What are you playing today?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

It's official. To help get myself out of this deep depression, I'm going to play Spiderman tomorrow. It's been a minute and I just watched easy allies review for the PS4 Pro when it launched and they gave it a 9.5!

I just remember having an absolute blast swinging through the city and the combat was fucking great. 

It’s literally one of the only games I have completely finished. Fantastic game. 

• True 1

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s literally one of the only games I have completely finished. Fantastic game. 

Yea, I remember you actually beat it. Did you play Miles? I read it's pretty damn impressive on ps5. Plus, the haptic feedback on the controller seems to really elevate the experience. Kinda like GT7.

Just now, best3444 said:

Yea, I remember you actually beat it. Did you play Miles? I read it's pretty damn impressive on ps5. Plus, the haptic feedback on the controller seems to reallt elevate the experience. Kinda like GT7.

I mean if you think you’ll get a ps5 this year for GOW2 then wait, especially since your tv can use the vrr modes or the 40fps mode which looks cray on ps5.

But if you think it’ll be a bit you have a brand new Spider-man game you can play! It’s fucking fantastic. And 8 hours would just be story missions, if you love it you’ll be doing the side missions and swinging around. and probably get 15-20 out of it.

There is also Spider-man 2 coming for your full next gen Spider-man experience potentially next year.

I actually put in 40 hours to Miles, but a lot of that was in photo mode because yeah it looks damn good on ps5!

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I remember you actually beat it. Did you play Miles? I read it's pretty damn impressive on ps5. Plus, the haptic feedback on the controller seems to really elevate the experience. Kinda like GT7.

Nah even $30 seems kinda high. I’m sure it’ll make itself onto the free PS Plus list one day. 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I mean if you think you’ll get a ps5 this year for GOW2 then wait, especially since your tv can use the vrr modes or the 40fps mode which looks cray on ps5.

But if you think it’ll be a bit you have a brand new Spider-man game you can play! It’s fucking fantastic. And 8 hours would just be story missions, if you love it you’ll be doing the side missions and swinging around. and probably get 15-20 out of it.

There is also Spider-man 2 coming for your full next gen Spider-man experience potentially next year.

I actually put in 40 hours to Miles, but a lot of that was in photo mode because yeah it looks damn good on ps5!

I read that part 2 will only be available on PS5 and there will not be a PS4 version. That right there has me excited. I think I'll wait to play Miles when I get the PS5 and I'll reply the first one. 

I also didn't know that Miles is free with PS plus so that's cool. 

• True 1

I just read this:

"In early 2022, rumours of a PS5 Pro began circulating online. A reliable video report by gaming analyst RedGamingTech suggests that Sony is readying a more powerful version of the PS5 for a late 2023 or early-to-mid 2024 release".

:facepalm:

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just read this:

"In early 2022, rumours of a PS5 Pro began circulating online. A reliable video report by gaming analyst RedGamingTech suggests that Sony is readying a more powerful version of the PS5 for a late 2023 or early-to-mid 2024 release".

:facepalm:

It's RedGamingTech, so take it with a grain of salt.

Starfox Zero keeps tapping into that late-90’s part of my brain with nostalgia.  So far it’s worth it for that.  I think I’m getting better at the controls, but this game makes Skyward Sword feel like motion training wheels by comparison.

I really wish you could invert the horizontal axis for the motion controls.  I never do that in other games, but here I think it would make more sense to me.

On 7/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, Biggie said:

Personally, I could never see myself 100%-ing the challenge missions, even though I beat the DLC.

The web controls are fun for fast slinging, but kind of terrible for precision movement.

10 hours ago, best3444 said:

Played 2 hours of Spider-man. Unbelievably fun to play again so I'm happy I chose this game as my "return to gaming" antidote. :p

lol, I played those 2 hours above in my quote then ate dinner. Then I was like, I need to play more Spider-Man so I played from 7pm to 12am!

I just fuckin love this game! It's just nonstop fun with phenomenal visuals, deep combat, great characters, and a fully alive city for immersion and exploration. I can't wait to play tomorrow morning. 🤗 

It's easily my favorite superhero game of all-time. I can't imagine how part 2 will look and play on the PS5. 

• Halal 1

I started playing Gemini: Heroes Reborn, a game that came out back in 2016 that I never heard of before that is loosely based on the Heroes Reborn TV show. I saw it while browsing games at the PS Store, it looked interesting and was only $15 so I decided to get it. And I’m glad that I did, because it’s a pretty cool game. It’s a mid-tier first person action adventure platformer that feels kind of like a mix of Half-Life and Mirror’s Edge. It looks and plays like a game that would have come out during the PS3/Xbox 360 generation, but I’m fine with that since I’m a fan of games from that generation. While it has some climbing and platforming similar to Mirror’s Edge, it’s not nearly as prominent. But it’s enough to add some navigation variety to the levels. The levels have a bit of a similar look and design to Half-Life.

