What are you playing today?

11 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I’m reaching the end of the Final Fantasy 3 pixel remaster. I think I might finish it today. 

And I did! The final area probably ended up taking hours, but that's OK because I had breezed through the rest of the game. I might have been a little underleveled, but thanks to the fast pace of the combat, I was able to grind out some levels pretty quickly and power through to the end. 

I think I'm going to play though something completely different next, then jump into the FF4 remaster. 

I started playing Dusk Diver, and it’s a fun third person action RPG similar in some ways to games like Akiba’s Trip, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Persona, Scarlet Nexus and Tokyo Xanadu. It’s very anime and very Japanese, if that’s something that you like then you might want to check it out if you haven’t already.

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Dusk Diver, and it’s a fun third person action RPG similar in some ways to games like Akiba’s Trip, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Persona, Scarlet Nexus and Tokyo Xanadu. It’s very anime and very Japanese, if that’s something that you like then you might want to check it out if you haven’t already.

Wishlisted to remind me next sale!

34 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Decided to play some Ape Escape last night. Unfortunately the game has a ton of flickering and artifacting going on for me.  I will revisit it later. Hopefully it will get patched.   

Don't see any of that running on my deck with Duckstation :whistlin:

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1628161259
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Going Under is a satirical dungeon crawler about exploring the cursed ruins of failed tech startups. As an unpaid intern in the dystopian city of Neo-Cascadia, you’ll wield office junk as weaponry as you make your way through the offbeat procedural dungeons beneath your company campus.

I wanted to play more games on my deck that I could play in bursts, rather than long narrative things so I started up Going Under. Now this is on game pass but I picked it up along the way regardless. It's actually exactly what I wanted. You play as this female intern named Jackie who starts a job at this beverage place called @Fizzzzle (He's famous now). It is kind of like Hades where you go into a dungeon and fight stuff, it's a bit different in that you have to get your own weapons down there instead of bringing them with you. In any case it runs well and you can play it in spurts so it's a good deck game imo!

• Halal 1

Been playing this "TOTALLY AWESOME" game on the SteamDeck called Uninstalling: Warhammer Vermintide II. I have been playing it loyally the last three nights, tonight being the 3rd night. From about 9pm to 1-2am nightly. To be totally honest this game is impossibly hard, I'd go as far as saying it's "IMPOSSIBLE" at least by me and my skills on these type games. 

My advise stay away from this title unless it's free as it wont run well. Actually not at all, and its impossible to defete either. The end game is totally unfair and not enjoyable in the slightest.

‐------------------

Just trying to make fun of an issue I've been having a while on SteaDeck. Not looking for comment, maybe a bullet?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Hoping that my save from Spiderman on PS4 Pro transferred over to my PS5.

I'm close to the end so I'll beat Spiderman today or tomorrow. Then I'm going to beat Miles. 

PlayStation5WikiThumb.jpg
WWW.IGN.COM

Insomniac Games updated Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 to allow for transferring your PS4 save data to PS5. You’ll now have the ability to transfer

It’s not automatic fyi.

Been playing some Yakuza Kiwami 2 on deck. It’s really good. I like having it on deck too because the side missions and just running around beating brats up part is perfect mindless while watching tv action, and then I have all this bonus xp and cash when I hit the story for real. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

PlayStation5WikiThumb.jpg
WWW.IGN.COM

Insomniac Games updated Marvel’s Spider-Man on PS4 to allow for transferring your PS4 save data to PS5. You’ll now have the ability to transfer

It’s not automatic fyi.

Jesus. Thanks for this because I would have been completely lost this evening.

Been playing Vampire Survivors.  I can't say it is good.  I will say it is extremely addicting.

Also put about 8 hours into The Ascent.  Shocking that this game was put together by 12 people.  The combat is tremendously fun, the story is inconsequential, so it's great for casual play.  My only complaints are really around the bad UI, and the small text.

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Been playing Vampire Survivors.  I can't say it is good.  I will say it is extremely addicting.

Also put about 8 hours into The Ascent.  Shocking that this game was put together by 12 people.  The combat is tremendously fun, the story is inconsequential, so it's great for casual play.  My only complaints are really around the bad UI, and the small text.

I forgot about trying Vampire Survivors on deck but your note here isn’t really selling me on it. :p

I need to go back to Ascent, I was really enjoying it for a bit but got side tracked.

@stepee

I played Kena Bridge of Spirits first. Looked great and ran at 60fps.

Then I played Forbidden West for about an hour. It looks incredible! Definitely an improvement from the Pro. It's noticeable and I ran it under performance mode since they updated that. It runs and looks stunning. 

Then I followed the directions you gave me to transfer my Spiderman save to my PS5 and that was successful.

