~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

The president unveiled a plan to governors to reopen the country, ABC News learned.

The state leaders were instructed that they could move through the guidelines at their own pace and that the guidelines are not formal orders from the federal government, according to a person familiar with the call.

"Phase one" calls on employers to telework where possible, return to work in phases, minimize non-essential travel and make accommodations for the vulnerable populations within the workforce. It calls on all vulnerable individuals to "shelter in place," and when in public, all individuals should continue social distancing.

However, a critical piece to this is the "gating criteria" that all states and regions should achieve before they can move on to phase one. This includes a "downward trajectory" of reported "influenza-like illnesses," "covid-like syndromic cases" and "documented cases" or "positive tests as a percent of total tests" within a 14-day period, as well as the ability for hospitals to "treat all patients without crisis care" and have a "robust testing program in place for at-risk healthcare workers, including emerging antibody testing."

In "phase two," non-essential travel for employers can resume. Schools and organized youth activity can reopen. Bars, gyms and large venues can reopen with proper social distancing measures in places. Churches can open with social distancing. Elective surgeries can resume.

The third phase says bars, gyms and large venues can reopen with limited social distancing and proper sanitation.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's fine and all, we still need a lot lot lot of testing.

That's great though @sblfilms is that gonna be enough to tide you over for a while?

We are OK for the next 4 months between the bit of reserves we had started to build again and the loan. Main question is when do the theaters actually start doing any kind of business to at least cover expenses. Still going to keep going down the path for the larger EID loan which is larger and longer term, but not forgivable like the PPP. Just happy to have some breathing room for a good while!

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That's fine and all, we still need a lot lot lot of testing.

That's great though @sblfilms is that gonna be enough to tide you over for a while?

THIS. None of that shit achievable or possible without adequate testing and he's still putting the onus of testing on the states without guaranteeing they will have the funds and resources to do the test on the scale needed. Some States (red ones) are gonna rush to open up and start a second wave of this. Also there's no national coordination so all of the states are flying solo... which is why we're seeing these coalitions form amongst states in the same region. Trump leaving it up to The States gives him cover because when a State opens up, and there is the unavoidable spike in infections, he can blame that State's Governor.

I was looking through the SBA’s documentation on the distribution of PPP funds and roughly 50% of the funds went to only 5% of the businesses approved.

Big companies like Ruth’s Chris with 5500 employees were able to get language into the bill that let them use their per-location average to get under the 500 employee cap, and then walked out the door with 20 million in PPP funds.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

I was looking through the SBA’s documentation on the distribution of PPP funds and roughly 50% of the funds went to only 5% of the businesses approved.

Big companies like Ruth’s Chris with 5500 employees were able to get language into the bill that let them use their per-location average to get under the 500 employee cap, and then walked out the door with 20 million in PPP funds.

Ruth Chris also used 2 of its subsidiaries to break the loan into 2 10  million loans. Rumor is they owed money to Chase and Chase is who gave them the 2 loans.

Has any state been distributing the extra $600/week for UE benefits yet? Looking around it seems states keep saying they “hope to begin next week” and they repost that every week :p. It also seems like the extensions for those who have exhausted benefits are in some type of limbo with states still awaiting guidelines 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Has any state been distributing the extra $600/week for UE benefits yet? Looking around it seems states keep saying they “hope to begin next week” and they repost that every week :p. It also seems like the extensions for those who have exhausted benefits are in some type of limbo with states still awaiting guidelines 

Texas definitely started with payments that went out this week. But I’m also hearing from employees who filed that some are being required by TWC to call in to verify information after they put in their payment request...but the phone lines are jammmmed all day long, so they have not received *anything* while others haven’t had to do the phone verification bit.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Texas definitely started with payments that went out this week. But I’m also hearing from employees who filed that some are being required by TWC to call in to verify information after they put in their payment request...but the phone lines are jammmmed all day long, so they have not received *anything* while others haven’t had to do the phone verification bit.

NJ has been stating that “you don’t need to do anything else” to receive the $600, as long as you’re already filed and are receiving UE it’s supposed to be automatic (the payment will be separate from the state UE, though).

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

NJ has been stating that “you don’t need to do anything else” to receive the $600, as long as you’re already filed and are receiving UE it’s supposed to be automatic (the payment will be separate from the state UE, though).

In Texas the payments are all lumped together and you don’t have to do anything else to get it. Just the normal payment request from every two weeks where you answer the questions about your job searches.

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Could New York help the rest of the country with testing considering how far ahead they are?

They've tested a LOT but I wouldn't say they are "Ahead". A lot of "essential workers" still haven't been tested... people who are still going to work and dealing with the public. Until they start testing folks like that, I'm not sure how much capacity they would have to help other parts of the country. Same with California which is just now starting to expand their testing protocols beyond sick people. I expect NY will prioritize its neighbors with any surplus capacity in testing. Connecticut and Jersey would be first... it's the only way for them to reopen the city.

44 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

They don't have an online component? 

