi Plus but don’t actually own that one so now I will. Also it was $36 with Legion so I figured I could fool around with that too.  

Paid for it and got the notification that my paypal was charged and that was when it became apparent Xbox Live was down and I couldn’t access them or download.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Ahhhh that’s what I was looking for, ty!

For games I ended up going for Valhalla since I realized I started that on Ubi Plus but don’t actually own that one so now I will. Also it was $36 with Legion so I figured I could fool around with that too.  

Paid for it and got the notification that my paypal was charged and that was when it became apparent Xbox Live was down and I couldn’t access them or download.

Damn Fortnite on the cloud brought XBL down to its knees?

Just now, JPDunks4 said:

Damn Fortnite on the cloud brought XBL down to its knees?

I guess it’s been having issues for like 6 hours! Cloud gaming is down too so maybe! 

Idk how it even let me purchase it if it was already having issues.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I guess it’s been having issues for like 6 hours! Cloud gaming is down too so maybe! 

Idk how it even let me purchase it if it was already having issues.

I've seen people on playing Halo, so is it all Xbox Liive, or certain region?

Xbox was restored this morning and my order got sorted out so that’s good, downloading hella shit now. I’m glad that I got the 1tb expansion honestly, it really opened up how much shit I can have on here to check out more so than it seemed.

Besides really being like twice the space + 200gb it’s like I was thinking that those big heavy sports/racing games take such a huge chunk and I don’t want to part with them but additional games won’t take up so much space each. So as far as games installed it’s like several times more with this.

Im not so concerned about storage overall now. I think once I can grab a reasonably priced 2tb which shouldn’t be too long from now, I’ll just keep all the sports stuff on this expansion card, and I think that’ll carry me on this until whatever refresh.

Is it down again, I was playing Halo maybe an hour ago with no issues.

I honestly can't remember last time Xbox has been down.  Stepee really is bad luck.

I honestly think it might be due to the Fortnite stuff.  That must have added a lot of traffic to Xbox Live and the cloud services.  Azure should be able to scale easily to handle it but may have caused other issues.

• Sad 1