What are you playing today?

Luigi’s Mansion 3. I find that I’m struggling to engage with ‘long’ games at the moment, hence why FF7 remains unfinished and I have a load of PS+ games not touched, more games I want to buy. The nature of the Switch though mean it’s great for playing something for 30-40 minutes, after winding down. 

It’s just a shame that there are about 5 games I want to play on PS4, but I have no idea when.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Iki island has been disappointing to me. A few hours in and there is no story lol. Lot's of fighting so it's all good 👍 

You're the only person ive heard of with this opinion.

Kena was a very good game. I enjoyed it. For 40$, I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who likes adventure games.

That last boss though, on normal, still took me multiple tries. Game wasn't souls hard, but it was difficult.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

No story?! Are you just running around killing stuff? Do the story missions. There's a whole Back story about Jin there for god's sake

Yea, I've been doing the mission's but the story isn't going anywhere. I must be at a spot the story really kicks in I have no idea.

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I've been doing the mission's but the story isn't going anywhere. I must be at a spot the story really kicks in I have no idea.

Make sure you find the memories as well... they reveal a lot of the back story too. Not sure what you're missing because the story in this expansion is very well done for a DLC and fits in with the main game pretty well.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Finally at Chapter 18 in FF7:R. I wonder if I’d been able to play through the whole game over a long weekend, would I have enjoyed the back end more.

Either way, hopefully tomorrow evening, it will be nice to get this off the backlog.

Managed to finish it this morning when my daughter woke me up (she enjoyed the cutscenes, played with her toys when it was me running around).

Now to focus on LM3 and then…I just don’t know. I’m downloading Detroit: Become Human but I’m thinking about getting something a bit more…action-y.

Started Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass. Took a while to figure out how to disable the Steam on screen keyboard that kept popping up and the controls were a pain to set up. I had to switch from my Switch Pro controller to Xbox One controller, set the controller option to Force Off and even then I had to hit F1 on the keyboard to get the option to change the buttons but the mappings are B1, B2... which can be set to A, B, C, X, Y, Z, L, R. I found a suggested mapping that works well so I just used that. The d-pad doesn't work and the analog stick tends to move me in the wrong direction at times but now I can actually play the game.

In some form or another playing: 

Diablo 2 R

Mass Effect 2 

Castlevania Circle of the Moon 

Spelunky 2 

Control (like it, don't love it, have to kinda force myself to boot it up and progress a bit, but super interested in the story so it's enough to propel me)

Friends are trying to get me to play New World - I think I'm going to hold off. I am taking a break from FF14 for a month or so while I try to get some of these newer games finished. 

I stopped playing Diablo III because I’m not really in the mood for its repetitive gameplay loop right now. I started playing an indie game from Greece called Die Young, and I’m enjoying it. It’s an open world first person survival horror game with platforming elements that takes place on an island with obvious inspiration taken from Far Cry 3 minus the guns.

My only real issue with it so far is that it’s low budget, but even so it still manages to deliver a solid experience. The graphics are decent, the gameplay is good for the most part, the voice acting is passable and the overall design is well done. There’s very little handholding, exploration is definitely encouraged. It also offers some resource gathering, crafting and survival sim elements.

I stopped playing Die Young because it wasn’t respecting my time. It offers a fairly big open map that you have to physically travel by foot long distances across, so they provide campfires (save points) at challenging areas that are far apart from each other so that if you die you can reload close to where you were. But I made it to a challenging area that was extremely far from my last campfire save point, and I couldn’t find a campfire save point anywhere near it. I fell to my death during a platforming section, and was sent all the way back to my last campfire save point with all progress lost. I wasn’t having that, so I quit playing. I like the premise and design of the game, but it could have definitely used a bigger budget to have some production values. I’ll probably give it another go sometime in the future as I was somewhat enjoying it, but I’m not really in the mood for its somewhat methodically paced trial-and-error gameplay right now.

I started playing Gravity Rush Remastered, and I’m really liking it. It’s original and fun. I know that it received some good attention and praise back when it originally came out, and now I understand why because it’s something that’s different and unique. I also have Gravity Rush 2, and I look forward to playing it after I play this one.