What are you playing today?

More Yakuza. Really enjoying it, my only complaint is the amount of times, when I’m walking, I’ll get caught on objects, which stops the flow of movement. I wish they’d implemented a GTA-sequel ‘brush past’ thing, just so waking down an alley way didn’t feel like a chore.

The story though is wonderful so far.

I have about 5 games listed in my head I need to play. With gamepass the amount of content out there is awesome. Later next year this gen will start to get traction. Still veryyyy early. Christ, the rumor is elders scroll 6 won't release until 2026! This is going to be a long generation with new sku's coming like last gen. 

More Luigi’s Mansion 3, up to Floor 14. I also ended up trading in a few games and picking up Skyward Sword HD and The Outer Worlds.

Mostly for my wife once she gets bored of Harvest Moon: It’s a Wonderful Life.

I still harbour vague thoughts of playing Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness at some point this year. 

On 11/16/2021 at 4:09 PM, gamer.tv said:

More Luigi’s Mansion 3, up to Floor 14. I also ended up trading in a few games and picking up Skyward Sword HD and The Outer Worlds.

Mostly for my wife once she gets bored of Harvest Moon: It’s a Wonderful Life.

I still harbour vague thoughts of playing Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness at some point this year. 

On 11/16/2021 at 7:40 PM, crispy4000 said:

Might want to hold off on that with all the remake rumors floating around.

And if you don't want to wait, if you're able to, play it via Dolphin Primehack with the HD texture pack. I've replayed it twice like that and the game is honestly gorgeous with the HD texture pack. They're AI-upscaled so not someone fucking with the original art direction or anything. 

On 11/16/2021 at 5:40 PM, crispy4000 said:

Might want to hold off on that with all the remake rumors floating around.

I know nothing about Emily Rogers, but I can't find anything of her being a reliable leaker. I wouldn't hold my breath.

In fact she actually goes back and deleted old "leaks".

My god I'm trying like hell to finish Farcry 6, I want so bad to start putting in hours on Forza 5 and also just got free Control: Ultimate Edition and want to give that a real chance this time. Still again need to finish GoW on ps4 but honestly feel now I might as well wait for the ps5 I'll inevitably get. When ever that is. My PC is really been keeping me busy but I'm feeling the urge to get on board the generation somehow or another. I've been patient, and have hardly even really tried to score a Ps5 or XsX but I'm wanting them....lol I'm getting the Series X on the 24th through BestBuys total tech thingy. Honestly though it's the PS5 I really want!

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Didn’t she call Mario and Rabbids?

I did some more digging because its a slow work day. This is about all the effort I was willing to put into it.

Mario + Rabbids according to some people on Reddit with no source claim it was Laura Dale who confirmed that.

Emily also deletes a ton of her old leaks making it hard to actually verify, it just takes you to a "oops nothings here" twitter page.

Sources: Resetera, Reddit, Reddit

Incorrect

• Mother 3 Wii U outside Japan
  • Female Link in BotW
  • Mario Kart 8 will have 16 new tracks
  • Switch Pro
  • Switch Pro production starting

Correct

• BotW will also ship on NX
  • BotW will have voice acting for most characters
  • NX will not use x86 architecture
  • NX specs (720p, no camera, dock has 2 USB ports)
  • More NX specs that I'm too lazy to type out
  • When the NX will be revealed
  • Mario Kart 8 with all DLC + new stuff
  • New SNK game (Tag Team Frenzy or something like that)

Confirmed someone else's leak

• Correct - NX will have Nvidia Tegra
  • Correct - BotW will have 4 dungeons, over 100 mini dungeons
  • Incorrect - BotW will miss NX launch
  • Mixed - Paper Mario Splash - Intelligent Systems was hiring and had Paper Mario listed in the description
  • Correct - Pokemon Let's Go image leaked on 4chan and will have some tie in with POGO.

11 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy. If you haven’t played, I suggest you do so. I am sure it will be on sale this holiday season. 

I started Kena Bridge of Spirits. It’s very charming so far. 

I'm waiting for my xsx for it. All I hear is great things. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Mass Effect 3. I think I’ve hit the point where I’ve done most of the relevant side stuff and I can more or less sprint to the end. I’ve been having a blast with it. I never had any of the DLC before, and stumbling into the Citadel DLC quest was a joy. What a ridiculous thing. 

Playing Sonic Lost World on pc..it’s not bad? I’m about half way through I think so I’m not sure if it will totally fall apart, but it’s actually a pretty darn fun platformer. It’s kind of weirdly low budget, 2D backgrounds are doing a lot of work with very few 3D objects on the screen at any given time.

Also has some weird design choices like holding down the right trigger to run fast (i think this actually works for the game!) and a double jump that uses the same input as the homing attack (doesn’t work as well!), and some half ass parkour stuff. Also it seems like it was a sequel to colors at some point or something and has the colors powers randomly a few with no explanation or anything. It’s also obviously their attempt at copying Mario Galaxy with its cylinder levels.

But it all is working better than it should. The way the levels move around more naturally switches between the 2D and 3D play styles while also allowing for more actual platforming and attacking in 3D with levels that let you move analog around environments more. The run button I think helps with this as well. I think there are some good ideas that could have helped evolve the franchise in the right direction here but they didn’t quite nail it. Still it’s kinda fun!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Playing Sonic Lost World on pc..it’s not bad? I’m about half way through I think so I’m not sure if it will totally fall apart, but it’s actually a pretty darn fun platformer. It’s kind of weirdly low budget, 2D backgrounds are doing a lot of work with very few 3D objects on the screen at any given time.

Also has some weird design choices like holding down the right trigger to run fast (i think this actually works for the game!) and a double jump that uses the same input as the homing attack (doesn’t work as well!), and some half ass parkour stuff. Also it seems like it was a sequel to colors at some point or something and has the colors powers randomly a few with no explanation or anything. It’s also obviously their attempt at copying Mario Galaxy with its cylinder levels.

But it all is working better than it should. The way the levels move around more naturally switches between the 2D and 3D play styles while also allowing for more actual platforming and attacking in 3D with levels that let you move analog around environments more. The run button I think helps with this as well. I think there are some good ideas that could have helped evolve the franchise in the right direction here but they didn’t quite nail it. Still it’s kinda fun!

That’s actually good to hear.  I don’t really like the direction the ‘boost’ sonic games went compared to the adventure games, so maybe I’d find more to like with Lost World.