Now I'm going to try Demon Souls. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@stepee

I played Kena Bridge of Spirits first. Looked great and ran at 60fps.

Then I played Forbidden West for about an hour. It looks incredible! Definitely an improvement from the Pro. It's noticeable and I ran it under performance mode since they updated that. It runs and looks stunning. 

Then I followed the directions you gave me to transfer my Spiderman save to my PS5 and that was successful.

Now I'm going to try Demon Souls. 

DS is the best looking game on the console so far. So amazing.

Demon Souls looks stupid good. Jfc does that look good. I played for an hour and it's so similar to Elden Ring but not as forgiving it seems. It's cool as hell though.

I took stepees advice and played Spiderman Remastered in the 120Hz mode that reduces input latency and boost frame rate in Fidelity mode to 40 FPS (up from 30 FPS). Lucky my TV supports this.

I was kinda let down a little overall with the visuals in Spider-man. The Pro version was close imo. It still looks nice with raytracing and certain lighting. 

45 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Demon Souls looks stupid good. Jfc does that look good. I played for an hour and it's so similar to Elden Ring but not as forgiving it seems. It's cool as hell though.

I took stepees advice and played Spiderman Remastered in the 120Hz mode that reduces input latency and boost frame rate in Fidelity mode to 40 FPS (up from 30 FPS). Lucky my TV supports this.

I was kinda let down a little overall with the visuals in Spider-man. The Pro version was close imo. It still looks nice with raytracing and certain lighting. 

You got a PS5?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

the reflections though 

• True 1

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

Play a magic user first time through if you're having a lot of trouble in DS, makes it quite a bit easier. 

And yeah, Spiderman is just a remaster, it wasn't built ground up for ps5.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Play a magic user first time through if you're having a lot of trouble in DS, makes it quite a bit easier. 

And yeah, Spiderman is just a remaster, it wasn't built ground up for ps5.

In Demon Souls, is there save points? I entered a location yesterday and made solid progress. I then died and was sent all the way back to the beginning....That blows.

Yes, I understand that Spider-man is only a remaster. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

In Demon Souls, is there save points? I entered a location yesterday and made solid progress. I then died and was sent all the way back to the beginning....That blows.

Yes, I understand that Spider-man is only a remaster. 

Demon's must be your first foray into the series? 

There are no save points in the way you are describing (check points). The game auto saves frequently, and if you need to quit out of the game (which you should manually do each time you quit), it will save as you do so and you'll end up wherever you left off.

If you die, you go back to the last bonfire or whatever they call them in DS. Your souls are left at the place you were at ~5-10 seconds before you died. If you die on your run to get them back, they are lost forever (you probably know this). 

From got more generous with bonfire placement as the series progressed, more or less, but it's relatively punishing in Demon's. If you do not like that mechanic, or don't learn to like it, I'm afraid you are probably not going to like the game lol.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Demon's must be your first foray into the series? 

There are no save points in the way you are describing (check points). The game auto saves frequently, and if you need to quit out of the game (which you should manually do each time you quit), it will save as you do so and you'll end up wherever you left off.

If you die, you go back to the last bonfire or whatever they call them in DS. Your souls are left at the place you were at ~5-10 seconds before you died. If you die on your run to get them back, they are lost forever (you probably know this). 

From got more generous with bonfire placement as the series progressed, more or less, but it's relatively punishing in Demon's. If you do not like that mechanic, or don't learn to like it, I'm afraid you are probably not going to like the game lol.  

Thanks for the info. I'll attempt to play it down the road. I was very successful in Elden Ring but as you explained, this is old school. It's intimidating.

Played for 5 hours this morning. I now have 9 games saved so that is more than enough.

I downloaded Returnal and was really pleasantly surprised! The visuals are very nice and has next-gen touches to it. The controls were fantastic and I actually played almost 2 hours. I was making progress but I can see how this could be daunting. Very surprised by this game. Really 👌 

Then I played Ghost of Tsushima. Wow, quite the big difference compared to the PS4 Pro version. I mean it's an extremely noticeable difference and it is definitely a next-gen title visually. I played that for over an hour and forgot how well that game was made.

Then I played Elex 2. Holy shit what a dumpster fire of a game! It made me laugh out loud so that's good at least.

Then I played God of War. It ran nice but visually it has already aged imo. I only messed around for 20 min or so. 

Then I played Gran Turismo 7. I was really impressed with the graphics. It impressed me much more than Forza Horizon 5 did. This game looks spectacular and controls like a dream. The haptic feedback in this game is so good. @Biggie I'm glad I bought this. It is my style of racing.

Then I played Stray. lol, what an adorable game to play. It looks incredible and had a mysterious feel like ICO. I loved what I played and was very impressed visually.

Thiis was the perfect time for me to get the PS5. It's a phenomenal console.