What are you playing today?

23 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Most likely stopping Forbidden West and I'll play Miles Morales. Like I mentioned, Horizon isn't keeping my interest so I'll have to come back and play it down the road sometime. I'm not forcing myself to enjoy a game. 

The main character and whole premise of the game totally disinterest me

35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

The main character and whole premise of the game totally disinterest me

It's definitely not my type of environment and I never liked Aloy as a character. The mechanics behind it are rock solid and overall it is a very good game. I'm just not feeling it right now. Plus, Miles Morales is so fuckin fun lol

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

It's definitely not my type of environment and I never liked Aloy as a character. The mechanics behind it are rock solid and overall it is a very good game. I'm just not feeling it right now. Plus, Miles Morales is so fuckin fun lol

maybe ur just spider crazy atm lbr

Im surprised though because that is total opposite of my impression of the back end of Horizon FW. I got more and more interested and ended with being super excited for what the third one could be.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

maybe ur just spider crazy atm lbr

Im surprised though because that is total opposite of my impression of the back end of Horizon FW. I got more and more interested and ended with being super excited for what the third one could be.

Well I started over on PS5. I'm 9 hours in and I just lost interest in it. I'll get the urge to play it soon I'm sure. 

I played several hours of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy today. It’s funny- at first, I thought “oh yeah, this is why I didn’t play this when it came out. I was kinda tired of the whole Uncharted deal. Jump along ledges, slide down a thing, climb something else, look around the environment for switches to flip, shoot a bunch of dudes while quipping, blah blah blah.”

But once you get into the jungle and things open up more and you start getting more elaborate encounters, I remembered why I loved these games to begin with! I’ve been in a mild gaming funk where I wasn’t able to really stick to anything, but I’m going to barrel right through this one. Helps that it’s relatively short, of course. 

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

I played several hours of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy today. It’s funny- at first, I thought “oh yeah, this is why I didn’t play this when it came out. I was kinda tired of the whole Uncharted deal. Jump along ledges, slide down a thing, climb something else, look around the environment for switches to flip, shoot a bunch of dudes while quipping, blah blah blah.”

But once you get into the jungle and things open up more and you start getting more elaborate encounters, I remembered why I loved these games to begin with! I’ve been in a mild gaming funk where I wasn’t able to really stick to anything, but I’m going to barrel right through this one. Helps that it’s relatively short, of course. 

Those are the perfect games for that. Short, entertaining and dumb

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Miles is really good. I'm having a lot of fun with it even though his voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. They improved on combat from the first one and I haven’t ran into any stealth missions. It's fantastic.

They should have made him speak like an actual black guy

Frogun! It’s so charming and I love tons about it but man I almost might just wait for some qol patches before trying to collect everything in it. They need to let you retain your collectibles when you die. Having to recollect them in this game is too much of a grind and not really fun and I imagine that will get worse as it gets harder. They could seriously make this like 2 points better just changing this. Besides that and if you are just focused on beating levels it’s super fun and charming.

• Sicko 1

I started playing Shadow Man Remastered, this is my first time playing Shadow Man again since playing it 22 years ago on Dreamcast. I liked it back then and played a good bit of it, but I didn’t finish it. I’m enjoying it again now despite it looking and playing dated. The environment graphics look decent with HD textures and colored lighting and it moves at a smooth 60fps, but the characters are really blocky and animate rather poorly. It plays a bit clunky and stiff too, but I’m finding some fun in its third person shooting and platforming gameplay. The levels are fairly well designed as well, they’re nonlinear and offer some exploration. It’s a pretty good classic third person action adventure game, and I’ve been liking it again.

Started 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim as part of my mission to clear up my PS4 collection. In the first hour, I can’t quite tell if this is going to be a game that hooks me completely or loses me forever in hour 2. Really feels like it could go either way. 

20 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

I started playing Shadow Man Remastered, this is my first time playing Shadow Man again since playing it 22 years ago on Dreamcast. I liked it back then and played a good bit of it, but I didn’t finish it. I’m enjoying it again now despite it looking and playing dated. The environment graphics look decent with HD textures and colored lighting and it moves at a smooth 60fps, but the characters are really blocky and animate rather poorly. It plays a bit clunky and stiff too, but I’m finding some fun in its third person shooting and platforming gameplay. The levels are fairly well designed as well, they’re nonlinear and offer some exploration. It’s a pretty good classic third person action adventure game, and I’ve been liking it again.

Actually the story of how the ended up making it is pretty remarkable. The fact it even works at all sounds like a miracle. :p

I’ve been playing more Metroid Dread. I’ve really enjoyed it and love the ‘lost but not lost’ feeling a game can offer - like every time you progress it’s due to accidentally stumbling upon the next part of the game, instead of being ferried there. The EMMI are still cool and with the quick load, dying is not an issue (if this was like an older game, where death meant the last save - I’d have given up long, long ago. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Beat Morales Morales this morning. I swear that was only like 6 hours. I just focused on the story and didn't do any side quests or activities.

Those 6 hours were fuckin awesome and there wasn't a dull moment to be had. Better combat and gameplay than the 2018 version. It is absolutely a next-gen title visually as well. Incredible game. 9/10. 

54 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Already enjoying it more now. I think I had too many games in my head when I first booted it up and couldn't concentrate. Now that I beat Miles I'm more focused. I'm sticking with Forbidden West until I beat it.

No Way Smh GIF

I stopped playing Shadow Man Remastered because it’s too directionless. I was enjoying it for a while, but the interconnected environments are too big and maze-like making it difficult to figure out where you need to go or what you need to do next to proceed. I was enjoying exploring and finding new areas to go to for a while, but it eventually becomes too much and without a map it’s easy to run around in circles trying to find new areas to access. The dated blocky graphics and same-y looking textures make it even harder to determine where you’ve explored and where you haven’t. It’s easy to get turned around, and lost.

I started playing Ion Fury, it’s a 90s style FPS that’s a love letter to fans (such as myself) of classic FPSs like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior. It looks and plays like an authentic FPS from that time period, and I’m really digging it for that reason. It plays fast and frantic offering appealing retro 3D graphics, well designed levels and cool music. Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior were a couple of my favorite FPSs back in the day, and I’m liking this as much if not even more than them.

• Halal 2

Halo Infinite Campaign. 

XBC3

Multiversus (I'm enjoying this more than I expected, its not quite as good as smash, but it's online is so much better that it's basically a wash (gameplay wise, obviously smash has a huge roster). And the more I play, the more I see how accessible this game is compared to other fighting games, where I just can't consistently pull off combos and the like, and I end up frustrated and angry. This game is simple, but with a high ceiling. I'm impressed.

• Halal 1

34 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Halo Infinite Campaign. 

XBC3

Multiversus (I'm enjoying this more than I expected, its not quite as good as smash, but it's online is so much better that it's basically a wash (gameplay wise, obviously smash has a huge roster). And the more I play, the more I see how accessible this game is compared to other fighting games, where I just can't consistently pull off combos and the like, and I end up frustrated and angry. This game is simple, but with a high ceiling. I'm impressed.

I'm going to check out Halo today just to see if it holds up. I really enjoyed the campaign. 

• Thanks 1