Petulant manchild and very stable genius throws tantrum after his business isn't declared essential.

• Jason changed the title to Petulant manchild and very stable genius throws tantrum after his business isn't declared essential.
2 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

Ok I'm tired, I skimmed the article about the kids name, but did I miss the part about how to pronounce his name? "X Æ A-12 Musk". The hell am I looking at here?

X 'ash' A-12, according to him on Rogan this week. Really boring interview where he claimed COVID patients who die of shark attacks are being counted as COVID deaths. 

22 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

X 'ash' A-12, according to him on Rogan this week. Really boring interview where he claimed COVID patients who die of shark attacks are being counted as COVID deaths. 

Speaking of people that need to stay in their fucking lane, here's Elon...

On 5/11/2020 at 8:05 PM, SimpleG said:

The deification of Musk makes me wretch, he's another rich ass clown that on rare occasions has a good moment of humanity.

How about his vision for our future is good, but he, as a person now, is crap? :sun:

1 minute ago, SimpleG said:

If there wasn’t money to be made from his vision he wouldn’t give a shit about it.

Oh, I don't know that to be true. I'll admit up front that I am no Elon Musk biographer, but my general read is that he is an opinionated man child that has a fixed vision that involves space and little else. Has he said things in the past that suggest he cares more for money than Mars? 

5 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh, I don't know that to be true. I'll admit up front that I am no Elon Musk biographer, but my general read is that he is an opinionated man child that has a fixed vision that involves space and little else. Has he said things in the past that suggest he cares more for money than Mars? 

Strictly Mars ? I can’t point to anything 

But this thread points to his greed and I would feel confident in the opinion that this isn’t a one off .

20 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Strictly Mars ? I can’t point to anything 

But this thread points to his greed and I would feel confident in the opinion that this isn’t a one off .

See, my take is that its not so much greed, as it is an all consuming ambition. laden with far too much ego.  In other words, I think he has a singular vision of what he wants to achieve and sees any halt to it as a "myopic" resistance to his grand vision. It always seemed to me that his more terrestrial pursuits were simply engines to fuel his grander plans.

43 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

If there wasn’t money to be made from his vision he wouldn’t give a shit about it.

I disagree, at least when it comes to space exploration.  The reason SpaceX exists is because when Musk went to Russia in the early 2000s to ask to buy a rocket to send a private probe to Mars, they laughed at him.  Apparently that motivated him enough to create the company.  Money has never been his primary goal with that company.  I truly believe his singular goal is to make humanity a multiplanetary species.  

Tesla though?  That's his personal money printing machine.