Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm not sucking up. Skillz is a good dude who I respect and I'm happy he is enjoying the game. I wish I was more like him and didn't use reviews and user impressions to see if I like a game or not. 

Like Armored Core 6?

Just now, Biggie said:

Like Armored Core 6?

See, that's a good point. But reviews did mention it was difficult so that was a big mess for me. What I usually do is take easy allies and IGN review scores and average that out to what the game is score wise. Usually reviews help me out in picking my games. 

Turned off RT since it’s just reflections and while it looks nice it’s not noticeable enough compared to playing these multi story firefights at 100+ fps. Normally I don’t like to do so but the gain is too dramatic here. I’ can do the post game content later with RT back once framegen is in anyway.

• Halal 1

Also while the loot system doesn’t make sense to me yet I will say i really like how the skill system is done. Mainly, that strength, firepower, and traversal skills are separated so you don’t have to choose between which type to upgrade. I’m always going to drop my points as much as possible to anything traversal related so it’s nice being able to add some to the other types here.

Boomerang’s traversal really is pretty damn good and impressive that it works as well as it does. Gotham Knights tried a similar mechanic and it didn’t work nearly as well. Though I guess that is the case with all the traversal types actually. To make that kind of instant zip feel good is quite something.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Boomerang’s traversal really is pretty damn good and impressive that it works as well as it does. Gotham Knights tried a similar mechanic and it didn’t work nearly as well. Though I guess that is the case with all the traversal types actually. To make that kind of instant zip feel good is quite something.

Boomerang's IS similar to Robin's in Gotham Knights... right!

11 hours ago, stepee said:

Turned off RT since it’s just reflections and while it looks nice it’s not noticeable enough compared to playing these multi story firefights at 100+ fps. Normally I don’t like to do so but the gain is too dramatic here. I’ can do the post game content later with RT back once framegen is in anyway.

Is this running on UE4 with half-assed RT integration like Gotham Knights?

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is it more GotG or Gotham Knights? I love GotG and hated Gotham Knights.  Y’all are confusing the fuck out of me with these comparisons 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I would say Gotham Knights. The character quality and dialog and cinematics are more GOTG but the gameplay loops is definitely more Gotham Knights. It plays a lot different than GK though, it plays a lot like Crackdown imo.

8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is it more GotG or Gotham Knights? I love GotG and hated Gotham Knights.  Y’all are confusing the fuck out of me with these comparisons 

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Definitely more GOTG. 

I would say Gotham Knights. The character quality and dialog and cinematics are more GOTG but the gameplay loops is definitely more Gotham Knights. It plays a lot different than GK though, it plays a lot like Crackdown imo.

Yeah but like GOTG you always have your A.I. COntrolled teammates with you and they are constantly quipping and talking to each other like GOTG and it's VERY entertaining. Gotham Knights isn't like that. Unless you're playing co-op, you're playing solo.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Definitely more GOTG. 

1 minute ago, stepee said:

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office
:p

fuck it. I’ll buy it and hope for GotG

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brian said:

Season 8 Wtf GIF by The Office
:p

fuck it. I’ll buy it and hope for GotG

lol skillz isn’t wrong but he’s talking about a different aspect of the game. I was more referring to the actual gameplay loop of being in an open city repeating activities vs the linear explore different locations in a straight line loop of GOTG

• True 1

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I revised my post :lol: It's definitely more GOTG than Gotham Knights to me... I loved both of those games though, but this and Gotham had a deeper gameplay than Guardians.

You playing on Xbox? Performance ok?

About what you’d expect. I have to say I was surprised when I saw the size and scale of the open world here - John is right that it is impressive they managed to get this going at all on UE4 but damn is it a shame that it had to be on that engine. Surely trying to squeeze this into UE4 was a big part of what took so long.

Traversal stutter for everyone as is no surprise though I am impressed they got consoles hitting 60fps as much as they do, should be pretty good with vrr! 

I don’t really notice the shader comp he mentioned for pc, only the traversal stutter, but it’s possible I’ve played enough now I’ve compiled whatever shaders they missed, or just it’s that my cpu is a decent bit better. 

He’s definitely right that you just need to turn off the RT, that won’t be visible until either they or someone else patches frame gen in.

Overall, better than I expected especially for the consoles but my performance expectations were very low!

He also mentions that despite the repetition he is also enjoying the game as well!

13 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ll wait 6-ish weeks for it to be $30-40 on spring sales 

Should hopefully have a frame gen mod or something by then too!

Wish I cared even remotely about any of these characters, same with Gotham knights... Two games with chars I just got nothing for else id happily try it, maybe in a dirt cheap sale.

