What are you playing today?

Ok. @stepee I was so fucking wrong about Spider-Man! When I booted it up it was night time and raining. So my initial impression wasn't too hot. I didn't give it enough time. Because the visuals are absolutely phenomenal. The new hair models and better facial detail and animation has really impressed me. I actually beat the remaster this evening. I forgot just how good that game was.

I immediately booted up Miles Morales and the visuals in that are even better than the remaster. No doubt about it that this is a next-gen game. The raytracing is awesome and there is a ton of fucking details all over the game world. It's also a better game than the 2018 Spider-Man. 3 hours in and I have been completely entertained. 

One last thing. Thank you for making me aware about 120Hz display mode that runs in fidelity mode and boost frame rate to 40 FPS. This is a big deal in terms of keeping the visuals really detailed and also run buttery smooth at 40fps. Its fantastic and that option is in Ratchet and Clank a Rift Apart, too. It made it look even better and I am very satisfied with the 40fps.

Ok. Sorry to keep bothering you. :s

28 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Ok. @stepee I was so fucking wrong about Spider-Man! When I booted it up it was night time and raining. So my initial impression wasn't too hot. I didn't give it enough time. Because the visuals are absolutely phenomenal. The new hair models and better facial detail and animation has really impressed me. I actually beat the remaster this evening. I forgot just how good that game was.

I immediately booted up Miles Morales and the visuals in that are even better than the remaster. No doubt about it that this is a next-gen game. The raytracing is awesome and there is a ton of fucking details all over the game world. It's also a better game than the 2018 Spider-Man. 3 hours in and I have been completely entertained. 

One last thing. Thank you for making me aware about 120Hz display mode that runs in fidelity mode and boost frame rate to 40 FPS. This is a big deal in terms of keeping the visuals really detailed and also run buttery smooth at 40fps. Its fantastic and that option is in Ratchet and Clank a Rift Apart, too. It made it look even better and I am very satisfied with the 40fps.

Im really digging 40fps this gen! Deck supports it too and having that option has been a game changer. Set the Quarry to that on my desktop pc even because that game is insanely demanding. I just need Sony to start including them at launch. :P The spider-man, rachet, and horizon 40hz modes all came out after I beat or mostly beat them! 

I forgot I never actually tried Spider-man Remasteted, just Miles, and was thinking of how good that looks, makes sense that it still looks better. That game looks stunning. And yeah the hair is a huge improvement too.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

We need a new Spider-Man made for the PS5

Put the Steam deck away for awhile and fired up XBC3 and it's grabbed my attention for now. 3 hours in as of 1am, I got 2 sessions of about 90 minutes each. Was pretty relaxing and enjoyable to actually just play a game and not think about any thing else for awhile. That's how this is all supposed work anyways!

I added gba, n64, ds, and t16 collections to my deck lineup so I played like a million games yesterday. You know, I thought the n64 Mickey Circuit USA was isometric, I didn’t realize it was just a regular Mario64-like, totally different than I thought. Kinda bland though.

I beat Dynamite Cop again, still my favorite beat ‘em up. It just feels so good and there is so much strategy to it. Or maybe I just have strategy to it because I’ve played it a million times. But more so than other bear em ups it seems like there are really creative ways to go and clear stages without even being hit if you do it right. I still love how it looks too, great color palette. 

On 7/1/2022 at 9:31 AM, best3444 said:

I woke up at 7am and played Forbidden West until 12pm. This game is so fucking well done. It's always fun during combat and I love the different ways you can take the robots down. The voice acting and motion captures are fantastic. It also may be the best looking game I've played.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:35 PM, best3444 said:

I just got done playing 2 more hours just now. This is becoming my GOTY right now. I'm about 17 hours in and I've been doing all the side missions. I'm just loving how this game was designed. It's so organized and detailed. I'm still stopping at moments just to take in the incredible environments. 

On 7/2/2022 at 11:21 AM, best3444 said:

4 freakin hours straight this morning with Forbidden West. 21 hours in and I barely touched the main story. I finally got better weapons and it's just a blast to fight in this game. I love the diverse environments too.

IDK, maybe it's a new game high but this is one of the better games I've played in a long time. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Something about Forbidden West that just doesn't grab me. Hard to pin point what it is but this evening I kinda turned it off and jumped on GTA V.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 7/30/2022 at 6:28 AM, Paperclyp said:

Demon's must be your first foray into the series? 

There are no save points in the way you are describing (check points). The game auto saves frequently, and if you need to quit out of the game (which you should manually do each time you quit), it will save as you do so and you'll end up wherever you left off.

If you die, you go back to the last bonfire or whatever they call them in DS. Your souls are left at the place you were at ~5-10 seconds before you died. If you die on your run to get them back, they are lost forever (you probably know this). 

From got more generous with bonfire placement as the series progressed, more or less, but it's relatively punishing in Demon's. If you do not like that mechanic, or don't learn to like it, I'm afraid you are probably not going to like the game lol.  

Just started thinking about this as I haven't played Demon souls since I beat it a couple times on the PS3. Blight town...lol Just a misserable gaming experience that coupled by my shit gaming skills for this game and subsequently finding out just how below average they were as each Dark Souls game came and went. God those framerates were just brutal no sugar coating it! I bought the Remake awhile back and kind of looking forwards to torcher once more but without the low frames. I also will have to take it like a man not having anything else to blame my skillset knowing it ain't gotten any better. Demon Souls was/is the ONLY game in them all I beat! I own them all, DS1 & 2 double dipped on and that was knowing about my handicap! I just felt better at least having them in my collection even though I had little if any chance of beating another  down the line. Maybe I was secretly awaiting a "EASY MODE" without saying it out loud { .....OOOOOPS like I just did! :shh: } The fire left me the Demon souls 1 on Switch / Steam, and Bloodborne digitally one PlayStation 4. I'll not be rebuying 3 but even I did not beat any DS game or Bloodborne I would buy a full remake of Bloodborne in a second. I'm stupid like that. There great games, just some people they weren't made for!

God dang it, I just literally typed 300+ words to say Playing Demon souls again sound fun given the Horsepower of the PS5 compared to the PS4. I need help

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Im absolutely hooked on XBC3. Its the perfect post knee surgery game. I do my knee exercises and then play for two hours. Rinse and repeat. Except when the muscle relaxants make me pass out, but I try not to take them too often.

Better than Elden Ring? :thinking:

Put about 5 hours into Evil Genius 2. I typically like these builder/management type games but this one the systems just don't work well together. The base building is separate from the income earning portion of the game and it makes for a muddled mess. Really disappointed in this one.

Going to start Deathloop next.