The unique aspects of the game are that you can switch between the past and present at any time with a press of a button, you can slow down time and you have telekinesis powers to pick up and throw objects. Throwing objects at enemies is the game’s combat, because there are no melee weapons or guns for you to use. Enemies have them, but you can’t pick them up and use them. However, you can slow down time and send bullets shot at you back at the enemies. As fun as the telekinesis is to use, it does seem a little unrealistic to only use it to fight enemies who have guns. Having the ability to use guns would make the combat a little more fun, but it’s still fun the way that it is.

I woke up at 5:30am so I said fuck it, let's play Spiderman. Played for 3 hours. Just a good time. I will say, the city at night is showing it's age. I bet the remaster on PS5 cleaned that up. I'm also sure Miles on PS5 did as well. 

It still looks very good even though it is 4 years old. 

15 hours ago, stepee said:

Played a lot of the hot wheels forza horizon 5 expansion over deck, xsx, and pc, looks amazing on all of them. Love how it’s a big open world roller coaster.

Off topic from what I'm quoting but did you notice a pretty big improvement in visuals and lighting in Miles on PS5?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of playing Miles right after I beat Spider-man but on the PS4 Pro.

30 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Off topic from what I'm quoting but did you notice a pretty big improvement in visuals and lighting in Miles on PS5?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking of playing Miles right after I beat Spider-man but on the PS4 Pro.

It’s a pretty stark improvement, especially as most of its visual makeup is shiny buildings, and it has ray traced reflections. And then beyond that, it feels a lot better at 60fps as well.

31 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s a pretty stark improvement, especially as most of its visual makeup is shiny buildings, and it has ray traced reflections. And then beyond that, it feels a lot better at 60fps as well.

Ok. I will wait for PS5 then. I'm ready to get this console into my home now. I'm financially good enough to try and snag one soon!

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I really don't know much about this game so forgive my ignorance. Is the game both mp and sp? Coop?

Yes. All three. But it’s best when you hunt with 3 friends instead of 3 randoms. You can play solo and some stuff requires you to play solo but I find that the worst of the 3 options. 

• Thanks 1

I started playing Zombieland: Double Tap - Road Trip, and it’s dumb fun. It’s an isometric view co-op twin stick shooter where you fight hordes of zombies.

You always have a slow shooting pistol with unlimited ammo, but it’s not the best option when getting rushed by mobs of zombies. So throughout the environments you come across containers that have melee weapons (axes, baseball bats, swords, etc.) that are powerful but can only be used for a certain amount of hits, guns (dual pistols, machine guns, rifles, shotguns, etc.) with limited ammo that can’t be refilled and are discarded when they’re empty, and throwable items such as Molotov Cocktails and grenades. There’s also Twinkies to refill your health, and energy drinks to temporarily boost your movement speed scattered throughout the environments.

There’s really no story, it’s just the characters from the movie stopping at different locations while traveling to gather supplies. I’m playing solo, but the game acts as if all four of the characters are together and they constantly talk via little profile text boxes. The characters have the likenesses of the actors that play them in the movie, but are voiced by different actors trying to sound like them. They do a decent job, and the dialogue can be funny at times. However, it would have been nice while playing solo if the other characters were with you as AI companions since only having one character onscreen while four are having conversations with each other seems odd.

A little bit of story with cutscenes would have added to the experience as well considering that the game is based on a movie. As it is it’s strictly a stage based arcade twin stick shooter without much else to it. But the graphics are decent, the gameplay is fun and the writing is often humorous.

Played more Spider-Man and it's just so much fun. I'm flying through the story because I'm not really caring about side missions and collecting backpacks.

The visuals are incredible and the facial details are awesome. I'd love to play the remastered version on PS5. It must look sick.

I started playing Rustler, and I’m liking it so far. It’s an isometric/top-down view open world action game similar to Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. It takes place in medieval times, but is a parody of GTA with humor and silliness. Some of it is funny, and some of it is dumb. It definitely doesn’t take itself too seriously. Gameplay is decent including combat with melee weapons and shooting weapons, and you can ride horses. The missions have been somewhat fun, and varied so far. It’s an appealing little medieval version of top-down view GTA games, and people who like those should check it out.