Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

On 2/9/2024 at 11:19 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

This game's story man :p I haven't laughed this much since the Guardians game. I'm in the end game now having beat the main campaign... in addition to The Joker, and

Reveal hidden contents

who has been leaked apparently, I suspect the other two DLC characters will be Killer Croc and Peacemaker. Can't think of who another female character would be that would fit this game except for Cheshire maybe.

poison ivy could probably vine whip herself around. Cheetah could do big cat jumps and running up walls. 

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

poison ivy could probably vine whip herself around. Cheetah could do big cat jumps and running up walls. 

based on leaks and the characters in shadow in the content road map, here's the characters I think we're getting besides The Joker.

Spoiler

Mr. Freeze and Hack in her physical body

and I'm not sure the third one.

This whole time I’ve been looking forward to coming back to Shark - I forgot how damn good the other characters, especially Deadshot, are too. Also DAMN this is a good looking game, it doesn’t get enough props for its city design. I feel even DF kinda glossed over how dense and layered it is. Like AK looks amazing for its time but it’s all quite quaint in comparison. I feel like Shark would jump across that map in one leap.

• Halal 2

25 minutes ago, stepee said:

This whole time I’ve been looking forward to coming back to Shark - I forgot how damn good the other characters, especially Deadshot, are too. Also DAMN this is a good looking game, it doesn’t get enough props for its city design. I feel even DF kinda glossed over how dense and layered it is. Like AK looks amazing for its time but it’s all quite quaint in comparison. I feel like Shark would jump across that map in one leap.

Yeah it's a pretty game and all of the characters play really well. I think my preference in order is Deadshot>King Shark> Boomerang>Harley. All are good though. The other thing I like is that each character can rock each class of weapon. Harley can use a Heavy Machine gun and Shark can use sniper rifles if you want.  The Draw distance in the open world is REALLY impressive though... something all of these games do really well, inluding Gotham Knights. ANOTHER game that got unfairly shat on.

42 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah it's a pretty game and all of the characters play really well. I think my preference in order is Deadshot>King Shark> Boomerang>Harley. All are good though. The other thing I like is that each character can rock each class of weapon. Harley can use a Heavy Machine gun and Shark can use sniper rifles if you want.  The Draw distance in the open world is REALLY impressive though... something all of these games do really well, inluding Gotham Knights. ANOTHER game that got unfairly shat on.

And here the draw distance really helps with these crazy large scale battles that take place over multiple city blocks sometimes. It can feel like nothing else when you are moving around because of that scale. Too bad for the developers it wasn’t named something else.

Edit: Well, in this case their own name probably hurt this one’s reception the most 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

And here the draw distance really helps with these crazy large scale battles that take place over multiple city blocks sometimes. It can feel like nothing else when you are moving around because of that scale. Too bad for the developers it wasn’t named something else.

Yeah sometimes enemy snipers are sso far away you're like damn, how am I even registering on their radar! I beat the campaign and am taking a break, hopping on every now and then to level up my other squadmates. Deadshot is my highest leveled character so far.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Edit: Well, in this case their own name probably hurt this one’s reception the most 

I didn't realize the battles would be that big! I'm even more excited to eventually play it.

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It was but I thought it was one of the easier ones.

Jeeze, it took me like 5 tries :P

But I often play games on easy and I’m playing this one on standard. I thought the next boss was way easier!

Still pretty early on, but the game seems competent. Rocksteady is great with the DC property. I’m enjoying the setting and story. Combat is guns go brrrrrr. It’s fine. Not bad enough for me to stop playing but not good enough for me to sink an hour at a time. 

• Thanks 1

Beat this last night! Awesome game, shame it got the reception it did both before and after launch. It’s just constantly FUN to play. I did all of the side missions I saw in addition to the main story and tons of time spent mindlessly shooting shit all around the city.

The story was great throughout and definitely a lot more enjoyable than the movies imo. It’s also often a very funny game and video games are so rarely actually funny.  

I’ll definitely play the additional actual content they release and will be keeping it installed for awhile for quick gunfight fixes. I love just playing this game. Looking forward to Joker!

• Halal 1

At this point I’ll just hope for the following:

1) Rocksteady doesn’t get closed down 

2) We still get at least one other of the planned dlc characters after Joker

3) When they shut off the online servers they patch the game to make it fully playable offline so that people can still play it in the future as there is already a super fun game here for people who like crackdown style games to eventually discover down the line.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

3) When they shut off the online servers they patch the game to make it fully playable offline so that people can still play it in the future as there is already a super fun game here for people who like crackdown style games to eventually discover down the line.

Yes I want to play this sp only on gamepass please. 

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Help them out by buying everyone a copy 

:sickos:

• Sad 1
  • True 1
  • Hype 2

6 hours ago, stepee said:

From the company that shelves whole finished movies you are certainly expecting a lot here. :p

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...