What are you playing today?

My plan was to be playing Armored Core VI on the Steam Deck and Spider-Man on the desktop.  However...

I have the Spider-Man crashing to desktop problem people are complaining about on the Steam Forums -- started about 7 hours in, and happens every 10 minutes or so.  Works perfectly on Steam Deck.  I think it is a really solid game -- it really fells like InFamous (with better side mission variety) with Batman combat.  It looks great, the traversal is fun.  But, it feels really repetitive to me -- not much variety to combat/enemies, Manhattan feels pretty much the same everywhere, and the story is "meh" so far.

I was playing Armored Core VI on Steam Deck -- love the movement and controls, but the text was way too hard to read.  But, it's great on the PC.  Presently at the second boss (Balteus?) in the first Act -- and was really struggling with him (I've probably lost to him 8 or 9 times).  Graphics look next gen, but I do find the gameplay really engaging.  The short missions would make it a great game on Deck, shame the small text/Hud elements make it mostly unplayable.

Kids wanted me to play Subnautica (while they watched) -- it's OK (not really my style of game).

On 9/3/2023 at 11:17 PM, HardAct said:

Just about to start Starfield gampass edition. Also been playing Riders Republic on PS5, U had "NEVER" even heard of this before yesterday and it's pretty fun. I played a bit of Steep but I'm liking this a bit more right now.

Apparently I'm gonna wait yet another day to dive into Starfield. So tomarrow or maybe around midnight tonight as I'm up very late Most every night into early mornings as being a graveyard shift worker mostly all my life...lol

5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Dead Space remake was a 9/10 type game. You'll enjoy yourself. 

It's a near perfect game IMHO but I'm a HUGE Dead Space fan so a bit biased. When I heard that it was getting remade I was so excited. Such a fantastic game played in the dark on an LGC1 83" with a 7.2 surround system! {sorry, a bit of self tooting there....my bad:D} It's a very memorable game to me at least. 

Now........

back on topic, I recently did a stupid thing a started Starfield and then started Elden Ring 2 days after. I'm liking SF a lot but am overwhelmed with the amount of from the stuff to learn from the start to be honest. I'll get it  but it is what it is, so I did what every gamer should....started another 100+ hour in Elden Ring...lol Two huge games that require large amounts of attention started back to back and to make things so much worse, on THE SAME CONSOLE!!!!

I'll end up shelving one of them but for the time being I'll dip into both here and there for this month. Elden Ring has been that Diamond I put away for a rainy day pretty excited to have a game like that that I spoiled nearly nothing. I'm going in cold and I'm not a good souls like player so I have to over level and grind like crazy to even have a chance but I know this going in so there's that!

On 9/12/2023 at 8:27 PM, Remarkableriots said:

I finally opened and started playing Darksiders III after finishing the first two. I didn't like it as much starting out, but I have gotten more used to the changes to gameplay so far.

It’s my favorite game in the series, and one of my favorite last gen games. Fury is a total badass.

1 hour ago, dualhunter said:

Started Tunic.

I randomly started this last night on gamepass just to finally see what it looks like in motion (and confirm it’s still actually on gamepass) and man I had to pull myself away a little. I’m in too many other games rn but I definitely want to go back to this!

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I randomly started this last night on gamepass just to finally see what it looks like in motion (and confirm it’s still actually on gamepass) and man I had to pull myself away a little. I’m in too many other games rn but I definitely want to go back to this!

I had to drop it due to difficulty. There was one boss I couldn’t beat. Fuck the Garden Knight. 

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is there an option to make it easier?  I enjoyed what I played but I got tired of getting crushed by that boss. 

There's an option to lower the combat difficulty but in the accessibility options you can prevent health and/or stamina from going down (though the radiation or whatever will still lower your max health, you won't die though). I'd hit the right bumper to try and heal but it wouldn't work, the health bar is too small and getting attacked by groups of damage sponge enemies is too annoying. After having to repeat a section with those gator enemies a few times, I realized it was only a matter of time before I lowered the difficulty so I did. Now I can explore in peace and finish the game faster.

VERY VERY much loving Elden Ring! It's just so good. I know I'm late to this party but I almost never start games right away anymore. 

I was playing Starfield but have shelved it for ER for now!

Crazy to still have these to play.....

1.God of War: Ragnorok 

2.Dying light 2

3.Both Spidermans

4.Demon Souks remake

5.Death stranding

6.Death loop

7.Gran tourism 7

8.Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

9.Xenoblade 3

10.Returnal

11.Ghostwire Tokyo