~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Oh

This is a common tactic among right-wing personalities, and probably the most frustrating.

They create a narrative that doesn’t exist ie Democrats are hoping that Trump dies of COVID or are now cursing his recovery.

It creates an infinite cycle / well of grievance politics. It’s also really common among 2nd amendment supporters ie Democrats want to take your guns or the media is trying to provoke a civil war.

Just now, osxmatt said:

This is a common tactic among right-wing personalities, and probably the most frustrating.

They create a narrative that doesn’t exist ie Democrats are hoping that Trump dies of COVID or are now cursing his recovery.

It creates an infinite cycle / well of grievance politics. It’s also really common among 2nd amendment supporters ie Democrats want to take your guns or the media is trying to provoke a civil war.

I do want to take their guns. :whistlin:

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Which is why Democratic politicians should just ignore it, they'll literally just invent it whole cloth even if you don't actually do it or say it. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Which is why Democratic politicians should just ignore it, they'll literally just invent it whole cloth even if you don't actually do it or say it. 

That would be ideal but it’s more complex than that. Fox News drives Republican Party leadership talking points, and then in effort to appear unbiased, mainstream media companies give platforms to those politicians or Fox News talking points.

6 hours ago, silentbob said:

He’s going to die at the White House.

Has that ever happened before?

EDIT: and I should have kept scrolling before I asked

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

He won't be the first.

whitehousehistory-c8859f759e.png
WWW.WHITEHOUSEHISTORY.ORG

There are a number of people who have passed away while living or working in the Executive Mansion. The below list includes all known deaths in the White House, of...

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Has that ever happened before?

He wouldn't be the first president to do so. 

whitehousehistory-c8859f759e.png
WWW.WHITEHOUSEHISTORY.ORG

There are a number of people who have passed away while living or working in the Executive Mansion. The below list includes all known deaths in the White House, of...

10 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He's feeling the effects of the steroids.

I've been sick for days at a time with allergies and sinus infections until I finally cave and go to the doctor and get a shot of Decadron. I go from wanting to die to feeling like a new person within hours. It's crazy how good they make you feel.

Not that this is really the same thing. But I had a rash on my arm for like 2 weeks. They gave me one of those steroid creams and the next day it was GONE.