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

In Texas the payments are all lumped together and you don’t have to do anything else to get it. Just the normal payment request from every two weeks where you answer the questions about your job searches.

Yea, each state is different - NJ does weekly payments for UE. They actually started separating people by social throughout the week as to when people can collect their UE so the servers can keep up (it’s over a 3-4 day period with a one-hour window per group, the rest of the week is like a “grace period”), and they seem to have stopped doing confirmation emails to further help servers. My fiancé hasn’t received the $600 yet, so I’m just trying to figure what’s going on as there don’t seem to be any stipulations on it.

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, each state is different - NJ does weekly payments for UE. They actually started separating people by social throughout the week as to when people can collect their UE so the servers can keep up (it’s over a 3-4 day period with a one-hour window per group, the rest of the week is like a “grace period”), and they seem to have stopped doing confirmation emails to further help servers. My fiancé hasn’t received the $600 yet, so I’m just trying to figure what’s going on as there don’t seem to be any stipulations on it.

It's been years since I've dealt with Jersey's unemployment system... out of curiosity, what is the maximum weekly payment in Jersey without the 600 payment? 

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That is how you file initially, but if you have to do verification stuff you currently have to do it over the phone...but you can’t get through to anybody because they are getting around 2 million calls a day right now!

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

That is how you file initially, but if you have to do verification stuff you currently have to do it over the phone...but you can’t get through to anybody because they are getting around 2 million calls a day right now!

That sucks... there were similar problems in California back when I was collecting unemployment there when I first moved there. There was a trick to getting people on the phone that I found out about. If you went to a work center or an unemployment office and called from one of the phones THERE, You could get someone on the phone. I don't know if it works like that in Texas. There was also a way you could get them on the phone if you called from your home phone. If you selected that you were an employer rather than an employee at when it gave you the option, you could usually get someone on the phone and they would answer your questions or take care of you. This was in California years ago so take it for what it's worth. Trying to get in touch with them by just calling could take weeks if not months with the volume of calls they're getting now. 

45 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The two times I’ve had to be on UE in Texas I did it online. 

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with whether or not it’s their first time filing for UE. 

53 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's been years since I've dealt with Jersey's unemployment system... out of curiosity, what is the maximum weekly payment in Jersey without the 600 payment? 

NJ is one of the better states for UE, the maximum is $713/week and UE is available for 26-weeks. There’s no normal extensions currently available as UE has to be above 3 or 3.5% for NJ to offer extensions. When the do offer extensions it’s in 13-week blocks.

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

NJ is one of the better states for UE, the maximum is $713/week and UE is available for 26-weeks. There’s no normal extensions currently available as UE has to be above 3 or 3.5% for NJ to offer extensions. When the do offer extensions it’s in 13-week blocks.

I read that somewhere else and I swear I thought it was a typo. It wasn't that high when I lived here... I think the max was 400 a week. In California it's 450. When did they make this change? So in Jersey if you get Unemployed now, you can get the $713 a week plus the 600 dollars from the feds? :shock:

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I read that somewhere else and I swear I thought it was a typo. It wasn't that high when I lived here... I think the max was 400 a week. In California it's 450. When did they make this change? So in Jersey if you get Unemployed now, you can get the $713 a week plus the 600 dollars from the feds? :shock:

If you qualify for the $713, yes. It’s based on your previous salary (that you paid at least 20-weeks into), something like 66-70% of it, with it topping out at $713/week. (For example) If you made about $550-600/week you’d be getting in the $400s. 
There’s also less taxes on UE, just a 10% federal tax. You can option not to have that tax taken out, but you’d likely owe it back when you file your yearly taxes.

EDIT: I believe they base it on a percentage from state median income?

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If you qualify for the $713, yes. It’s based on your previous salary (that you paid at least 20-weeks into), something like 66-70% of it, with it topping out at $713/week. (For example) If you made about $550-600/week you’d be getting in the $400s. 
There’s also less taxes on UE, just a 10% federal tax. You can option not to have that tax taken out, but you’d likely owe it back when you file your yearly taxes.

EDIT: I believe they base it on a percentage from state median income?

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever gotten NJ Unemployment once I got out of school. Like If I lived in NJ but worked in NY, would I get NJ Unemployment or NY'S? I believe that was my situation the last time I was unemployed here. I was just shocked that NJ's benefits were that high because California's aren't and I'm pretty sure NY's aren't either.

25 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

So, today I learned that this guy who I see on so many Trump tweets:

is Joey Salads, the guy who used to do prank/experiment videos on Youtube, and the guy who did this:

Whence all the "drink piss Nazi" responses he gets (and which I nearly lost my Twitter account over).

3 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Ford posted a 2 billion dollar loss yesterday, much higher than anyone expected. Their stock is up 3.5% today, nothing makes sense anymore. 

Guaranteeing their sweeeeeet bailout is incoming

5 minutes ago, elbobo said:

Ford posted a 2 billion dollar loss yesterday, much higher than anyone expected. Their stock is up 3.5% today, nothing makes sense anymore. 

“Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” --John Maynard Keynes

• Haha 2