New USPS changes from the new Trump appointed Postmaster General seem designed to just destroy the post office

I had a package shipped to me. USPS said the package couldn’t be delivered though no reason why and obviously I am home all day. Called USPS a day later to get an update. I am told the package is now missing. Nothing important was in the package. Just some birthday gifts for my daughter.  Package was uninsured though. I will make sure to insure my packages moving forward. 

17 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I had a package shipped to me. USPS said the package couldn’t be delivered though no reason why and obviously I am home all day. Called USPS a day later to get an update. I am told the package is now missing. Nothing important was in the package. Just some birthday gifts for my daughter.  Package was uninsured though. I will make sure to insure my packages moving forward. 

If this follows my experiences of the past 6-ish weeks, your package will magically reappear and be moving on tracking in 7-10 days and arrive 2-weeks after it was supposed to.

I still have things arrive “on time”, but (anecdotally) it seems to be dependent on what states it has to move through first. 

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If this follows my experiences of the past 6-ish weeks, your package will magically reappear and be moving on tracking in 7-10 days and arrive 2-weeks after it was supposed to.

I still have things arrive “on time”, but (anecdotally) it seems to be dependent on what states it has to move through first. 

I had something show up yesterday that said delivered by USPS that never showed up on Informed Delivery, yet I'm now 2 for 2 on packages this week that have gone from "out for delivery" to "available for pickup". So whatever the problem on my end is it's definitely about something local and not what state it's coming to me from--one AWOL package originated in New Mexico and the other originated in the same county I live in.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I had something show up yesterday that said delivered by USPS that never showed up on Informed Delivery, yet I'm now 2 for 2 on packages this week that have gone from "out for delivery" to "available for pickup". So whatever the problem on my end is it's definitely about something local and not what state it's coming to me from--one AWOL package originated in New Mexico and the other originated in the same county I live in.

Cali is one of my suspected “trouble” areas alongside Georgia and Indiana.

44 minutes ago, Jason said:

Awesome. :/We're not a swing state so presumably this is just to fuck with us since Trump hates California.

It’s completely anecdotal. I think it more-likely (if true) has to do with the volume of packages and what-not flowing through as opposed to targeting specific states. ie: the average person’s mail or packages coming to RI get delayed because they go through GA, they lose faith in USPS and think it being privatized is a “good thing”.
You slow down just a few states, all mail in the country is affected.

Also, all of my mail and packages from Monday-Wednesday this week finally arrived today...but the mail that was showing in Informed Delivery as arriving today didn't. Which seems like it probably tracks with what we've been seeing about them forcing the mail trucks to go out exactly on schedule regardless of how much has been loaded onto them instead of holding the trucks until they've finished loading them.

5 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Oversight meetings??? Cmon, who do you think she is?? The Speaker of the House? She's got no time for that.

It really is amazing though how she's so adept at gaining power yet apparently views it solely as a fundraising booster. 

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was mowing my lawn earlier and this white dude who is not my regular postman came up to me without a mask on to hand deliver a package to me. Wtf!!!!!

Trump reads this forum. He knows what you’ve been saying about him. That was a “special” delivery

:o 

• Shocked 1