~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

15 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do you mind if we all move up to Canada? The great D1P Exodus of 2020!

Do any Canadian cities have FTTP and can I get a job with that telco. But yes I do want to know if some Canadian D1P can help me seek political asylum in Canada.

41 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Can someone explain to me why the banks get to decide which small businesses get this money?

They don’t exactly. The banks are funding the loans, but there is no actual underwriting going on. The banks just package the SBA’s requested documentation, submit to the SBA portal, then pay out the funds upon approval from the SBA. The bank will also be responsible for handling the forgiveness verification after the 8 weeks is up.

What the banks are doing is deciding who to take applications from, with many banks initially requiring that you have a current business banking relationship to apply through them. Banks are now starting to accept applications from non-customers though.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

You know what really sounds good is going to a Drive in Theater these days. I have some friends in Katty Texas. Is that close enough for them?

Katy is about 30 minutes away from our drive in. Hopefully we will be open again May 1st!

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

The IRS definitely has my bank account info, as they debited me for my 2019 federal payment on the 10th, but still not seeing the stimulus check.

Same. 

I get my regular payday this week and I'm still working from home, so I'm not in dire need of it right now.  But it would be nice to have, so I can make plans on what to do with it.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Same. 

I get my regular payday this week and I'm still working from home, so I'm not in dire need of it right now.  But it would be nice to have, so I can make plans on what to do with it.

If you’re still getting your regular wages, I’d strongly suggest just saving it. We really don’t know what it’s gonna look like in even a few months.

How do you check the CARES Act unemployment thing? My GF got furloughed because of all of this and is on AZ unemploynment which apparently maxes out at $240 something a week. Today she got paid plus an additional $300 or so than last time. How do you check all this and find out exactly how much you are getting?

11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

How do you check the CARES Act unemployment thing? My GF got furloughed because of all of this and is on AZ unemploynment which apparently maxes out at $240 something a week. Today she got paid plus an additional $300 or so than last time. How do you check all this and find out exactly how much you are getting?

The $600/week has started going out, but each state has to begin packaging it into their payments. I know California, NY, and Texas all have started including it over the last few days. She won’t have to do anything either, it goes on all unemployment payments automatically whenever your state begins including it. Should be no later than the end of this week for the rest of the states.

17 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If you’re still getting your regular wages, I’d strongly suggest just saving it. We really don’t know what it’s gonna look like in even a few months.

That's what I'm mostly figuring to do, so I dont anything about investing.

Although I do know I will need to have some car work done in June when it's due for inspection.

20 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I'm rather quite ineligible :p

So am I... If I get anything it won't be the full 1,200. There's a calculator that says how much you get depending on income, but I think if you make over 75 grand a year with no dependents you ain't getting squat. Plus I'm still working so... I ain't getting SHIT. I have heard that they are focusing on low income americans first and those folks will get their stimulus checks first.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So am I... If I get anything it won't be the full 12,000. There's a calculator that says how much you get depending on income, but I think if you make over 75 grand a year with no dependents you ain't getting squat. Plus I'm still working so... I ain't getting SHIT. I have heard that they are focusing on low income americans first and those folks will get their stimulus checks first.

Who's getting $12,000? Damn!

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So am I... If I get anything it won't be the full 12,000. There's a calculator that says how much you get depending on income, but I think if you make over 75 grand a year with no dependents you ain't getting squat. Plus I'm still working so... I ain't getting SHIT. I have heard that they are focusing on low income americans first and those folks will get their stimulus checks first.

It tapers off as you go from $75k to $99k. It's not just a cliff at $75k.

Also, you added a zero. :p

4 minutes ago, Oberon said:

Mine is showing as pending right now with a list date of 4/15

I thought the website to check the status of the check wouldn't be up until Friday?

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

It tapers off as you go from $75k to $99k. It's not just a cliff at $75k.

Also, you added a zero. :p

Yeah I realized that and fixed it. So over 100K you don't get anything? Then I might see something... but it won't be much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I thought the website to check the status of the check wouldn't be up until Friday?

Yeah I realized that and fixed it. So over 100K you don't get anything? Then I might see something... but it won't be much. 

I didn't bother checking the website, that's the information showing up in my online banking 

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also everyone who gets one of these checks has to pay it back at some point right?

No, that's a misconception

So why are people calling it an advance refund? Does that mean the government is taking away my refund next year?

This is the question seeming to cause the most panic on Twitter. The answer is no. Bottom line: your 2020 tax return and any refund you’re due when you file that return in early 2021 will not be affected by the check you’re getting now. 

28 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

If you exceeded the AGI thresholds in either 2018 or 2019, no funds will be issued to you.

Yep.  And I'm not sure there is any additional assistance if you were above the threshold if you lost your job because of the pandemic.  Basically a "fuck you" because a bunch of politicians insisted on means testing the stimulus.