New USPS changes from the new Trump appointed Postmaster General seem designed to just destroy the post office

I always find it so frustrating dealing with mail in other countries and I always appreciated that when I sent something here, you just expect it to get there. Way to ruin Ben Franklin's invention, very patriotic. Also the concept that it must turn a profit is so stupid and C Suite moron. It's a service we pay for, it's NOT a business. They want to take our money, inventions, and services, and make money off of them cutting a slice for themselves when they've added nothing.

5 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

I always find it so frustrating dealing with mail in other countries and I always appreciated that when I sent something here, you just expect it to get there. Way to ruin Ben Franklin's invention, very patriotic. Also the concept that it must turn a profit is so stupid and C Suite moron. It's a service we pay for, it's NOT a business. They want to take our money, inventions, and services, and make money off of them cutting a slice for themselves when they've added nothing.

What other countries and what problems did you have?

7 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

The thing is... USPS was turning a substantial profit until the GOP freaked out about a government institution working well and had W sign a bill requiring the USPS to fund retirement plans 75 years in advance... you know, for future workers that haven’t even been born yet.

14 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

Capitalists in a nut shell.

In my experience USPS is amazing. Haven't tried anything recently with them. I think Japan Post is still closed so my packages for figures arrive via DHL. The USPS would even delivery my packages on Sunday if it arrived in time for delivery.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The thing is... USPS was turning a substantial profit until the GOP freaked out about a government institution working well and had W sign a bill requiring the USPS to fund retirement plans 75 years in advance... you know, for future workers that haven’t even been born yet.

Gotta find a BS reason for capitalists to take it over and stack paper at our expense.

Over half of the states will not accept ballots that arrive back to the polling centers after the election date, even if the ballot was postmarked in time.  

This obviously needs to change.  I figure quite a few blue states will alter their laws in the next few months to allow properly post marked ballots to still count.  I doubt many red states will do the same.  

19 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Over half of the states will not accept ballots that arrive back to the polling centers after the election date, even if the ballot was postmarked in time.  

This obviously needs to change.  I figure quite a few blue states will alter their laws in the next few months to allow properly post marked ballots to still count.  I doubt many red states will do the same.  

That's fucking ridiculous.