What are you playing today?

Alan Wake - still a fantastic game to immerse yourself in after dark. The new character models, animations and textures make this feel more like definitive completed version than a remaster.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - still a timeless videogame ass videogame, improved and refined to play better than ever now. Only complaint: why isn't there online multiplayer?

Kena:BoS - I heard how short this is and thought corrupted taro was the final boss lol.  Glad there's still so much left, it's been a breath of fresh air so far.  ^_^

Mass Effect 2 (LE)- I’ve been slowly making my way through this over the course of a month or more. I have the full crew and all but one or two are loyal. I don’t remember how much there is to do after that. Also seeing a lot of this DLC for the first time. I think the only one I bought back in the day was Lair of the Shadow Broker. 

Back 4 Blood - Seems good/fine. Glad it’s on Game Pass, because I probably won’t get a ton out of it. 

Working my way (we’ll, I say working, I mean enjoying massively and slowly) Luigi's Mansion 3. 

With life, at a push, I have about 45 minutes of downtime to game (I use my commute for working and reading), so everything takes a long time. I could definitely go for a pause button from time to time, just to really sit down and enjoy something, without that feeling that I should be doing something more important.

• Like 1

I just beat Circle of the Moon. 

I have to say…fuck this game? 

Perhaps I needed to engage with the card system more or something, but the boss difficulty spikes are absurd, and my thumbs are literally throbbing with all of the fucking double tapping you have to do just to run. The controls feel like they are stuck in mud. I had some fun in the early and mid game but honestly that might be the worst non-NES Castlevania game I’ve ever played. 

I'm finally getting back into Yakuza 0. I bought it for six bucks a few years ago and have put a little time into the game here and there, but I've been playing a lot over the last few days. (Although it's confusing - Steam says I've played at least 15 hours in the past week for a total of 30-something, but the in-game timer says it's only been 18 hours total). Like everyone says, the game is really good. So far I have to say that I think Like a Dragon is better, but that might be the lifelong RPG fan in me talking.

I stopped playing Gravity Rush Remastered because some of the bosses were annoying me. I plan to return to it again in the future.

I played and finished The Takeover in just a few sittings. It’s a fairly average arcade style side scrolling beat-em-up. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it’s not as good as the classics.

Now I’m playing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and enjoying it. It’s a colorful and cute 2D pixel art side scrolling beat-em-up with a lot of charm.

4 hours ago, aett said:

I'm finally getting back into Yakuza 0. I bought it for six bucks a few years ago and have put a little time into the game here and there, but I've been playing a lot over the last few days. (Although it's confusing - Steam says I've played at least 15 hours in the past week for a total of 30-something, but the in-game timer says it's only been 18 hours total). Like everyone says, the game is really good. So far I have to say that I think Like a Dragon is better, but that might be the lifelong RPG fan in me talking.

I did a very similar thing, though I bought it last year - got to a pint where I had to escape from a Yakuza building by beating up roughly 800 enemies and then haven’t returned to it. Maybe it’s time…

5 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

I did a very similar thing, though I bought it last year - got to a pint where I had to escape from a Yakuza building by beating up roughly 800 enemies and then haven’t returned to it. Maybe it’s time…

That part almost ended my run after a couple of failed attempts. And I mean BADLY failed.

My advice is to stock up on health (and heat, and health+heat) medicine. Don't forget to use the items around the rooms (chairs, computers, etc.) and attack enemies with them. They don't do a ton of damage usually, but can be good for hitting several guys at once.

Also, be sure to spend money to upgrade your abilities. The health increases in each fighting style apply to ALL fighting styles.

I stopped playing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game because I started playing River City Girls to check it out since I’m currently in a beat-em-up mood, and it has its hooks in me. It’s an adventure beat-em-up with an interconnected open-ended game world, and light RPG elements. I’m really digging it. I’ll go back to Scott Pilgrim again at some point since I was enjoying it, but I would rather play River City Girls now since I like it even more.

• Like 1

I'm trying really really hard to play Half Life Alyx with continuous settings. My brain just can't seem to adjust, I get dizzy within 10 minutes or so and either have to quit or swap back to blink. Considering its my first game, maybe I should just stick with blink for now and try continuous later when my body is a little more adjusted. I've heard using a fan helps and most people recommend just stopping once you feel sick. I might buy a game where progress isn't as important that I can pick up and put down more easily.

6 hours ago, Nokt said:

I'm trying really really hard to play Half Life Alyx with continuous settings. My brain just can't seem to adjust, I get dizzy within 10 minutes or so and either have to quit or swap back to blink. Considering its my first game, maybe I should just stick with blink for now and try continuous later when my body is a little more adjusted. I've heard using a fan helps and most people recommend just stopping once you feel sick. I might buy a game where progress isn't as important that I can pick up and put down more easily.

Definitely get something more simple to adjust, but some people Definitely have problems with vr.

I tried playing Hello Neighbor for that Microsoft Rewards quest and the game gave me some very strong motion sickness.

On top of that I really didn't enjoy my time with it. The game kind of dumps you into the world and you have to figure out what to do, and on top of it making me feel bad I couldn't figure out what to do so I uninstalled it.

I looked up a walkthrough afterward and I was sorta on the right track but the game's controls are so bad it's probably something I would have never done.

On the bus so grabbed my DS. Sadly, my SD card thingy is broken so I can’t add any new games, but played a bit of Inside Bowser’s Inside Story which was OK. I’ll grab a new one and be thoroughly unoriginal and add the general consensus for the top 20 games or so, then I might play it a bit more…