Rocksteady needs to remaster the batman games like yesterday 

• Halal 1

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So they next level above Legendary loot is Notorious. I guess there' one more above that as well.

EDIT: This game really is hilarious... King Shark may be a Drax ripoff but he's got some GREAT lines. I wonder if some of the same writers worked on both games. :mthinking:

lol yeah I was about to post that one thing games are usually all terrible at is being actually funny, this game is actually funny and quite often. King Shark is just the best and getting the deluxe edition was worth it for him in the Superman costume.

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, stepee said:

King Shark is just the best and getting the deluxe edition was worth it for him in the Superman costume.

Yeah ever since you said that, that's what I have him wearing :lol:

39 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Waiting on the fo-mofos to play this and have near instant buyers remorse. Hard to imagine Rocksteady shooting blanks in the DC Universe though. Maybe theyre burned out on that world

This is the one thing you shouldn't be worried about. The writing in this and their take on the DCU is fresh and original... again I;m suprised they were allowed to do a lot of the shit in this game they are doing. If yoy're a DCU fan or a fan of the Arkhamverse you won't be dissappointed. The weakest aspect of the game to me is all of the Live service shit. The story and world is as good as anything Rocksteady has done in the past. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@eventide11 Rocksteady has gone DEEP in the DC lore in this game. Their take on the DCU is approaching Insominiac's take on the Spidey-verse. The story here is REALLY good. I've been playing this whole time :p

Both Rocksteady and NetherRealm Studios have had Timm-verse quality story telling and love for DC in their games. I wouldn’t expect anything less from this game and it’s the only reason alongside Kevin Conroy that I’ll definitely be purchasing Suicide Squad :sun:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Both Rocksteady and NetherRealm Studios have had Timm-verse quality story telling and love for DC in their games. I wouldn’t expect anything less from this game and it’s the only reason alongside Kevin Conroy that I’ll definitely be purchasing Suicide Squad :sun:

Whooboy... I ended up playing this game till two in the morning. The story is bonkers... story spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

So I killed the Flash, which prompts Boomer to whip his dick out and start pissing on him... apparently he's packing because the rest of the squad were pretty impressed prompting King Shark to say "It makes sense... the God's have clearly cursed you in other ways :lol: 

After that, killed Green Lantern which then prompted and extended sequence where the Squad has to protect a wounded Amanda Waller who is driving an Ice Cream Truck while Superman and Wonder Woman fight to the death overhead :o

This game is crazier than Injustice... kudos to DC for letting Rocksteady play with their toys like this. I can TOTALLY see a lot of comic fans not being happy with this game and its treatment of some of the characters. I'm loving it though. The boss fights so far are ver creative and REALLY makes me want to see what Rocksteady could do with a proper JLA game. I did experience some pretty extreme slow down during one of the fights which wasn't surprising considering all of the crazy shit that was going on on screen but the game started to chug at old school SNES levels :p Didn't last long at all and besides the one crash I experienced the other day, those are the only technical bugs I experienced. 

Reviews be damned... pick this game up when its on sale if you don't want to pay full price... I STILL feel like the looter and Live service stuff is unnecessary and holds the game back but not to the extent of ruining the experience. Shame this game didn't stand a chance out the gate.

• True 1

lol I just got to the first part of your spoiler, so good

I can’t wait to see where this all goes and Im curious with the live service stuff how much of the story will be left hanging.

About to head to Vegas for the week tho so I won’t get to play until next week besides maybe some grinding on deck but I wouldn’t want to play any main story stuff there with how it runs.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I can’t wait to see where this all goes and Im curious with the live service stuff how much of the story will be left hanging.

About to head to Vegas for the week tho so I won’t get to play until next week besides maybe some grinding on deck but I wouldn’t want to play any main story stuff there with how it runs.

Jesus. How long are you in Vegas? That is awesome. 

16 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah ever since you said that, that's what I have him wearing :lol:

This is the one thing you shouldn't be worried about. The writing in this and their take on the DCU is fresh and original... again I;m suprised they were allowed to do a lot of the shit in this game they are doing. If yoy're a DCU fan or a fan of the Arkhamverse you won't be dissappointed. The weakest aspect of the game to me is all of the Live service shit. The story and world is as good as anything Rocksteady has done in the past. 

Well that's definitely reassuring. But I'm still gonna wait for a sale or gamepass etc

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was in Vegas last summer for my birthday for the Spence/Crawford fight. Had one of the best steak's I've ever had in my life that weekend. I forget what restaurant it was... Delmonico's I think?

How does this game run on the deck? Can't run well can it?